Dreger: Sabres want 1st, conditional pick, roster player, prospect for E. Kane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
This kid has been overrated more than any player I know. His 6mil cap hit is crazy for the things he brings. Good and bad. No way they get that amount for him.

I think he is low-key the most underrated player in the league. He’s not great or anything, but the common perception is that he’s trash

He is the nickelback of players

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
Could care less what the return is, just want Kane gone. And Lehner. Waited long enough.

He wants Kane gone, there is an amount of caring involved.

Unless he is set on an absolute of zero caring, then he couldn't care less but since he has some involvement he in fact could care less.

Reactions: Mr Meeseeks

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
No one should give up a 1st or top prospect for Kane.
Definitely not worth it. Way too much ego for mediocre talent.

I can see 2nd + b prospect + bottom 6 player from a team like San Jose or St louis .

Reactions: fischi

BuffNuck

Feb 20, 2018
Don't be shocked if one of the last deals of the day is a Virtanen for Kane deal. Canucks for some reason want the upper hand on signing him and Buffalo will realize they won't have many takers for Kane. Almost like Hodgson for Kassian 2.0 and we all know how that worked out!

Dongstoppable

Oct 12, 2017
No one should give up a 1st or top prospect for Kane.
Definitely not worth it. Way too much ego for mediocre talent.

I can see 2nd + b prospect + bottom 6 player from a team like San Jose or St louis .

You don't need to build your team around Kane, you just need him to step up into your lineup and score at a 30 goal pace. Considering it's a contract year, whoever acquires him can be pretty sure he'll be motivated to go out and do whatever he can to get a huge contract in the offseason. He's a problematic player, but worth quite a lot in this position, IMO. He's the kind of player you trade for at the deadline, but you'll regret signing him long-term in the offseason.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Could care less what the return is, just want Kane gone. And Lehner. Waited long enough.

He wants Kane gone, there is an amount of caring involved.

Unless he is set on an absolute of zero caring, then he couldn't care less but since he has some involvement he in fact could care less.

I know that, but you have to admit he's been incredibly persistent, his opinion has never waivered, its been almost 3 years of consistent disinterest, he wants to win and Pigpen has no use for less than committed players

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
I think he is low-key the most underrated player in the league. He’s not great or anything, but the common perception is that he’s trash

Kane is a much better player than the people on this board will give him credit for, but, the fact that you think Nickelback is not trash, totally discredits your opinion.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009

So he's widely hated and does the same things over and over again, calling them different things, hoping no one notices he hasn't improved anything in his entire career?

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
he's not staying here. we HAVE to trade him. I'm expecting the worst at this point... 2nd + a not so valuable prospect.

We don’t have to trade him. A second rounder is basically garbage, especially from a playoff team. I’d rather have Botterill be known as a tough negotiator concerning trades than a pushover. That would be more valuable that garbage.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
We don’t have to trade him. A second rounder is basically garbage, especially from a playoff team. I’d rather have Botterill be known as a tough negotiator concerning trades than a pushover. That would be more valuable that garbage.
That's just dumb.

Take nothing over a 2nd rounder just to try and make a point in case it might help you later on? Come on.

I am sure he is sifting thru all the deals on the table involving 1st rounders+ and seeing which one helps the most.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Or, he could be known as an unreasonable guy who always has to " win" trades, and he will be avoided in the future by other GM's. I don't understand why the Sabres are not dumping players they don't want. You are leaving money on the table.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
You don't need to build your team around Kane, you just need him to step up into your lineup and score at a 30 goal pace. Considering it's a contract year, whoever acquires him can be pretty sure he'll be motivated to go out and do whatever he can to get a huge contract in the offseason. He's a problematic player, but worth quite a lot in this position, IMO. He's the kind of player you trade for at the deadline, but you'll regret signing him long-term in the offseason.
Except for the part where he's not on a 30 goal pace and only has 5 goals and 2 assists in his last 25 games. And yet you think he's highly motivated??
Because he doesn't bring anything other than scoring,( and he's not scoring) the market for him is going to be terrible.

Definitely not a 1st.
Definitely not a tip prospect .
Absolutely definitely not both.

Reactions: Tripod

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Hearing a mini bidding war between 4 teams ongoing, Kane will move today, question is for what.

Dongstoppable

Oct 12, 2017
Except for the part where he's not on a 30 goal pace and only has 5 goals and 2 assists in his last 25 games. And yet you think he's highly motivated??
Because he doesn't bring anything other than scoring,( and he's not scoring) the market for him is going to be terrible.

Definitely not a 1st.
Definitely not a tip prospect .
Absolutely definitely not both.

Dude Ryan f***ing Hartman just got a first+ and you don't think a guy who is scoring just off a 30 goal pace isn't going to get at least that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad