Dreger: Sabres want 1st, conditional pick, roster player, prospect for E. Kane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY

... TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger revised what he reported last Friday regarding Buffalo's asking price for winger Evander Kane... "If Buffalo gets a first (round pick), a prospect, a roster player and a conditional pick - which I was corrected on, frankly after I wrote that on Friday, they want a roster player in addition to the other three assets - for Evander Kane, a pending unrestricted free agent..."

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MATTHEWSisGretzky

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Connor Sheary, Zach Aston-Reese and a 2nd which upgrades to a 1st if he resigns from Pittsburgh. How's that?

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
They never said they have to be good roster players. So it could be a tweener, a B-prospect, a 1st, and a conditional pick that could be as high as a 3rd. That's not bad.

But I doubt that's what Botterill actually meant.

It's no different than Ladd/Hanzal type deadline deals...

I expect it's exactly what Botterill meant.

1st
solid prospect
marginal roster player
conditional filler

Some ideas that were floated on the Sabres board... not so much as deals we want... but that fit the parameters without being ridiculous (like including a top prospect and/or an impact roster player)....

SJ
1st
J.Roy
Boedker
Conditional 3rd

WAS
1st
Hobbs
Connolly
Conditional 2nd

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
They never said they have to be good roster players. So it could be a tweener, a B-prospect, a 1st, and a conditional pick that could be as high as a 3rd. That's not bad.

I'm assuming salary needs to be evened out which technically is an asset for the team trading for Kane

For example, if the Isles were trading for Kane:
1st, 2nd in 2020 if he signs otherwise a 2018 3rd, Mitch Van Somple and Hickey. Hickey in this scenario is a cap dump, ufa for ufa.

Can't see the Isles trading for Kane though in any scenario and given the thousands of injuries this year I don't think they have interest in trading Hickey anyway.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Ask for the stars and hope for the moon? Asking price for OEL does not look so bad now :thumbu:

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

Beat me to it. It isn’t specific enough, but it does seem unlikely that your list(or the one I would have made) is what he meant.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
I have no problem with the ask. It's not going to happen but it sounds kinda similar to Garth and Vanek. Garth prob wanted a first and a really good prospect and ended up settling for a second and a meh prospect. Sabres should def aim for a first at the very least, we'll see if anyone bites.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
LOL

they aint getting it, unless its a B/C prospect and fringe NHL roster player (4th liner/6-7 dman)

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
A 1st + cap dump forward + busting prospect and a conditional 7th?
Still seems like an overpay, but fine you twisted my arm.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
unless its a B/C prospect and fringe NHL roster player (4th liner/6-7 dman)

I think that's exactly the direction they are heading if this is the ask. B prospect and bottom line NHLer (maybe still young and with term that the scouting team is higher on than the current owners).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->