Dreger: Sabres want 1st, conditional pick, roster player, prospect for E. Kane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Haven't seen him much. Anybody care to comment on Kane's abilities in the following:

Goes into tough areas instead of perimeter?
Sticks up for teammates?
Is he committed defensively?
Does he give full effort out there?
All of the above

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Haven't seen him much. Anybody care to comment on Kane's abilities in the following:

Goes into tough areas instead of perimeter? A
Sticks up for teammates? B
Is he committed defensively? D(umb)
Does he give full effort out there? A

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
Why would a 40 point winger bring in that much? He's broken the 45 point barrier once in his career and that was about 6 years ago.

You do realize though that most NHL forwards never see 50 points. Plus, there are other parts to hockey other than points which is something 95% of HF posters can't grasp. That being said, I never liked Kane.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Some of these comments in here are downright disparaging and uncalled for.

Anyone who is questioning Kane's character or work ethic have clearly not been paying attention to him the last two years. He's been an exemplary teammate who busts his *** nearly every shift (despite some ill-advised playmaking at times) and been positively and proactively engaged in the community.

With his motor, snarl and scoring touch, EK is exactly the kind of player you want for a playoff push, and I'll be bandwagonning for whoever grabs him.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
You do realize though that most NHL forwards never see 50 points. Plus, there are other parts to hockey other than points which is something 95% of HF posters can't grasp. That being said, I never liked Kane.

Ok, now answer my question instead of wasting my time by quoting me or don't bother.

Why would a 40 point winger bring in that much?

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
Why the f*** are all you idiots comparing Kane to current Ladd? The discussion was in comparison to 2016 Ladd, who was half a season removed from a 62 point season

Literally one of the dumbest arguments I've ever seen people have on HF. Of course Kane has more value than 2018 Ladd. Why tf does that matter to anything?

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Yeah, after what Brassard got, I can't imagine Kane getting anywhere close to that.

hockeyfan2k18

Feb 11, 2018
Some of these comments in here are downright disparaging and uncalled for.

Anyone who is questioning Kane's character or work ethic have clearly not been paying attention to him the last two years. He's been an exemplary teammate who busts his *** nearly every shift (despite some ill-advised playmaking at times) and been positively and proactively engaged in the community.

With his motor, snarl and scoring touch, EK is exactly the kind of player you want for a playoff push, and I'll be bandwagonning for whoever grabs him.

Kane suffers from the same thing PK does. Labeled as a NBA-type primadona. Not to mention his early transgressions as a youngster seemed to have followed him. When you're a guy like him and make a mistake, some people never forget.

Hope he goes somewhere and gets back on track.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Well Buffalos asking price is remarkably similar to what Brassard (with retention) got for Ottawa, with an extra year. That is uncanny.

Is anyone else rethinking it being a buyers market this year?

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
Kane suffers from the same thing PK does. Labeled as a NBA-type primadona. Not to mention his early transgressions as a youngster seemed to have followed him. When you're a guy like him and make a mistake, some people never forget.

He has gotten back on track. As a player, he is what he is. A lot of these "character issues" exist only to posters who don't care for him.

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey
Outrageous demands for a pending UFA with known attitude problems. He’s having a great season, don’t get me wrong, but there are risks with Kane. Dude comes with luggage. Buffalo should be thankful that multiple GMs are kicking the tires. At best this is nothing more than “we go high you go low so we get what we really want in the middle” posturing.

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
kane has had one season beyond 50 pts in 9 seasons, while playing top 6 mins with extensive pp time every year. he's worth no more than a 2nd round pick. he's beyond selfish, takes bad shots from everywhere and never passes the puck. tread lightly with this guy. overrated isn't enough to describe him.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
would it bother you if Kane returned more?
why would it bother anyone? theyre just saying its not likely given his history

when you trade for any player youre buying the whole package, not just the last 2 seasons or the last month, its everything the good and the bad, just because he's been a good citizen in buffalo doesnt mean he will be everywhere else, you evaluate it along with everything else. and some people place more importance on some things than others. the Mid 80's flyers for example would pay more for a player with a bad boy image, because their teams thrived on intimidation.

its a team by team decision based on their evaluation of variables, teams dont care about others evaluations, they care about their own, so why would they care

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

He's been either accused or charged of either assaulting or sexually assaulting 4 different people including 3 women in the last 2 years.

Nobody gives a shit about the 'money phone' thing from like 6 years ago. They do give a shit about him choking a woman on video two summers ago.

This is in addition to numerous incidents with teammates and coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad