Bruins 4 Rangers 0

Games without Trouba since his current injury:

3-1-0 with a +7 goal differential, with a GAA of 2.00

Our record this season with Trouba in the lineup vs without:

Without Trouba:
9-3-0 (75% winning percentage) with a GAA of 2.25

With Trouba:
17-15-6 (45% winning percentage) with a GAA of 2.79

We have a 30% greater chance of winning & average .54 fewer goals against when Trouba is not in the lineup. And this is in year 2 of his monster contract, these deals are supposed to look good early on. We're not supposed to be worrying about him living up to it until the later years of the deal. He is a negative impact on the game and will only get worse, especially as our cap situation & dman logjam becomes more dire.

Our defensive structure on the backline has been ass since Trouba went out against the Isles. They have looked disjointed and have given up a lot more high quality chances IMO. Jones has been ok but with him Smith and Hajek in the lineup the defense suffers. I know you don't like Trouba but they are better with him in the lineup. Miller looks worse without him also.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
15-7-2 since coaching staff got the 'Rona. Like I said, we did what we were suppose to do.

I'm not impressed with the Islanders either. They can't score, but somehow they put up 6 against us. We're 1-1-1. If we're not impressed with the Isles, doesn't that mean we're not impressive? that's my point. 3-1-1 looks much nicer.

That last game against the Piles was our worst game of the year IMO. Trouba getting hurt and screwing up the blue line didn't help either. I'm not impressed with them as far as doing anything in the playoffs and we aren't ready for prime time yet.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I’ve seen zero calls for tanking, to be fair.

We've been gifted two top picks without tanking. I think a lot of people here are now recognizing it takes more than draft order to build a competitor.

Makes the calls from certain posters to intentionally lose games back from 2009-2011 seem a bit silly.

Reactions: bobbop

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
oKtD5v0.jpg

Reactions: Synergy27

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Lol nah.

When we lost Trouba due to the broken thumb our record went:

6-2-0 with a +13 goal differential, with a GAA of 2.376

Rangers 3 Flyers 2
Rangers 4 Capitals 1
Rangers 3 Flyers 4
Rangers 6
Bruins 2
Rangers 2 Bruins 4
Rangers 3
Sabres 2
Rangers 6 Devils 1
Rangers 6 Devils 3

As soon as Trouba came back we went:

0-3-0 with a -10 goal differential

Penguins 5 Rangers 1
Penguins 4 Rangers 2
Bruins 4 Rangers 0

Without Trouba:

With Trouba:

We have a 30% greater chance of winning & average .54 fewer goals against when Trouba is not in the lineup. And this is in year 2 of his monster contract, these deals are supposed to look good early on. We're not supposed to be worrying about him living up to it until the later years of the deal. He is a negative impact on the game and will only get worse, especially as our cap situation & dman logjam becomes more dire.
I liked the post because of the amount of work you put into it, but honestly Trouba looked like a different player before the injury. Would that have lasted though is the question. And we still evidently have a better record without him. The numbers don’t lie. And man if there was ever one player whose contract I wish was cut in half, it’s Trouba for sure.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Reading the Islanders board for a team that will likely make the playoffs at the expense of ours and made the ECF last year we sure do live rent free in their fans' heads.
I saw one fan say verbatim, “there’s still some hope Dolan can ruin the Rangers like he did to the Knicks.” It’s like Dolan caring about the Rangers is their last hope lmao pathetic

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Lol nah.

When we lost Trouba due to the broken thumb our record went:

6-2-0 with a +13 goal differential, with a GAA of 2.376

Rangers 3 Flyers 2
Rangers 4 Capitals 1
Rangers 3 Flyers 4
Rangers 6
Bruins 2
Rangers 2 Bruins 4
Rangers 3
Sabres 2
Rangers 6 Devils 1
Rangers 6 Devils 3

As soon as Trouba came back we went:

0-3-0 with a -10 goal differential

Penguins 5 Rangers 1
Penguins 4 Rangers 2
Bruins 4 Rangers 0

Without Trouba:

With Trouba:

Perfect example of correlation not equaling causation. Mind you his absence is probably overstated but small sample sizes without him, especially where you cherry pick stats. He went out of the Islanders game where we gave up the most goals in the season, but you conveniently ignored. You ignored the fact that 5 of the 8 games without him the first time was against the Flyers, Devils, and Sabres and these last 4 games have all been against the Flyers and Sabres. That's 9 of 12 games with him against the bottom three teams in our division. The three game sample you included were against the Pens and Bruins. You conveniently cut it off at three because the next game after that was a 4-0 shutout against the Bruins.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
I don't see it that way. This team has been in win now mode for weeks now. Every game has been important and in April they are 10-3-2. They haven't caved under the pressure. They have come up big at times but you just can't win every game. It's impossible, especially in this division. I'm proud of this team and the way they have played for such a young team. I would give up a kidney to see them pass the Isles but in order to do that they have to win at least 5 of 6 and that will be very difficult considering the teams left to play. I think the team will play hard the next 6 but it won't be enough. At least they will have some meaningful games until the very end which only helps the kids.
It's fair to admit though that important games against NJ and Buf are not the same as important games against Bost and NYI

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I do enjoy that giving up goals with no time left in the period doesn't phase this team because they do it so damn often. 5D chess from Quinny!

Also, the Icelanders are worse with their goalie pulled than we are. I don't think they even got the puck into Washington's D-zone for a whole two minutes.

Hey!
bernmeister is part Scandinavian incl, Icelandic.
Let's not besmerch those of certain heritage, ok?

maybe Idles for Isles? instead?

----------
tonight ****
Shesty 1
Kreider 2
LaF close 3
Nolan Ryan 4 should have gone to Zib, but wanted to throw NR a bone...

Reactions: BBKers

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
What a great game from Strome and Brendan Smith. I don't know what to think of Smith moving forward, but he has really stepped up with Trouba out. He was lights out today. The way he stepped up at the blueline and laid that big hit which drew that retaliatory penalty was huge. We subsequently scored on the PP. And his goal to open the scoring was also huge. Sometimes he looks like such a valuable piece moving forward.

Love how some here look to dump on Strome after not scoring for a short stretch. Guy had the longest scoring streak of any Ranger this year, and averages close to a point per game, but God forbid he is off the scoreboard for a few games, and we start to question his talent again. His play in dumping the puck, retrieving it under pressure along the back wall, to set up Lafrenière in the slot was a thing a beauty. And I really believe people underestimate how valuable he is on the PP. He has as many points as Panarin on the PP.

Again Chytil looks like a major threat to score every time he touches the puck. He is definitely a major piece moving forward.

Good win for the boys tonight. They could have easily let their guard down but stayed with it. In large part due to the brilliant play of Shesty in net.

I think it's payback time for the Isles. I don't think it will be close Thursday.

Last edited:
Reactions: tlk

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Hey!
bernmeister is part Scandinavian incl, Icelandic.
Let's not besmerch those of certain heritage, ok?

maybe Idles for Isles? instead?

----------
tonight ****
Shesty 1
Kreider 2
LaF close 3
Nolan Ryan 4 should have gone to Zib, but wanted to throw NR a bone...
Whenever I said or thought “Icelanders” I never actually related that with the country. It’s purely a sound thing for me. Maybe I’m off-base.

Reactions: Cmox and BBKers

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
Reading the Islanders board for a team that will likely make the playoffs at the expense of ours and made the ECF last year we sure do live rent free in their fans' heads.
The Islanders are f***ed, f***ed, f***ed. Lamoriello set back the Devils franchise on his way out, did some bizarre things in Toronto and is now dropping a long, endless turd on the luckless Fish. Their roster is loaded with expensive 30+ players with a good chance the over the hill ex-Devils will get new contracts this summer and Lamoriello and Trotz will do absolutely anything to try and win now.

Problem is, they can grind out and win games through sheer boring anti-hockey for awhile, but that's a longshot against the other contenders vying for the Cup over a 7 game series. If they fail and Lamoriello finally f***s off, he'll have left the franchise both short on prospects and picks and in cap trouble.

Player big P

no more striptease no more flashes
Feb 4, 2010
Prague
Whenever I said or thought “Icelanders” I never actually related that with the country. It’s purely a sound thing for me. Maybe I’m off-base.
One of the many, many lessons I learned from the second Mighty Ducks movie is that "Iceland" is "Island" in Icelandic. Also Greenland is covered in ice, and Iceland is very nice.

61ykmgq3qvy21.jpg

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Gave up on that happening just like gave up on Gauthier playing again this year.
Had no doubt Kravy would be playing 4th line minutes and zero pp when he got here from Russia and as predicted have not been "disappointed"
Overall I am impressed that the kid has still played pretty well and put up a few points. I figured he would have a point or 2 max with the time and linemates he's been given

yup you knew Quinn would do it

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
If we can run the table we would finish with 70 points

Islanders have 7 games left, @NYR NYR @BUF @BUF NJ NJ BOS they can only win 3 of 5 against the other teams.
boston has 8 games, BUF BUF @NJ @NJ NYR NYR NYI @Was, so they can only win 4 of 6 against other teams
idk who has the tiebreaker

We hold the tie breaker against both Boston and the Islanders.

We have 23 regulation wins. Boston and the Islanders both have 21. To catch either team, we need to beat them twice in regulation, which guarantees that we will have more regulation wins. All we have to do is tie one of them on points and we're in.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
If we look like we did in the canes series last year in these next two games than it’s definitely a Quinn problem.

Look like means what exactly?

If they appear overwhelmed twice?

If that doesn't happen, it's definitely not a Quinn problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad