Player Discussion Ryan Lindgren

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Going to shamelessly bump this thread. Are y’all kidding me? The fact that his thread was buried on the second page is crazy. Fox may well be the most underrated defenseman in the league right now. But Lindgren is the most underrated player on his team and that includes the entire fan base.

The kid is an absolute rock. Since Trouba has gone out, he is constantly out there against the oppositions top player and is thriving. Respects the game but during game time is smart enough not to show too much respect to his opponents. Right out of the gate levels Pasta and sets the tone for the team for the rest of the game.

I believe that not only is he becoming an invaluable member of the core, you are talking about being a corner chair in the locker room.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
Going to shamelessly bump this thread. Are y’all kidding me? The fact that his thread was buried on the second page is crazy. Fox may well be the most underrated defenseman in the league right now. But Lindgren is the most underrated player on his team and that includes the entire fan base.

The kid is an absolute rock. Since Trouba has gone out, he is constantly out there against the oppositions top player and is thriving. Respects the game but during game time is smart enough not to show too much respect to his opponents. Right out of the gate levels Pasta and sets the tone for the team for the rest of the game.

I believe that not only is he becoming an invaluable member of the core, you are talking about being a corner chair in the locker room.
He is tough as nails. He leaves it all out there almost every game. Should be the guy that wins the Player's Player award this year.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
He is tough as nails. He leaves it all out there almost every game. Should be the guy that wins the Player's Player award this year.
He’s a player you win with. The one that by the time the Cup finals end, has two shiners, a missing tooth and a beard that is down to his knees. And the one who lays out the opponent’s star player in the first 30 seconds of Game 7.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crease

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
So again it falls to me. Yet another excellent game from Lindgren and he gets no props from even Sam or Joe.

He actually may have one of the better shots from the point, as the current defenses are constituted. He’s using it more and is now beginning to get PP time.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
So again it falls to me. Yet another excellent game from Lindgren and he gets no props from even Sam or Joe.

He actually may have one of the better shots from the point, as the current defenses are constituted. He’s using it more and is now beginning to get PP time.

Stay at home Dmen are underpaid and underappreciated.

Best defensive defenseman should honestly be a secondary NHL award.

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
Stay at home Dmen are underpaid and underappreciated.

Best defensive defenseman should honestly be a secondary NHL award.

I remember there being pushes for an Eddie Shore or Rod Langway award a while back, I guess nothing came of it?

Reactions: leetch99

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I think the two biggest differences are that Lindgren moves better, and he's more assertive with the physical play. Otherwise it's similar.
Agreed. Also a bit more chippy - I feel like he’s eager to assert himself into any yapping or scrum while he’s on the ice.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
It’s so underrated to have him as Fox’s partner. This allows Fox to take real offensive chances like he did last night and not have to worry that there isn’t someone there to back him up.
It is a modern day Beukeboom to Leetch, not that I am suggesting Fox is on that level but the dynamic of styles complimenting each other in the modern game is there.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
It is a modern day Beukeboom to Leetch, not that I am suggesting Fox is on that level but the dynamic of styles complimenting each other in the modern game is there.
Completely agree.

Will go further and say that as All-Star teams are meant to win All Star games, were I running Team USA for the Olympics, I would lift the entire duo for the team and let them play together.

Reactions: bleedblue94

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad