Dreger: Sabres want 1st, conditional pick, roster player, prospect for E. Kane

Status
Not open for further replies.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
He is 45-48pts at best with zero playoff experience. Makes me wonder who will pay that much.

someone will trade for him, he's too talented not to take the chance. the question is how much will they pay. thats the question

one thing i do know botterill is a smart man, he's not lying to his fellow GM's. he's just saying that Kane is a gifted talent and he can help your team. he isnt going to risk his relationships by lying to anyone

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
If history is any guide, someone will pay too much, in an almost certainly doomed attempt to win a Cup.
I guess we will see.. I guess I do not mind trading 1st for him if he resigns but I doubt I would add anything else to that but like I said we'll see

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I hate his lack of hockey sense, shot selection, etc...

But he is fast, strong and a good enough puck handler to create on simple bull rushes.

I would not sign him for more than 5 a year. Which he will get more.

But for a playoff contender, I think he is worth a decent price, based solely on the fact you could put him on your third or fourth line and get some guarantee even strength production, along with great physical play and agitation.

Not sure how much philly would pay but he would improve the bottom six as dangerous group. He absolutely needs conscientious line mates who can cover on d and are prepared for terrible shots and odd rebounds.

If a player with no playoff experience was ever more suited to the playoffs it’s kaner.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Id imagine that even some Sabre fans would be okay with a second rounder at this point. What would you rather do risk getting nothing or get a second and be happy?

Just for the sake of discussion?

Shootica

Jan 17, 2013
Utica, NY
If imagine that even some Sabre fans would be okay with a second rounder at this point. What would you rather do risk getting nothing or get a second and be happy?

Just for the sake of discussion?

After what Rick Nash returned, a 2nd for Kane would be incredibly disappointing.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
After what Rick Nash returned, a 2nd for Kane would be incredibly disappointing.
I understand that, but 1st round picks are looking to be in short supply. The Rangers goosed up the Nash deal by retaining and taking back Belesky it wasn't as good of a deal as it looks at first glance

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I bet teams are worried about destroying their dressing rooms right before the playoffs.
I'm sure one team will feel they missed out on another guy and pay up for him but I'd be shocked if there was a bidding war.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Preds offer Sam Reinhardt. You give him to us and just maybe we will take Kane.... you may have to toss in a third as well. It will cost you to have our locker room ruined. ;)

BlacknGold4life

Sep 22, 2014
How about Sheary + Hunwick + 3rd for Kane w/ 1M retained.

Kane hasn't been scoring. I think straight up they might get a 2nd and a mid-tier prospect. This would be the biggest return I could see them getting... It comes with players w/ term and experience. Not the best players but solid depth. Plus a 3rd.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
I'm not at all worried about Kane...he'll move and it will be for a very good return. No chance I'm joining the chicken littles who can only speculate in the negative.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
Could care less what the return is, just want Kane gone. And Lehner. Waited long enough.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
How about Sheary + Hunwick + 3rd for Kane w/ 1M retained.

Kane hasn't been scoring. I think straight up they might get a 2nd and a mid-tier prospect. This would be the biggest return I could see them getting... It comes with players w/ term and experience. Not the best players but solid depth. Plus a 3rd.
How about no

BuffNuck

Feb 20, 2018
NO WAY, Buffalo lowers the price significantly or looses him for nothing come summer! Kane has had an awful second half, he will have to sign a show me deal at this rate in the summer. Nobody paying that kind of price!

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Could care less what the return is, just want Kane gone. And Lehner. Waited long enough.
pigpen,i knew youd say that my friend, some people waiver on their principles, but never you...youre a good man. some things are worth keeping, I respect that

Reactions: pigpen65

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
NO WAY, Buffalo lowers the price significantly or looses him for nothing come summer! Kane has had an awful second half, he will have to sign a show me deal at this rate in the summer. Nobody paying that kind of price!
This kid has been overrated more than any player I know. His 6mil cap hit is crazy for the things he brings. Good and bad. No way they get that amount for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad