Player Discussion Ryan Dzingel (LW) 2021 Edition

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
GARRIOCH: Ryan Dzingel is happy to have a second chance as a Senator | Ottawa Sun

He's anxious to get going again, though he'll first have to serve out a 14-day quarantine after being acquired from the Hurricanes.

Dzingel had just two goals and two assists for four points in 11 games with Carolina, but he has good speed and, with the right linemates, might be able to help the Senators.

“I’m still pretty close with (defenceman Thomas) Chabot, (centre Chris) Tierney, some other guys as well and the training staff. I can’t wait to get back. It’s going to be fun,” Dzingel said. “Getting traded that first time, it’s tough to go to a new place and not know how things run, where to go, where to be and not stepping on anyone’s toes.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
If we can also get Duclair back would be so amazing and refreshing!

It would be a thrill to see Dzingle, Duclair, Formenton and Stutzle flying up and down the ice with speed

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
If we can also get Duclair back would be so amazing and refreshing!

It would be a thrill to see Dzingle, Duclair, Formenton and Stutzle flying up and down the ice with speed
Guess who these 2 stats lines are
341 GP 62 G. 89 A.
365 GP. 80 G. 89A

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Any idea where he slots into our line up? On the 4th line with Anisimov and Watson?

Hope not... (also I think he bumps Anisimov out of the lineup)

He played RW at times in the past, so lots of options

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Paul-White-Dadonov
Stützle-Tierney-Dzingel
Watson-Stepan-Brown

Matsens15

Dec 1, 2009
Ottawa

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Paul-White-Dadonov
Stützle-Tierney-Dzingel
Watson-Stepan-Brown

There is no way DJ put Connor Brown on the 4th line..

Reactions: bert

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Best case scenario what do you think dzingel could bring us at the deadline?

I'm also okay with keeping him if he'll take a reasonable deal.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Paul-White-Dadonov
Stützle-Tierney-Dzingel
Watson-Stepan-Brown
I don't think DJ breaks up the Tkachuk - Tierney - C. Brown line.

If we keep that line, as well as the Big Dick White Daddy line, together, what's left?

Paul - White - Dadonov
Tkachuk - Tierney - C. Brown
Stutzle - Stepan - Batherson
Dzingel - Norris - Watson <- not a traditional 4th line; all 4 lines might get fairly equal ice time

Some lines of course might get jumbled based on match ups and O-Zone vs D-Zone deployments, but that's how I see things at least at the beginning.

Reactions: Sensmileletsgo

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Tkachuk - Norris - Brown
Paul - White - Daddy
Stutzle - Tierney - Batherson
Dzingel - Stepan - Watson

Dzingel also fills in for Brown or Paul after PK.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
GARRIOCH: Ryan Dzingel is happy to have a second chance as a Senator | Ottawa Sun

He's anxious to get going again, though he'll first have to serve out a 14-day quarantine after being acquired from the Hurricanes.

Dzingel had just two goals and two assists for four points in 11 games with Carolina, but he has good speed and, with the right linemates, might be able to help the Senators.

“I’m still pretty close with (defenceman Thomas) Chabot, (centre Chris) Tierney, some other guys as well and the training staff. I can’t wait to get back. It’s going to be fun,” Dzingel said. “Getting traded that first time, it’s tough to go to a new place and not know how things run, where to go, where to be and not stepping on anyone’s toes.
At least Garrioch got through this article without throwing more shade at Dzingel. Baby steps.

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
I don't really know where Dzingel is going to sub into our lineup.

We have two solid lines right now:

Paul-White-Dadonov
Tkachuk-Tierney-Brown

We don't want to change those. So what does that leave us with? I feel when Dzingel shows up, we are going to try Stutzle at centre.

Dzingel-Stutzle-Batherson

But what do we do with Norris then? I said earlier that we don't want to change our top two lines, but I think Norris steals that top spot over the progression of the season, and hopefully, by then we've also traded Stepan, leaving us:

Paul-White-Dadonov
Tkachuk-Norris-Brown
???-Tierney-Watson

I guess that's Anisimov's spot (for now), and Formenton "earns" that spot later in this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Icelevel

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
I don't really know where Dzingel is going to sub into our lineup.

We have two solid lines right now:

Paul-White-Dadonov
Tkachuk-Tierney-Brown

We don't want to change those. So what does that leave us with? I feel when Dzingel shows up, we are going to try Stutzle at centre.

But what do we do with Norris then? I said earlier that we don't want to change our top two lines, but I think Norris steals that top spot over the progression of the season, and hopefully, by then we've also traded Stepan, leaving us:

Paul-White-Dadonov
Tkachuk-Norris-Brown
???-Tierney-Watson

I guess that's Anisimov's spot (for now), and Formenton "earns" that spot later in this season.

Worst case, Norris can shift to the wing, preferably the right side since that is where he loves to shoot from and already plays there on the Powerplay. Also, Stutzle-Batherson is becoming a "thing", I would hope Smith leaves them together a bit long to develop more chemistry, they are going to be deadly together, only issue is who plays center if we keep Jimmy on the wing? I would rather try him at center at some point:

Tkachuk-Norris-Brown
Paul-White-Dadonov
Stepan-Tierney-Watson

OR

Stu-Norris-Batherson
Tkachuk-Tierney-Dzingel
Paul-White-Dadonov
Watson-Stepan-Brown

Asquaredx2

Mar 10, 2008
Didn't Dzingel play centre before? I'd like to see him play C with Tim and Drake. Stepan moves down to the 4th line in place of Anisimov with Tierney and Watson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->