Injury Report: Ryan McDonagh (11/25: Practicing in full)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PavelBure9

Jul 31, 2007
This is McIlraths and Allens chance. Right here.

This could be a disaster and we could be royally screwed for th next couple of weeks.

Or, the extremely rose colored way of looking at it is that they both play well and now we will have a plethora of NHL defenseman, although that is the best case scenario.

I honestly think we are going to be murdered in that Blues game now,

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I'm expecting McIlrath and Allen up. Not sure how long Klein is going to be out. Probably not that long. Moore with 4 more games. Boyle maybe a couple weeks away. I'm thinking Sather will see what a couple kids can do before he trades for anybody.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I'm not a doctor but I have seen really varying ranges to return from a sep shoulder.

It's not good. And the worst case is bad. But without knowing the severity its early to panic.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Allen has been good in Hartford so far, so he'd probably get first call-up over McIlrath. He can play both sides as well, just like Hunwick.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Allen has been good in Hartford so far, so he'd probably get first call-up over McIlrath. He can play both sides as well, just like Hunwick.

Allen would be the first call up ahead of McIlrath anyway just because he's more of a left side guy. McDonagh is definitely out. There's a left side hole. McIlrath isn't the guy to fill that hole. He's a right sider.

How bad Klein's injury--he might be back on monday. Then again if anything is cracked he might be out longer than McDonagh. But if it's just a bruised foot--he'll probably be back in two or three games.

The timing couldn't really be worse. 15 games in 29 days. Girardi is a warrior and can play a ton of minutes. Staal has been through that before too. There's not much offense there though. I'm figuring Boyle's at the least two weeks away. Moore--4 games away.

It is an opportunity for one or two of our prospects to show they're for real. Adversity can have some silver linings. The old cliche--what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad