Injury Report: Ryan McDonagh (11/25: Practicing in full)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerBlues

Apr 27, 2004
BRONX NYC
Teams have been playing him physical and putting more pressure on him and he had not adjusted.
The Jets put a freight train loose on him last night.
I had just commented to my brother in law how they were playing him moments before the injury.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
The captaincy thing is stupid. I was against it but I don't think it has anything to do with his defensive play. I agree with the hypothesis he may have been knicked up in the lower body. That said I love how everyone proposes trades on here yet no one is ever right about them.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
He hasn't started skating again yet but it's not even 2 weeks (11 days I think).

Also regarding McDonagh's play...he started out last season similar to this as well, trying to be everywhere and do everything. When he finally settled down and played smarter and better controlled then he really took off. I feel like he is still learning his comfort zone at times and he really just can't be all over the place like he sometimes tries to be.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
So much for the Gomez trade!

A 1C would really help right now.
stepan.png

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
That poster is sarcastic in literally 95% of his posts. He's not being serious. He's only serious when discussing the evils of Hockey Streams and how subscribing to it will invariably lead to identity theft.

jskramer83

Nov 11, 2011
Girardi was just interviewed on Altitude and said McDonnagh is about a week or two away. Not really much help

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Good to see, has there been any speculation as to how far away he is?

On a side note- wish I could have the garden rink to myself for a quick skate around.

snyrangersblog says McD said 2 weeks away. Which means I miss him on my vacation in Tbay......boooo! MSL first game back should be interesting. Also seeing Cally, etc

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
The Rangers have managed okay without McDonagh. 3-3-3 isn't as ugly as it looks when you consider the only bad losses were the ones against Edmonton and Tampa. The St. Louis, Toronto, and Colorado games are wins with McDonagh IMO.

I'd rather McDonagh playing like ass than any other LHD option really. I think some time to watch the games could've done him some good. Also good that Girardi has looked very good without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad