Saginaw Spirit 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slap Shot Rick

Apr 1, 2015
Prosvetov is playing ECHL for Rapid City in his 1st game he posting his 1st pro SO. In 4 games for Bridgeport he is 3-1 with a GA-1.98 save%- .944. Some excellent numbers won't be able to get him in Saginaw playing that well.
I'm still looking at the glass as half full and hope we can makes some deals when the time is right.

I think you have your AHL teams mixed up. Ivan hasn't played for Bridgeport, he played for Tucson in the AHL. Bridgeport is the Islanders farm team and where Bode Wilde is right now, although I don't believe he's played any games yet.

Reactions: Finster8

Bag O Pucks

Sep 13, 2019
For what it’s worth, Ivan is no longer listed on Saginaw’s roster as of a couple weeks ago. Wilde on the other hand does still appear on it. Not like I expect him back either. Just pointing out the Ivan discussion is pretty much dead.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Rumor has it that Bode is on his way back to Saginaw......huge pick up if true

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Saggy l hope you are right. From what I have been reading on the NYI Thread they are anxious to get him going in Bridgeport. It doesn't seem likely Wilde returns but stranger things have happened. If your sources are correct that would change thiñgs for the Spirit.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Saggy l hope you are right. From what I have been reading on the NYI Thread they are anxious to get him going in Bridgeport. It doesn't seem likely Wilde returns but stranger things have happened. If your sources are correct that would change thiñgs for the Spirit.

My fingers are crossed just like everyone else.........lets give it the weekend and see what happens

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
My fingers are crossed just like everyone else.........lets give it the weekend and see what happens

I would be surprised...he doesn't want back, nor do the Islanders. He is exempt from the NHL-CHL agreement, having been drafted before signing an OHL contract. If he is moved, it will be to Worcester of the ECHL.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Big game tonight against a strong Windsor team. Our best players will have to show up and play well and some tight D. Then Flint on Wednesday so some very important games at this time of the year. Lazary had changed the lines putting Katic-Perfetti-Coskey and Perfetti had his first multi goal game this season. Until they acquire a forward or 2 it strengthens the top 6. Leaving Giroux-Jenkins-Busdeker but the key will be Lennox and how he performs. He has to steal a game here and there and keep developing as the season progresses.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
I know Perfetti got two goals but don’t think Katic is the reason. He doesn’t seem to be able to keep up with that line from a skating perspective. Clearly need a top 6 player up front.

Reactions: swoopster

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
I know Perfetti got two goals but don’t think Katic is the reason. He doesn’t seem to be able to keep up with that line from a skating perspective. Clearly need a top 6 player up front.

Agreed saggy,
He's not a sniper like Hodgson was, not the goal scoring threat that Tippett was, so he better become an absolute beast in the corners and protector of his linemates, and a force in front of the net.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
I never said that he will be the next Gretzky just that it worked and we need a F or 2.

Saginaw 2019

Sep 23, 2018
Why in the world is Katic playing with both Coles , budsker moves back to forward with Jenkins and giroux last 2 games and 0 points on that top line you have only 3 players averaging over 1 point per game , just put them together and figure out the rest , our issue now is that we are loaded with 2000 birth year and realistically no big time goal scorers and that’s a issue for this year and next
No one can complain as rookies are getting opportunities, our pp is absolutely terrible and pk is getting worse , this is not coaches fault , I would dump At least 3-00 and 1-99 and make a run , if not this team will keep rebuilding for the future every year and again every year withoout a championship

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
I hear ya but you need to have a willing trading partner. The 2000s are truly unproductive but they will be hard to trade since they will only have one year left max. If I'm trading with Saginaw I'm going after 02s and 01s and some draft picks.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
Who is going to take, and what do you get for what is left of our great salvation draft of 2000,... This team needs a lot of help to make the run. Last year was the year and now that window is closed.

Play with what we got, and maybe a certain player gets moved.

Last edited:

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
By certain player do you mean Perfetti? My expectations were that we would go for it this year and trade him next year to Oshawa for their run at the Memorial Cup. If we continue the win one, lose one habit then it would make no sense to trade away future assets as the Team wont run deep into playoffs anyway so maybe Perfetti may be the one the goes if we don't pick up some steam.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
We need a couple of guys who can score that is a simple conclusion. DD has to make the decision. A two way trade perhaps, this year we get Noel McShane Gross for prospects and picks. Next year they get Perfetti Millmañ Cardwell and we get back those picks back and new prospects. Just blowing hot air but it would benefit both teams.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
I'm making the assumption that you don't think Noel, McShane or Gross will be back for their OA year. If that is the case, it could make some sense but how do they craft it today to ensure they get Perfetti, Cardwell and Millman?? I would assume on a handshake and a wink......not much more you could do that I am aware. Moreover if we get those 3 then what do we give up to get them......picks would make sense because they can be reaquired but you have to have some warm bodies too.

Last question.....do you not think that Oshawa could go for it this year? They seem to have a better record than we do. That could change the overall picture quite dramatically so do our 3 players go that way and we just stockpile draft picks??

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
I think their are a team that could go for it but are looking good for next season. With some additional talent for next year could put them as serious contenders.
Bodies going back Punnett, Smith, Baber who am I to say? Just trying to figure out some options to make us better or trade of some of our guys and get some future picks. Time will tell DD will have to do come up with something.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
I think their are a team that could go for it but are looking good for next season. With some additional talent for next year could put them as serious contenders.
Bodies going back Punnett, Smith, Baber who am I to say? Just trying to figure out some options to make us better or trade of some of our guys and get some future picks. Time will tell DD will have to do come up with something.

Zero chance Smith moves. Being a Saginaw kid and still having a no trade.

Punnett and Cardwell will be our big names up for trade for trade for big fish along with our picks if I had to guess

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
We are all guessing. DD will dictate what direction we go, ultimately. At least our team isn't at the bottom with a talented bunch of players add a few and see, just one man's opinion.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Rumor has it that Bode is on his way back to Saginaw......huge pick up if true

I am responding to this. Swoopster, you know who they are going to trade? Geez my foolishness was started by someone else. Block my posts, who are you to tell me what to respond too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad