Player Discussion Ryan Dzingel (LW) 2021 Edition

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I could see the opposite happen. If we're the only team in the division that is selling, there will be a bidding war for our rental players. And since teams will be fighting for playoff spots, they can't afford to wait the 2 week quarantine period to bring someone in from another division.
We have no one to start a bidding war. Nobody is going to be overpaying for Rielly or Gudbranson, unless that overpayment is a 4th/5th. Zinger fits into that category after seeing him healthied on 2 playoff rosters

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I could see the opposite happen. If we're the only team in the division that is selling, there will be a bidding war for our rental players. And since teams will be fighting for playoff spots, they can't afford to wait the 2 week quarantine period to bring someone in from another division.

Not sure what we have that people want. ;)

A guy like Dzingel who apparently actually wants to play here holds a lot more value to us.

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
I'd like to see him re-signed. This team is short on skill, and he's played the best hockey of his career in this city. I think it would be in both parties' best interest to work on a contract.

Reactions: Cosmix

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
He's back to playing the best hockey of his career again here in Ottawa. He's playing like he never left. I wonder if he'd be willing to take a bit of a paycut to stay here in Ottawa? It seems like he's a good fit here.

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
He's back to playing the best hockey of his career again here in Ottawa. He's playing like he never left. I wonder if he'd be willing to take a bit of a paycut to stay here in Ottawa? It seems like he's a good fit here.

I can't see him commanding much on the open market. He was at $3.375, and was a healthy scratch at time. Doesn't seem unreasonable to think that a 2 x $2.5 deal is possible.

Reactions: DJB

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
I've been really pleased with his production since he came back but if we re-sign him to anything with term doesn't he just block Formenton, who should be called up at some point?

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I've been really pleased with his production since he came back but if we re-sign him to anything with term doesn't he just block Formenton, who should be called up at some point?

He can play either wing, but yeah unless Stutzle moves to the middle or we trade a winger, there's not going to be room for him and Formenton when everyone is healthy.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Don't think Dzingel will re-sign here though. Didn't he turn down a big contract offer because his partner didn't want to live in Ottawa?

Should trade him at the deadline for whatever we can get.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Don't think Dzingel will re-sign here though. Didn't he turn down a big contract offer because his partner didn't want to live in Ottawa?

Maybe realized that the grass isnt always greener on the other side. He's tested out the waters and lacked success. Wouldn't be surprised if he signed a 2 year deal or something along those lines. Much less money than the last contract he was offered by us though.

Reactions: NB613

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Maybe realized that the grass isnt always greener on the other side. He's tested out the waters and lacked success. Wouldn't be surprised if he signed a 2 year deal or something along those lines. Much less money than the last contract he was offered by us though.

I'd be fine offering him a 1-2YR deal if it's in the 1-2M range. Nothing more than that though.

If teams out there are willing to offer a late 1st for Paul like Tampa did for Coleman and Goodrow last year because of his super low cap hit for this year and next year, we should take it and try to sign Dzingel or someone else as his replacement as the 3rd line LW.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I'd be fine offering him a 1-2YR deal if it's in the 1-2M range. Nothing more than that though.

If teams out there are willing to offer a late 1st for Paul like Tampa did for Coleman and Goodrow last year because of his super low cap hit for this year and next year, we should take it and try to sign Dzingel or someone else as his replacement as the 3rd line LW.

Tierney got 2x3.5 he's a C but .. I'd rather have Dzingel 1-2 is probably too low 2-3 is probably more in line

Reactions: NB613 and Crosside

operasen

Apr 27, 2004

Certainly a consideration. I'd hope they could come to an agreement but if they can not then Dzingel is probably okay with it, knowing he is free afterwards.

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
Anyone notice how much he’s talked about having opportunity? Said it last week post-game and he said it yesterday during intermission how all Bishop and himself needed was an opportunity to play. Then post-game he said opportunity is a cool thing when referring to Gustavsson playing well. Methinks he really didn’t like his time in Carolina.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Anyone notice how much he’s talked about having opportunity? Said it last week post-game and he said it yesterday during intermission how all Bishop and himself needed was an opportunity to play. Then post-game he said opportunity is a cool thing when referring to Gustavsson playing well. Methinks he really didn’t like his time in Carolina.
He never liked it in Columbus either, 2 playoff teams where playing time needed to be earned

He'll be resigning here, little competition and good fit

Last edited:

R2010

May 23, 2011
He never liked it in Columbus either, 2 playoff teams where playing time needed to be earned

He'll be resigning here, little competition and good fit

I'm happy with that if that comes to be. Very rare that we actually sign serviceable bottom 6 Fs. I have always liked Dzingel.

Reactions: Cosmix

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Have you seen her? Id probably move cities at her request as well.
But she also works for fox sports I think so could have factored i.

Reactions: branch

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

I like Dzingle's speed. Formenton's too. Having more speedsters on the team will improve puck possession. Ditch the slow guys and make room for the fast players.

Reactions: NB613

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
He is shooting at 25% and has no assist if he were at his normal shooting percentage he would have 2 or 3 goals, I don't think anything over 1 year is a good plan.

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad