Player Discussion Ryan Dzingel (LW) 2021 Edition

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
3 million or less for 2-3 years and keeping dzingel is fine. Mainly because I want to see dzingel and formenton on a line for the entire year. If he wants more than that then send out packing. He might be the most realistic mid level forward available on the market. No other Canadian team has a player of his level available. If we trade him to a Canadian team there will be a reduced quarantine. If we trade him to an american team there will be a reduced quarantine. Plus based off his current contract and players rumored to be available he has a nice bang for buck valuation with rakell, granlund, ryan and eric staal around him. Even if you put him at #5 gives a high probability for a good return.

Reactions: NB613

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Dzingel also plays well. Not sure why people are hopping on his shooting %. He’s also a good player in other facets of the game.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Having both Dzingel and Formenton would bring some speed that'd be welcome...just gotta remember it'll make all the detrimentally slow guys like Gudbranson look worse

Reactions: NB613 and Cosmix

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Having both Dzingel and Formenton would bring some speed that'd be welcome...just gotta remember it'll make all the detrimentally slow guys like Gudbranson look worse

I think it will make the slow guys on other teams stand out, it’s not going to make anyone on our team look worse.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
The good thing is we know that they were all low ball fake offers that had zero chance of being accepted remember?

The good news is that we don’t have to have it both ways, we can just be happy with the subterfuge now :)

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Shush there matey, Mr. D may be listening.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
He’s very weak. Noticeable lately.
Doesn’t look so fast either.
Still useful on this roster as it is.

Reactions: aragorn

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Anyone heard anything about a possible extension or he's walking July 1st?

I think he's quickly being passed on the depth chart. I love Dzingel, but starting to question whether he'll be back. If he is I wouldnt expect longer than a 1 year deal.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I don’t see a lot of great. He’s a light scoring only option that doesn’t do much else. Playing 4th line for 8-10 G a season isn’t all that valuable unless your top 6 is weak and he offers some injury protection. It feels like we may have some prospects close to offering that.

Last edited:

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
I think he's quickly being passed on the depth chart. I love Dzingel, but starting to question whether he'll be back. If he is I wouldnt expect longer than a 1 year deal.
I would appreciate 1 year an maybe move Stützle to 1C, help the depth chart on the left side

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think Ottawa is starting to accumulate too much depth & he is no longer needed unless they go with a taxi squad again next season, but I doubt he wants to be a bench player. I like his speed & tenacity on the forecheck & he does chip in offensively occasionally, but I don't see room for him next yr on the roster. Even if Seattle takes Tierny, he would be replaced by a centre likely Bishop or Amadio IMO. I would even consider moving Paul to the middle & trying Sokolov or Jarventie on the left side on the 4th line at some point next season, just to see.

Tkachuk - Norris - Dadonov
Stutzle - Pinto - Batherson
Formenton - White - C. Brown
Paul - Tierny - Watson

Last edited:

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
I would appreciate 1 year an maybe move Stützle to 1C, help the depth chart on the left side

I honestly wouldn't mind either way, as long as if he was brought back it wasn't for more than a year.

I could be talked into him staying or leaving. Either way I'll be fine with the choice.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I don’t buy the smiles and pleasantries about coming back to Ottawa. He’s trying to resuscitate and carve out another few million from a league that may not give it to him.

I don’t see him taking “an identical value” offer to stay in Ottawa for any Sentimental reasons or belief that he can score 20G here.

H2O

Sep 18, 2005
I hope we pass on him but one year would be fine I guess. Given how he’s looked over the last few weeks, I rather we make room for a rookie.

Reactions: DrEasy

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I hope we pass on him but one year would be fine I guess. Given how he’s looked over the last few weeks, I rather we make room for a rookie.

He is playing like a comfortable vet with lots of zeros in his bank account. Give his ice time to a rookie willing to grind out his first real contract ... or a Watson type sub $2 million. I’d prefer that style of 5-8 goals plus some PK/forechecking skills.

Reactions: H2O

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad