Post-Game Talk: Sabres @ Rangers -- 4/27/21

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
The next two tilts against the Fishies are going to be some o' that playoff type experience. They need it and they'll get it. I know some people around here love them those draft tanks but playing out the schedule meaninglessly for a month was not going to be a good thing for this group.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The next two tilts against the Fishies are going to be some o' that playoff type experience. They need it and they'll get it. I know some people around here love them those draft tanks but playing out the schedule meaninglessly for a month was not going to be a good thing for this group.

I'll be shocked if we get more than a point. This team has done nothing but underwhelm in games like that. Hate to be a Debbie downer, but that's coaching to me.

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
Yeah, I don’t expect much. But things are always the same until they aren’t. Probably need to get rid of Quinn until that’s the case, but you never know.

Get the first win clean and the Isles will have to at least put their brown pants on.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Islanders cannot score. They've been shutout or held to 1 goal 7 out of past 11 games. ( Of course we had to give up 6 to them during this run.... )

We must simplify our game. We must beat them.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I still can't believe quinn puts out that fourth line after that monster shift by the chytil line. What a way to not have the pulse of the game.
reminds me of the Jets under Gase. one of the all time WOAT offensive teams but for some reason they would score on the first drive of every game. Gase stuck to a script each game and had no clue how to adjust or feel the game and manage it for his team. I feel like Quinn does someting similar. Has his checklist of things written up before the game and just follows them one by one no matter whats happening on the ice.

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal
Islanders cannot score. They've been shutout or held to 1 goal 7 out of past 11 games. ( Of course we had to give up 6 to them during this run.... )

We must simplify our game. We must beat them.
Patience will be key!
We can't play run and gun against this team or they will burn us on the counter attack and capitalize on our neutral zone turnovers.
Play a boring, patient game and our offensive skill will beat them.
Will our young team be patient....?

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
They probably aren't making the playoffs but at least they are playing important games down the stretch with a little bit of playoff feel. Now get Kravy on Bread's line.
Gave up on that happening just like gave up on Gauthier playing again this year.
Had no doubt Kravy would be playing 4th line minutes and zero pp when he got here from Russia and as predicted have not been "disappointed"
Overall I am impressed that the kid has still played pretty well and put up a few points. I figured he would have a point or 2 max with the time and linemates he's been given

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
The way Shesty is a black hole moving laterally, is beautiful. There's no daylight... you can only beat him with an elite top corner snipe

Reactions: Cmox

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
That’s why I hate the beard. It makes him look like he’s 30 prematurely. Want to enjoy feeling like he’s a kid still.

Damn that sounded wrong
zgz09qdb0ju61.jpg

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
just curious.... has there been any opposing teams coach saying we're [ New York Rangers ] 'well coached' in their post game?

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
If we beat the Islanders twice in regulation we’ll only be one point back of them so they are just as realistic a target as the Bruins. Just need to keep winning to give ourselves a chance.
There’s no doubt we’re going to be a great team eventually, but veteran teams like the Isles and Bruins aren’t just going to choke out of a playoff spot. It would be great if they do though. Man. Imagine.

Reactions: DialUp and egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad