Injury Report: Ryan McDonagh (11/25: Practicing in full)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHB*

I had a grade 3 shoulder separation last april in playoffs, didn't get surgery. 5 months later it still bothers me. Been playing college hockey and it can withstand a physical game but still bothers me after every game. Long term I'd suggest McD to get surgery. Fix it now before he completely deteriorates it

I'm no Dr. but if McD had a grade 3 he would probably be out for more then 3-4 weeks.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
If it lingers throughout the year, so be it. Better than surgery.

Surgery in the offseason if its needed. Obviously just have to hope he doesn't injure it more seriously by playing.

AHB*

Besr news they could of hoped for. Hoping Klein can okay tomorrow and they only need a ld call up for Malones roster spot

Klein is confirmed out tomorrow by AV. They are working out the cap issues due to bonuses, but Allen and McIlrath look to be the ones called up tomm.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Klein is confirmed out tomorrow by AV. They are working out the cap issues due to bonuses, but Allen and McIlrath look to be the ones called up tomm.

fun. Ah well this crap happens. Klein shouldn't be out long I hope anyway.

I'm for a Sekera whether it be now or by the deadline just for a better option than J.Moore who I think will be on the outs next yr anyway

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Sekera is a heck of a player IMO

But where does he fit when we are healthy?

I'm not sure that's a move we really need to make. Mac's injury is a month

Klein's foot isn't broken

Moore has 4 games

Boyle is about 2 weeks off

And Hunwick has been playing well

I wouldn't put the assets into sekera

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Glad McDonagh isn't out long term, needless to say. Would still love a move for Sekera.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012

Moore has 4 games

Sekera > Moore, Hunwick, Klein

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia

Moore has 4 games

im thinking more playoff time. I agree they can wait this out. heck Hunwick and Kostka did fine vs. the Jets but that's the Jets

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
One of these days we will get the bad luck with an injury.

Amazing how lucky the team has been, overall, for like 10 years injury wise.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Sekera > Moore, Hunwick, Klein

Obviously but we have a top 4 already they are just going thru some injuries

Having that cap hit on your third pair when we really need center help come playoff time is more important IMO

I don't think we make a move for a dman.

AHB*

Having that cap hit on your third pair when we really need center help come playoff time is more important IMO

That cap hit? His cap hit is one of the best in the NHL. He's a top 4 D. That would give us by far the best D-Core in the NHL, when healthy.

We can find room to fit him.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI

His caphit is 2.75, it wouldn't be a problem.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
One of these days we will get the bad luck with an injury.

Amazing how lucky the team has been, overall, for like 10 years injury wise.

That comes after years of awful luck like Cherneski's knee, Kloucek's knee and concussions, Blackburn's nerve damage, Jessiman's ankle. And let's not forget the death of Cherepanov and suicide of Lyashenko. Not to mention Prucha being ineffective after practically three seasons.

And if you wanna go back further players like Johnstone, Allison, Beck, and even Erixon that just broke down.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
McD-G
Staal-Boyle
Sekera-Klein

Thats a hell of a defense. Has Sekera ever played RD?

that's ****ing awesome....

what would it take to get Sekera?

I'm gunna say Moore, Kristo and/or Lindberg, and a 3rd/4th round pick? Hurricanes want rebuilding parts. THere you go

I'm glad Klein isn't going anywhere

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
that's ****ing awesome....

what would it take to get Sekera?

I'm gunna say Moore, Kristo and/or Lindberg, and a 3rd/4th round pick? Hurricanes want rebuilding parts. THere you go

I'm glad Klein isn't going anywhere

Those are rebuilding parts? Yikes .
Klein has been our best defenseman this year so no way he's going anywhere

SupersonicMonkey*

If you can add a player like Sekera, you do it. You don't not do it because we already have players x and y. Thats not how to build a winner.

When you can add the best possible players, you do it.

Evenly distribute minutes. Let wave after wave of quality players go at the opposition. Thats how you win.

Having Sekera added to this defense corp makes us have arguably the top defense corp in the NHL. Add Lundqvist and you are talking about potentially the top defensive unit the Rangers have ever had period.

At the deadline add Vermette. And now your center depth and team defense is outstanding.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
If we acquire Vermette and Sekera I would be amazed

Kreider-Stepan-Duclair
Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
Hagelin-Vermette/Hayes-MSL
Glass-Moore-Stempniak

McD-Girardi
Staal-Boyle
Sekera-Klein

Hank
Cam

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I don't think Vermette is a necessity. Brassard Hayes and Moore have played well this year.

AHB*

I don't think Vermette is a necessity. Brassard Hayes and Moore have played well this year.

Moore has been pretty bad. Adding Vermette would give us options similar to last year where we had Boyle as an extra C playing wing.

We could ice something like this, when healthy, which would be major depth, probably better then last year.

Kreider-Stepan-MSL
Nash-Brass-Zucc
Duke-Vermette-Stempniak
Hags-Moore-Hayes/Glass

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
If you can add a player like Sekera, you do it. You don't not do it because we already have players x and y. Thats not how to build a winner.

When you can add the best possible players, you do it.

Evenly distribute minutes. Let wave after wave of quality players go at the opposition. Thats how you win.

Having Sekera added to this defense corp makes us have arguably the top defense corp in the NHL. Add Lundqvist and you are talking about potentially the top defensive unit the Rangers have ever had period.

At the deadline add Vermette. And now your center depth and team defense is outstanding.

Yeah. Adding both Sekera and Vermette is actually a possibility strictly capwise. And it could also likely he done without losing any Key roster players. But would cost a bit of The prospect park and some picks. We would have to have Carolina swallow some salary if that deal for a D to solve our issues now as that went down early, Vermette would otoh be a deadline deal. Could be a lot of bidders then though, UFA Crop looks meager

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol

Not a necessity, but if we're making a run for the cup again Vermette would look a lot better than Hayes. I was really happy when we signed him but I didn't think he was ready. I have been thoroughly impressed by Hayes and I like him a lot, I just think Vermette is a better option in a SCF situation if we make it there again.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Moore has been pretty bad. Adding Vermette would give us options similar to last year where we had Boyle as an extra C playing wing.

We could ice something like this, when healthy, which would be major depth, probably better then last year.

Kreider-Stepan-MSL
Nash-Brass-Zucc
Duke-Vermette-Stempniak
Hags-Moore-Hayes/Glass

I don't think its fair to blame Moore, he's playing in over his head. He can pinch to 3C, but to ask him to play there long term is a bit much. The guy is one of the best 4th liners in the league and once he develops some chemistry with his line mates I think we'll see the Moore we saw last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad