Player Discussion Ryan Lindgren

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
MacD, Miller, Nash and Grabner for KAM, Lindgren, Lundkvist and Strome feels pretty good now.

Lots of people upset about the McD return, but the pick became Miller or Lundkvist, did it not? It was a good fire sale. We also got lucky with Fox, Trouba, Kakko, and Lafreniere.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Nash retired soon after and Grabner is cooked, but McD and Miller are still borderline elite players today. So its not a homerun but we ended up getting good value especially for our pipeline and future D.

McD is one thing, but no one could foresee Miller taking that next step and he didn't with an absolutely stacked Lightning team. Some light went on for him that no one anticipated.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I feel like Lindgren is who everyone thought Girardi was.
A little different. Girardi was undrafted. Many thought he didn’t have the talent to make it in the league, but he was solid in every league he was in. Lindgren had the skill and it was noticed, the question was could he play like he did in college against men in the NHL. They didn’t think his size and skill would translate. But Lindgren was definitely noticed for being a good defenseman. That’s why he was selected for team USA at juniors. What both have in common is that when they got their chance they seized it and overcame the odds. Lindgren handles the puck much better then Girardi ever did. He is also a better skater, and this coming from a guy who loved Danny G. I think they both play with the same amount of heart and guts in their game. 2 guys you need to have if you want to go deep in playoff hockey. The best part is lindgren isn’t going to break the bank on his next deal, and if Robertson pans out as many think he will, you can slide lindgren down to the third pairing and Pk duties to ease the wear and tear on his body. Hopefully he would have a longer career and would dominate the lesser competition. He has demonstrated he can play well with anyone. Girardi was a bigger guy in general, and he wore down a lot from the abuse as well. I’ll go a step further and say this guy should have a letter on his chest as well. He is like the defensive version of Fast, not flashy, just makes all the right plays and leaves it all out on the ice every time he plays. A great trade by Gorton here.

Last edited:

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
The only thing left to discuss about this guy is whether he is going for a mennonite or amish look.

Reactions: Nickmo82

Kendo

Jun 16, 2006
The Hamburger Train.
He's like a quicker developing Kevin Klein. Lindgren's D+4 season is very comparable to Klein's D+6.

Klein's production took a little dip at 29, he caught a second wind with us for a couple years, and then was cooked at 33/34.

If Lindy's body can keep up with his style of play and he can play for 10 more seasons, we'll be blessed. He's already at his floor, even if his ceiling going forward is somewhat limited.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
he traded for picks. not the players taken with those picks. holy jumpin

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Not sure what he was doing on the goal though. But honestly, Fox-Lindgren is as a solid a pairing as any we've had since I've been watching (00-01).

Mugless

Aug 26, 2004
Beric1.jpg

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
McD is one thing, but no one could foresee Miller taking that next step and he didn't with an absolutely stacked Lightning team. Some light went on for him that no one anticipated.

Actually I always saw Miller's potential. Guy had size, speed, and quick hands. He had moments of vision where he made a play or pass and I thought to myself, wow how did he see that? The issue was his consistency/motivation. I always thought if he could overcome that he would become the player he is now. I was very upset when we traded him because I thought he had the most potential for improvement from the group of players that we had traded in the fire sale.

Not sure why so many on these boards were so down on him.

Though there's an argument to be made that Miller wouldn't have found that motivation if he had not been traded twice, creating a wake up call. So there's that.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
A modern day warrior mean, mean stride.....
Between the excitement over Fox and Miller, the removal of ADA and the hatred for Trouba and Smith, I really feel like Lindgren has flown under the radar and has not gotten his due for how good he's been and the little things he's done allows Fox to be Fox. He's almost take for granted.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Between the excitement over Fox and Miller, the removal of ADA and the hatred for Trouba and Smith, I really feel like Lindgren has flown under the radar and has not gotten his due for how good he's been and the little things he's done allows Fox to be Fox. He's almost take for granted.
Could not agree more. Whereas Fox may be the most underrated defense man in the league, Lindgren may be the most underrated on this team. Flies completely under the radar. It’s almost like most of the fanbase forgets he’s there.

The kid has done (both by himself and with dare I say proper coaching) to take himself from a middling prospect to “ok, he can man the third pair” to someone that today you can already throw out against the opposition’s top players. Easy top-4 option. Easy.

You win with players like this.

Reactions: Unusual Suspect

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
Lindgren might be the most undervalued player on the team to be honest with you. You don't hear his name called too often, which is a beautiful thing when he is playing 20+ a game paired with Fox. Talk about an ideal pairing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad