3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I'll be shocked if we get more than a point. This team has done nothing but underwhelm in games like that. Hate to be a Debbie downer, but that's coaching to me.

I don't see it that way. This team has been in win now mode for weeks now. Every game has been important and in April they are 10-3-2. They haven't caved under the pressure. They have come up big at times but you just can't win every game. It's impossible, especially in this division. I'm proud of this team and the way they have played for such a young team. I would give up a kidney to see them pass the Isles but in order to do that they have to win at least 5 of 6 and that will be very difficult considering the teams left to play. I think the team will play hard the next 6 but it won't be enough. At least they will have some meaningful games until the very end which only helps the kids.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I don't see it that way. This team has been in win now mode for weeks now. Every game has been important and in April they are 10-3-2. They haven't caved under the pressure. They have come up big at times but you just can't win every game. It's impossible, especially in this division. I'm proud of this team and they way they have played for such a young team. I would give up a kidney to see them pass the Isles but in order to do that they have to win at least 5 of 6 and that will be very difficult considering the teams left to play. I think the team will play hard the next 6 but it won't be enough. At least they will have some meaningful games until the very end which only helps the kids.

The one playoff style game against a good opponent to me was the last Islanders game. The other two Islanders games were good, but it felt like a prayer for them at the time. That game felt like both teams knew it was big and the Rangers had their worst loss of the season.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
The one playoff style game against a good opponent to me was the last Islanders game. The other two Islanders games were good, but it felt like a prayer for them at the time. That game felt like both teams knew it was big and the Rangers had their worst loss of the season.

Every game against the Isles is a playoff game especially this month. They are 1-1-1. I expect to see a better performance on Thursday than the last game.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I don't see it that way. This team has been in win now mode for weeks now. Every game has been important and in April they are 10-3-2. They haven't caved under the pressure. They have come up big at times but you just can't win every game. It's impossible, especially in this division. I'm proud of this team and the way they have played for such a young team. I would give up a kidney to see them pass the Isles but in order to do that they have to win at least 5 of 6 and that will be very difficult considering the teams left to play. I think the team will play hard the next 6 but it won't be enough. At least they will have some meaningful games until the very end which only helps the kids.
I can't look at that record and be confident. Is it not fools gold?

We beat up on NJD, BUF and PHI. ( 8-1-1 ) We did what we're suppose to do.... but I'm still leary... 2-2-1 against PITT and NYI.

The following 6 games will let us know who and what we are. IMO a great measuring stick... Even if we don't make the playoffs, I'd like to see what's what. I truly have no clue what's going to happen or 'which team' will show up

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Rangers have a chance to close out the year with multiple 20 goal scorers, a Norris winner, an .800 winning percentage in the last 20 games in a short season, a stud goalie, a lights out PK, and excellent goal differential, and no shot at making the playoffs so the fans can see an aging WASH, LI, PITT, and BOS grind out the first two rounds. Win for Bettman
After they beat the crap out of each other in the playoffs the Rangers will take the Mass Mutual Metropolitan next year.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
I'll be shocked if we get more than a point. This team has done nothing but underwhelm in games like that. Hate to be a Debbie downer, but that's coaching to me.
That's why I'm going to watch the draft. If I miss out on a loss I'll be very happy I didn't waste time. If I miss out on a win I'll be very happy they won.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
That's why I'm going to watch the draft. If I miss out on a loss I'll be very happy I didn't waste time. If I miss out on a win I'll be very happy they won.

I'll watch the draft because it's my favorite weekend of the year. Even the NHL draft that I like doesn't come close. The NBA draft is a joke.

Reactions: Chytilmania

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
I'll watch the draft because it's my favorite weekend of the year. Even the NHL draft that I like doesn't come close. The NBA draft is a joke.
I watched the draft when the Rangers were down 3-1 against the Pens. We all know what happened next.
317_1.jpg

Do you believe in magic?

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I can't look at that record and be confident. Is it not fools gold?

We beat up on NJD, BUF and PHI. ( 8-1-1 ) We did what we're suppose to do.... but I'm still leary... 2-2-1 against PITT and NYI.

The following 6 games will let us know who and what we are. IMO a great measuring stick... Even if we don't make the playoffs, I'd like to see what's what. I truly have no clue what's going to happen or 'which team' will show up

10-3-2 is still hard no matter who you play. It's hard to beat a team 4 straight games and Buffalo is playing much better than they were a month ago. They just beat Pitt, Boston, and Washington recently. Obviously the next 6 are going to all be tougher games but I'm not going to dismiss what they have done this month. I'm not impressed with the Isles at all. I think we will be ready on Thursday.

Last edited:

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
There’s no doubt we’re going to be a great team eventually, but veteran teams like the Isles and Bruins aren’t just going to choke out of a playoff spot. It would be great if they do though. Man. Imagine.
The Isles already choked their way from the President’s Trophy to third in the division. They absolutely can miss. Is it likely? No, they’ll probably make it over us, but it can happen. That would be one of the craziest chokejobs ever.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Ugly win. Defense has really come apart lately. Igor was really good.

So awesome to see Lafreniere with the GW though all the same.

Kreider-Chytil-Kakko is (unsurprisingly) just dominant at processing the puck. Why I hoped they would get put together for a while.

Defense hasn't been the same since Trouba went down. He's more important to this team than people give him credit for.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Defense hasn't been the same since Trouba went down. He's more important to this team than people give him credit for.
Lol nah.

When we lost Trouba due to the broken thumb our record went:

6-2-0 with a +13 goal differential, with a GAA of 2.376

Rangers 3 Flyers 2
Rangers 4 Capitals 1
Rangers 3 Flyers 4
Rangers 6
Bruins 2
Rangers 2 Bruins 4
Rangers 3
Sabres 2
Rangers 6 Devils 1
Rangers 6 Devils 3

As soon as Trouba came back we went:

0-3-0 with a -10 goal differential

Penguins 5 Rangers 1
Penguins 4 Rangers 2
Bruins 4 Rangers 0

Games without Trouba since his current injury:

3-1-0 with a +7 goal differential, with a GAA of 2.00

Our record this season with Trouba in the lineup vs without:

Without Trouba:
9-3-0 (75% winning percentage) with a GAA of 2.25

With Trouba:
17-15-6 (45% winning percentage) with a GAA of 2.79

We have a 30% greater chance of winning & average .54 fewer goals against when Trouba is not in the lineup. And this is in year 2 of his monster contract, these deals are supposed to look good early on. We're not supposed to be worrying about him living up to it until the later years of the deal. He is a negative impact on the game and will only get worse, especially as our cap situation & dman logjam becomes more dire.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
14-3-2 is still hard no matter who you play. It's hard to beat a team 4 straight games and Buffalo is playing much better than they were a month ago. They just beat Pitt, Boston, and Washington recently. Obviously the next 6 are going to all be tougher games but I'm not going to dismiss what they have done this month. I'm not impressed with the Isles at all. I think we will be ready on Thursday.
15-7-2 since coaching staff got the 'Rona. Like I said, we did what we were suppose to do.

I'm not impressed with the Islanders either. They can't score, but somehow they put up 6 against us. We're 1-1-1. If we're not impressed with the Isles, doesn't that mean we're not impressive? that's my point. 3-1-1 looks much nicer.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Lol nah.

When we lost Trouba due to the broken thumb our record went:

6-2-0 with a +13 goal differential, with a GAA of 2.376

Rangers 3 Flyers 2
Rangers 4 Capitals 1
Rangers 3 Flyers 4
Rangers 6
Bruins 2
Rangers 2 Bruins 4
Rangers 3
Sabres 2
Rangers 6 Devils 1
Rangers 6 Devils 3

As soon as Trouba came back we went:

0-3-0 with a -10 goal differential

Penguins 5 Rangers 1
Penguins 4 Rangers 2
Bruins 4 Rangers 0

Games without Trouba since his current injury:

3-1-0 with a +7 goal differential, with a GAA of 2.00

Our record this season with Trouba in the lineup vs without:

Without Trouba:
9-3-0 (75% winning percentage) with a GAA of 2.25

With Trouba:
17-15-6 (45% winning percentage) with a GAA of 2.79

We have a 30% greater chance of winning & average .54 fewer goals against when Trouba is not in the lineup. And this is in year 2 of his monster contract, these deals are supposed to look good early on. We're not supposed to be worrying about him living up to it until the later years of the deal. He is a negative impact on the game and will only get worse, especially as our cap situation & dman logjam becomes more dire.

Yeah, pay no mind to the opponents played in these games. Theres no difference there.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Islanders cannot score. They've been shutout or held to 1 goal 7 out of past 11 games. ( Of course we had to give up 6 to them during this run.... )

We must simplify our game. We must beat them.

Agreed. Idk if it's rivalry hype or what, but we always open up and try to challenge them to a track meet while they just crowd the net and have their way with us. Strong defense and patience is the key, can't get frustrated by them.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Yeah, pay no mind to the opponents played in these games. Theres no difference there.
The Flyers were great at the time, Bruins & Capitals aren't too shabby either.

People are saying we're playing bad without Trouba and missing him so much, but regardless of who we're playing, we objectively have a better record in every sense without Trouba

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
The next two tilts against the Fishies are going to be some o' that playoff type experience. They need it and they'll get it. I know some people around here love them those draft tanks but playing out the schedule meaninglessly for a month was not going to be a good thing for this group.
I’ve seen zero calls for tanking, to be fair.

Reactions: Kords

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
The Flyers were great at the time, Bruins & Capitals aren't too shabby either.

People are saying we're playing bad without Trouba and missing him so much, but regardless of who we're playing, we objectively have a better record in every sense without Trouba

"As soon as trouba came back... 3 losses vs pit pit bos"

Can spot your cherry picking bias from a mile away, dude

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
We've got a major problem. I can handle the blatant screw ups. I can handle the cringe factor. But I can't handle having this archaic, dinosaur-age nonsense about overpassing thrown in our faces game after game. Who allows this? Do they not understand that the game is evolved? Do they not realize that everything they say is debunked by the guy doing the intermission analysis. I feel bad for impressionable young people or new fans to the game. Just getting a completely asinine education of the modern game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad