Player Discussion Ryan Dzingel (LW) 2021 Edition

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Wow, colour me surprised. Looking at the mechanism of injury (particularly with white) I would have guessed otherwise. Good news on both counts.

Bout time Sens got a luck break. Or lucky non break, if you will.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Both guys should be sitting for 2 weeks at least after that.
Heal up and return close to 100%
We have replacements. Gametime decision and daytoday is ridiculous.

Reactions: WaitingInVain

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Both guys should be sitting for 2 weeks at least after that.
Heal up and return close to 100%
We have replacements. Gametime decision and daytoday is ridiculous.
Presumably the medical staff that diagnosed the injuries might have some input and feel comfortable with day to day and game time decision.

Having them sit out longer really only seems reasonable if you think further damage could occur if they play, otherwise who cares?

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Sens only have 2 games this week upcoming.. So good time to heal up for Whitey at least ; without missing too much and have Anisimov take his spot again

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
Presumably the medical staff that diagnosed the injuries might have some input and feel comfortable with day to day and game time decision.

Having them sit out longer really only seems reasonable if you think further damage could occur if they play, otherwise who cares?
Yeah I get it..if there’s no risk of worsening the injury. But come on we all saw what happened. I hope they take some time off.
If by some miracle it’s just a bruise in both cases then ok. Seems doubtful though.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011

I sort of agree but we saw how playing injured went for White last year. It can lead to bad habits, bad thoughts and bad play.

To me it's a lost season so let's use this as an opportunity to get a look at some other prospects.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
They pay these guys millions of dollars and have a PA and a collective bargaining agreement.

There is zero doubt in my mind they will be OK to play by then time they hit the ice. We aren't in a playoff race where we need to rush anyone.

I have seen terrible, awkward falls in beer league and guys get up and play, we can't go by how it looked.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
Well he seemed to have pretty good speed. Guess it was nothing.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
It's hilarious how he already looks like a top 3 player skill wise on this team and we got him for Paquette.

Hes a positively changed player. Much more battle and compete hungry. Strength is much more noticeable on the ice.

May have lost a touch of his elite speed but overall a better player all around

Reactions: NB613

Laminator

May 25, 2014
I'd be down to keep Dzingel next year if he'll take something reasonable.
I completely agree unless we get something great in return at the deadline. I think we would be lucky to get a potential high 2nd round pick and to me he is worth more with this franchise. I could see him staying with his current and past success with the organization.

Reactions: ChurchOfAlfie

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I completely agree unless we get something great in return at the deadline. I think we would be lucky to get a potential high 2nd round pick and to me he is worth more with this franchise. I could see him staying with his current and past success with the organization.

With the quarantine issues splitting the league into 1/3 and 2/3, and a fair amount of competition persisting for playoff spots, I think the deadline is going to be a bust this year.

Last edited:

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
From the first game in Calgary where he walked in on a 2 on 1, saw that White was too far behind him, and then buried the puck, it was clear that he looked comfortable out there again. I'd like to see him stick around if he takes a short term deal rather than trading him.

Reactions: Tremblay31

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
With the quarantine issues splitting the league into 1/3 and 2/3, and a fair amount of competition persisting for playoff spots, I think the deadline is going to be a bust this year.

I could see the opposite happen. If we're the only team in the division that is selling, there will be a bidding war for our rental players. And since teams will be fighting for playoff spots, they can't afford to wait the 2 week quarantine period to bring someone in from another division.

Reactions: NyQuil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad