Player Discussion Ryan Lindgren

Mugless

Aug 26, 2004
sword-sloan-928x523.jpg

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
Lindgren’s stick work in front of the net broke up two odd-man-rushes in the first period tonight against Pittsburgh, on top of some crisp outlet passes and solid board-play behind the net. Very impressive start to the season for the three youngest Rangers defensemen.
Lindgren may be third-chair (per media coverage)* behind Miller and Fox, but he has been a very steady defensive presence so far this season.

Last edited:

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
He will stick around, no question. He is a model defenseman for a 7 game series where teams just ground and pound and target certain players. There are defenseman on the team now who can’t weather those storms too well. Lindgren, however, can and thrives in that type of environment.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
He will stick around, no question. He is a model defenseman for a 7 game series where teams just ground and pound and target certain players. There are defenseman on the team now who can’t weather those storms too well. Lindgren, however, can and thrives in that type of environment.
Absolutely. You NEED this kind of guy in the playoffs. It's good he doesn't put up a ton of points so he will never get a pricy contract and we can hopefully sign him long term for relatively cheap.

Reactions: ericmgomes

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
More then that. He’s the player that coaches put struggling players with to help them find their way.
He's the player that coaches are supposed to put struggling players with to help them find their way. Lindgren-ADA is far from Quinn's mind and ADA desperately needs help finding his way.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I like Lindgren a lot. a very solid and steadying presence

he's gonna be out of the league at 30 though lol. the amount of punishment he takes and gives every night is impressive.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
How could the Buins allow him to being a part of that deal? I mean, does anyone KNOW if we "insisted" on him or NO DEAL?

Didnt the Bruins KNOW, what Lindgren's possibilities were? One would have to say yes they knew, but you have to give to get. Just dont understand WHY they did. Chara getting older, McAvoy could have used a partner like Lindgren. Oh well, tough noogies, tough toenails.

Headlines in the Boston Globe probaby read;
"Spooner, Beleskey and Lindgren......."the Departed""

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
How could the Buins allow him to being a part of that deal? I mean, does anyone KNOW if we "insisted" on him or NO DEAL?

Didnt the Bruins KNOW, what Lindgren's possibilities were? One would have to say yes they knew, but you have to give to get. Just dont understand WHY they did. Chara getting older, McAvoy could have used a partner like Lindgren. Oh well, tough noogies, tough toenails.

I could be remembering wrong but I think he had a camp prior to the trade that Boston wasn’t happy with. Pretty dumb to have too high expectations on a college kid at NHL camp not long after he’s drafted in the second round, but it worked out for us.

Also as a team going for it, adding Nash and losing a bad contract in Beleskey was probably pretty attractive.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here

And he will come cheap

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009

they clearly should have known since obviously he hasn't gotten better or developed here under DQ

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

No one here thought he's be much more than average bottom pair D-man. There was much more excitement over Hajek I felt like.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I could be remembering wrong but I think he had a camp prior to the trade that Boston wasn’t happy with. Pretty dumb to have too high expectations on a college kid at NHL camp not long after he’s drafted in the second round, but it worked out for us.

Also as a team going for it, adding Nash and losing a bad contract in Beleskey was probably pretty attractive.

Gorton's best trade other than Mika (assuming Mika doesn't continue his garbage play).

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I think defensive defensemen that play his game are kinda hard to predict. It's easier to extrapolate points and such but evaluating the transition from college play to the NHL for a physical defensive guy is probably not as precise.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
If we're gonna get on Gorton for 'losing' the Mac-Miller trade....

he eventually turned Rick Nash and Grabner into, KAM, Lindgren and Strome.

Lindgren should be here for a while.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
they clearly should have known since obviously he hasn't gotten better or developed here under DQ
Pretty sure that was a shot at DQ, pretty sure he deserves it but there have been some players that have developed nicely, Lindgren being one of them.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
No one here thought he's be much more than average bottom pair D-man. There was much more excitement over Hajek I felt like.
I don't think "no one" is a fact, but I think at the time we were so starved for prospects, and Lindgren being one of them. no doubt Hayek was talked about quite a bit more. I guess the joke's on us. Lol.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008

They said that he had no offense to his game and was passed by 2-3 guys on the depth chart. They were worried about his size and mobility. Little did they know Dolph Lindgren plays big and after his year in the A with us really worked on his skating. His hard work payed off, and when he was given a spot in the line up he put a stranglehold on it and wouldn’t let go. The rest is history.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
They said that he had no offense to his game and was passed by 2-3 guys on the depth chart. They were worried about his size and mobility. Little did they know Dolph Lindgren plays big and after his year in the A with us really worked on his skating. His hard work payed off, and when he was given a spot in the line up he put a stranglehold on it and wouldn’t let go. The rest is history.

I feel like Lindgren is who everyone thought Girardi was.

Reactions: Machinehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->