Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
E0Bkup5WUAQget1
Howdie Doodie strikes back.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
@Kovalev27 I’d prefer Chytil to be at .5-.55 PPG pace. But am I upset with a .4-.45 PPG pace? No. Problem is, his efforts, very much like the rest of this team are inconsistent. He again in the 3rd couldnt finish a high danger opportunity. Most of his production has come against crap teams. So should we just plainly accept his production as a positive because the PPG looks sexy enough? Like I said, it’s disingenuous

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Vally schooling Joe about how shooting every play is neanderthal hockey. I guess that's one of the few positives from Quinn is he's not on their asses to shoot everything.

Reactions: CLW

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
Real talk, I'd call Jaromir Jagr and send the kid to the Czech Republic to just be around him for a summer.

Absolutely agree. Chytil at times reminds me so much of a young Jagr with the way he defends the puck down low with his huge butt, and how he can cut wide on defenders with power, while further extending his range of separating puck away from defenders.

I really want this kid to stay here.

Reactions: MyLoveIsBlue

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Proposal:

You know the Senators fans would always chant "Alfie! Alfie! Alfie!" when it hit the 11 minute mark?

What about if we did "Laffy! Laffy! Laffy!" at the 13 minute mark?

Reactions: Cmox

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
These next 2 games against the Islanders are going to be MASSIVE. Now if we manage to take those - I’ll finally have some hope again. 1 pt back, with 4 left.

Rangers need to operate under the assumption that they need to win out to close the season. Even doing that isn’t a full guarantee they make it in the top 4.

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
The good news is that the schedule let's us control our own destiny with the games against Boston and the Isles.

Take care of business.

Reactions: Cmox

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Quinn has to shake up the Panarin line. They’ve been pretty bad for a number of games now. With the Mika and Chytil lines both humming, the obvious move is to swap Kravtsov into Blackwell’s place. I’m really not sure how much more Quinn has to see to make a move.

Blackwell has been a good story and earned his time but he’s cooled off. I know Quinn wants him as the “Fast” on that line but Blackwell isn’t really that kind of player. He has a good touch offensively and decent speed but he’s just too weak on the boards and on the cycle, let alone defensively where he’s not good either. Time to swap Kravtsov into that line.
Makes no sense as to why he went back. When Krav was on that line it was good, they complimented each other nicely. Blackwell has started to kill shifts hugely.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
@Kovalev27 I’d prefer Chytil to be at .5-.55 PPG pace. But am I upset with a .4-.45 PPG pace? No. Problem is, his efforts, very much like the rest of this team are inconsistent. He again in the 3rd couldnt finish a high danger opportunity. Most of his production has come against crap teams. So should we just plainly accept his production as a positive because the PPG looks sexy enough? Like I said, it’s disingenuous

So you want him on a 50 to 55 pt pace with third line mins and zero pp time but you also don’t like his inconsistency which you know very well is literally what we should expect from almost every 21 year old?

there’s nothing disingenuous about a 21 year kid putting up those points and generating the amount of chances he does. Cheap points even out when you don’t finish great chances that goes for every player.

just a weird hill to die on. Kid shows a ton of skill puts up points and we’d all love him to continue to improve and finish more which I’d be shocked if he doesn’t with his upside and age.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
If we can run the table we would finish with 70 points

Islanders have 7 games left, @NYR NYR @BUF @BUF NJ NJ BOS they can only win 3 of 5 against the other teams.
boston has 8 games, BUF BUF @NJ @NJ NYR NYR NYI @Was, so they can only win 4 of 6 against other teams
idk who has the tiebreaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad