Injury Report: Ryan McDonagh (11/25: Practicing in full)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Was Callahan's shoulder injury from the fight in 2013 a dislocation or separation? Asking because he didn't require surgery but it seemed like he wasn't the same player the rest of the year. I remember reading they had to pop his shoulder back in multiple times during the year before he finally got surgery after the season.

Capitain Midnight

Trust me, I'm a doc
Mar 20, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
Visit site
I'm not a doctor but I have seen really varying ranges to return from a sep shoulder.

It's not good. And the worst case is bad. But without knowing the severity its early to panic.

As a sports medicine doctor, it really depends on how much loss of motion he has and if the ligaments are torn. He wil likely get an MRI on the shoulder and we won't know until this is done. He is likely out for a couple weeks if he did seperate it. He will need a SAWA brace to play in the short term if no surgery.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Gainey.png

My work is almost complete...

SupersonicMonkey*

We need two defensemen, not one. So unless Slats pulls deals for two, both Allen and McIlrath should be called up ASAP.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
We need two defensemen, not one. So unless Slats pulls deals for two, both Allen and McIlrath should be called up ASAP.

It's not that easy. Moore counts against the roster limit and thus right now we could only call up one player until McD and/or Klein are placed on IR. But obviously they'll be evaluated first.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I'm guessing a month for Mcd :/... klein SHOULD be DTD unless they find something broken

theFiGS

Oct 13, 2013
If he sticks then who is out on the right side? Klein? Or r we going to put the rookie on his off side and take out Moore?

Honestly, I don't actually see him sticking unless Boyle or Klein (when healthy) can play the left side.
McDonagh Girardi
Staal Klein
Boyle Mcilrath ?

I have no idea... But I don't see Mcilrath or Allen sticking unless Kleins injury is long term and we trade Moore for a draft pick or staal for the big over the hump top 6 guy we've been looking for. Not much room on defense right now

clmetsfan

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2007
It's not that easy. Moore counts against the roster limit and thus right now we could only call up one player until McD and/or Klein are placed on IR. But obviously they'll be evaluated first.

Well I'd say it's a lock that Mac will be placed on IR even in a best case scenario, so that's really not much of an issue.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Was Callahan's shoulder injury from the fight in 2013 a dislocation or separation? Asking because he didn't require surgery but it seemed like he wasn't the same player the rest of the year. I remember reading they had to pop his shoulder back in multiple times during the year before he finally got surgery after the season.

iirc it was "subluxed."

AHB*

Pat Leonard ‏@PLeonardNYDN 33s34 seconds ago
Vigneault says 3-4 weeks for McDonagh. That's their hope for now. And not sure yet on Klein's timetable. Still some swelling

Better then 6 months

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
I had a grade 3 shoulder separation last april in playoffs, didn't get surgery. 5 months later it still bothers me. Been playing college hockey and it can withstand a physical game but still bothers me after every game. Long term I'd suggest McD to get surgery. Fix it now before he completely deteriorates it

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I had a grade 3 shoulder separation last april in playoffs, didn't get surgery. 5 months later it still bothers me. Been playing college hockey and it can withstand a physical game but still bothers me after every game. Long term I'd suggest McD to get surgery. Fix it now before he completely deteriorates it
I definitely hear what you're saying, but 3-4 weeks doesn't sound like grade 3...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad