Dreger: Sabres want 1st, conditional pick, roster player, prospect for E. Kane

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Yeah this. I like the money phone and tracksuits, believe me, but the ladychoking I don't. Not really comparable to PK's situation.

It's funny how fans selectively decide which players those types of things are a problem for, though. I mean, never see anyone say Patrick Kane is a "lockerroom cancer," etc. like they do with Evander, but his background is at least as checkered. Quite possibly more so, considering he actually (without any doubt) assaulted a someone. Even with Voynov, I've never seen fans speculate negatively about him as a teammate.

At the end of the day, GMs, above all else, care what these guys can do as players. Someone is going to acquire Kane for what he can do on the ice. All this fan griping about his perceived character flaws is pretty pointless.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
It's funny how fans selectively decide which players those types of things are a problem for, though. I mean, never see anyone say Patrick Kane is a "lockerroom cancer," etc. like they do with Evander, but his background is at least as checkered. Quite possibly more so, considering he actually (without any doubt) assaulted a someone. Even with Voynov, I've never seen fans speculate negatively about him as a teammate.

I mean, I don't disagree here.

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
very anxious to see who swallows this poison pill of a player. Kane is a great measure of which GM's pay attention to other teams and which don't but rely on stats. So which GM is going to risk his career this time. Tim murray spun the wheel and lost... who next.

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg
At the end of the day, GMs, above all else, care what these guys can do as players. Someone is going to acquire Kane for what he can do on the ice. All this fan griping about his perceived character flaws is pretty pointless.
Yet on draft day GMs talk about drafting not only skill but character. Hmm.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
That is a monumental ask by Buffalo. This guy is a free agent this Summer! I bet he goes cheaper.

Price for Brassard a 2C came in at a 1st, a 2nd rounder from 2016 in the goalie prospect, and a player that the Sens should flip for a 3rd for sure, maybe up to a 2nd in Cole. And the Pens got another year of him at $3 million cap hit.

That's more valuable than Maroon, Kane, Nash, etc. IMO.

Reactions: JuniorNelson

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Price for Brassard a 2C came in at a 1st, a 2nd rounder from 2016 in the goalie prospect, and a player that the Sens should flip for a 3rd for sure, maybe up to a 2nd in Cole. And the Pens got another year of him at $3 million cap hit.

That's more valuable than Maroon, Kane, Nash, etc. IMO.

It's true. That is a giant payment! Buffalo should be so lucky? Maybe.

I think Kane will want to be a free agent. If the new team can't get a handshake agreement for an extension it will affect the price.

I am suspicious that Kings may pay. They are adding anality.

BritSabre

Feb 10, 2006
Reading, UK
That is a monumental ask by Buffalo. This guy is a free agent this Summer! I bet he goes cheaper.

He was playing a lot better at the time this was reported. It was still a high ask at the time, but following just a handful of points in the last 20 games or so does seem extremely optimistic now. If there were offers in December, I expect they were higher than what we end up settling for now.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
A lockerroom cancer is different than a dirtbag. Fans don't decide who is a lockerroom cancer, teammates do.

This. I always used to like to watch his interviews because he came across as a well spoken guy to listen to. Also I met him once and he was very personable and friendly.

I'm not saying he's a great guy, but my point is that we don't really know as outsiders. Obviously he's had some questionable incidents but who knows what he's like as a teammate. It's not a great argument to make against him.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio

Look at what many people said about the price for Duchene. Many felt Sakic would never get his price. He held out and finally got it. You just never know. Maybe the Sabres get their asking price?

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
giphy.gif

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Look at what many people said about the price for Duchene. Many felt Sakic would never get his price. He held out and finally got it. You just never know. Maybe the Sabres get their asking price?

Uh, Duchene still had term on his contract when he was traded. Those two are terrible comparisons.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011

Stop making sense. Irrational drama is so much more entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad