Injury Report: Ryan McDonagh (11/25: Practicing in full)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
The Rangers have managed okay without McDonagh. 3-3-3 isn't as ugly as it looks when you consider the only bad losses were the ones against Edmonton and Tampa. The St. Louis, Toronto, and Colorado games are wins with McDonagh IMO.

I'd rather McDonagh playing like ass than any other LHD option really. I think some time to watch the games could've done him some good. Also good that Girardi has looked very good without him.

Good thing that McD looked like ass prior to his injury too.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
Whatever...

We should have just kept Gomez. We didn't need McD Sunday night vs the Canadiens, and they need him a lot more they we do, so let's do the honorable thing. Besides, we would finally have a 1C.

Nah don't forget forget all the pleasure Gabby gave us.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
No need to rush him back. Give him a little over a week. So much of his defensive game requires that shoulder. I don't care that he's not wearing a non
-contact jersey.

No need to play 26 mins a night either.

I would bench that sucker Glass and dress 7 D for the first week he's back. Nobody dresses 7 anymore because the top guys don't double shift. I think they should.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
No need to rush him back. Give him a little over a week. So much of his defensive game requires that shoulder. I don't care that he's not wearing a non
-contact jersey.

No need to play 26 mins a night either.

I would bench that sucker Glass and dress 7 D for the first week he's back. Nobody dresses 7 anymore because the top guys don't double shift. I think they should.

I'm definitely behind this, but Glass is stuck to that fourth line with krazy glue.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
I'm definitely behind this, but Glass is stuck to that fourth line with krazy glue.

It's not an indictment of Glass' play as much as it's basically prioritizing.

There are people who can compensate for what Glass brings (?) while McDonagh is eased back in.

If not Glass, then Fast. And double shift Nash for a week.

Every star used to double shift. Shifts are becoming like pitch counts. 2-3 min shifts used to be normal. Now if a guy is past 1:30 you see them wilt (except McDonagh of course).

I don't know. McDonagh is a prized possession. He better not be rushed back.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Mcdonagh says he didn't think he's good for tomorrow but he felt great. Maybe the B2B vs Philly. ?

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
If he's skating in full practice in regular jersey you'd think this weekend is very possible.

Only thing is he won't get another full practice in till after the tampa game Monday.

Game tomorrow off thurs game Friday afternoon game saturday prob off again Sunday after the back to backs then game Monday.

No practices in that span.

Before today I expected him to miss these next 4 games and probably return for that game dec 6th vs detroit

So will be interesting. Would love to get him back for the 3 in 4 this weekend. Big games there

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Vigneault says McDonagh won't play tomorrow but will sometime in next 7 days. Said McDonagh was "our best player on the ice today" #NYR

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
He's our best player period

People forgetting that

Even with rough start to year he's our best player

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

People forgetting that

I believe Lundqvist to be the best goalie in the game today (which is, IMO, also the most important position).

McDonagh is our best skater though.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Agreed on Lundqvist but player/skater its McDonagh and Id argue a Norris type Dman is just as valuable as a vezina type goaltender

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA

People forgetting that

he's our best player based on last years play. not based on this years play. id argue he wasnt even our best defenseman when he played... that distinction, to me, would go to Klein.

But, I agree, if you get McD from last year, youre getting a Norris caliber defenseman.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY

People forgetting that

Stemp and Nash propped this team up in the first 6-8 games. McD when healthy and on his game is undoubtedly 1 of the 2 best players on the team, but in his limited play this season I don't think he was one of the Rangers' best players. Him and Lundqvist are the only 2 on the team I never worry about returning to form, it always feels like a given with them. He'll be back to his usual self in no time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad