Player Discussion Ryan Dzingel (LW) 2021 Edition

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Melnyk wouldn't sign off on adding 1-2M in extra salary for a "warm body".

He'll be expected to contribute to the team's success.

That's what I am saying. He is an upgrade on what we traded and who we have to fill the spot now.

He wasn't brought in to be a top line W though so his contribution will be as a speedy winger with some finish.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
At worst he's an improvement over Peca. I'm pleased to have him back.

Honestly that's the what I want the most out of him. He's more established and faster than Peca and even without any additional scoring, those traits will probably help the team overall

LuckyPierre

Jul 1, 2010

Dzingel is clutch. He'll return to productivity. Coach is really going to lean on him and given him minutes, especially with Stepan out. Veteran guy who has produced in the playoffs for Ottawa and elsewhere.

Could see him playing with Dadonov.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
With all due respect he better replace Dadonov on the first PP unit. He is better than Dadonov in every offensive category one can imagine

Reactions: Icelevel

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
I wasn't able to watch the game due to work. How did Dzingel look?

My dream is that he really plays well with the kids and signs an extension, but unfortunately for me I think he may end up being trade bait and/or expansion draft loss material.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I wasn't able to watch the game due to work. How did Dzingel look?

My dream is that he really plays well with the kids and signs an extension, but unfortunately for me I think he may end up being trade bait and/or expansion draft loss material.

He was ok but the team as a whole laid an egg.

Showed some speed, scored a goal, went to stick up for a teammate after a hit at the end of the game but the lineman got in the way.

Reactions: Icelevel

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
The speed was a welcome addition but the team was so bad it’s hard to evaluate anything.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
With all due respect he better replace Dadonov on the first PP unit. He is better than Dadonov in every offensive category one can imagine
Dadonov had a couple good games. Other than that - terrible. Especially considering he’s getting $5mil

Reactions: aragorn

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
At worst he's an improvement over Peca. I'm pleased to have him back.
Anyone is better than peca except the guys that Ottawa is playing. Dzingel is not only better than peca, he’s better than Dadonov

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
anyone know what the story is with his wife and not wanting to sign in Ottawa the first go around? He mentioned when he came back here that he had to take into account his wife and things didn't work out the first time around and that he left on a good note. Also makes it doubtful he resigns

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
anyone know what the story is with his wife and not wanting to sign in Ottawa the first go around? He mentioned when he came back here that he had to take into account his wife and things didn't work out the first time around and that he left on a good note. Also makes it doubtful he resigns
She's a golfer, and I'd assume much of her work with golf companies and whatnot would be happening south of the border.

Then there's the state the Sens were/are in, nobody wanted to be here.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
She's a golfer, and I'd assume much of her work with golf companies and whatnot would be happening south of the border.

Then there's the state the Sens were/are in, nobody wanted to be here.

He alluded some medical issues as well when he was interviewed on TSN1200.

As for his game - he was fine and should get better. He is clearly an upgrade to anyone we had on the taxi squad but I am hoping he lights it up and we can move him, as a UFA I doubt he resigns here and if wants to we can always offer a contract in the offseason anyway.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
He alluded some medical issues as well when he was interviewed on TSN1200.

As for his game - he was fine and should get better. He is clearly an upgrade to anyone we had on the taxi squad but I am hoping he lights it up and we can move him, as a UFA I doubt he resigns here and if wants to we can always offer a contract in the offseason anyway.
He might not have many suitors given his decline. I have no idea if the sens would want to re-sign him but I bet he’d be willing to as it’s not like last time

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
A major upgrade to the top 12
I've always liked him as a top 9 scoring winger. So long as we can fit him in a role that make sense and not shoehorn him in on the 4th line i think he's a good pickup,

Edit; i should say, getting 4th line mins. Dzingel-Tierney-Watson isn't a terrible line (not what I'd do mind you) and could be a 3rd line on some teams if they find chemistry, i just mean we can't have him playing 11 mins a night and not getting any offensive deployment.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
I love the one game analysis. Just for the record the most recent version of Dzingel is not the same as the Dzingel that departed 2 years ago.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
I love the one game analysis. Just for the record the most recent version of Dzingel is not the same as the Dzingel that departed 2 years ago.

That post is well before the one game Dzingel played. Whatever Version this is of Dzingel is still far much better than any version of Dadonov, especially on the PP. It's been 25 games I haven't seen anything productive from Dadonov so far. Not even one brief moment

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Dadonov had a couple good games. Other than that - terrible. Especially considering he’s getting $5mil
I think Dzingel replaces Dadonov who hasn't been anywhere near what we thought we were getting as a top line RW forward who is now relegated to the checking 3rd line.

I hope they go with Tkachuk, Norris & Dzingel in the next game to see if they can finally find someone to play with those two & contribute offensively.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Shake it up baby now

Tkachuk Paul Batherson ; Big line .. Should be good down low and Batherson can make plays
Dzingel White Dadonov ; I think Dzingel can add some offense here
Stutzle Tierney Brown ; Less creative options for Stutzle but two guys that keep it simple and play D
Formenton Norris Watson ; A 4th line that can play with some pace.. not ideal for Norris per say but should be able to roll 4

Adrianopolous

Oct 5, 2017
Delray Beach, Florida

Dzingel is clutch. He'll return to productivity. Coach is really going to lean on him and given him minutes, especially with Stepan out. Veteran guy who has produced in the playoffs for Ottawa and elsewhere.

Could see him playing with Dadonov.

The goal against Pitts always makes my eye's a bit watery for some reason. I avoid watching that goal because it sucks knowing what happened next..

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
Shake it up baby now

Tkachuk Paul Batherson ; Big line .. Should be good down low and Batherson can make plays
Dzingel White Dadonov ; I think Dzingel can add some offense here
Stutzle Tierney Brown ; Less creative options for Stutzle but two guys that keep it simple and play D
Formenton Norris Watson ; A 4th line that can play with some pace.. not ideal for Norris per say but should be able to roll 4

Replace Tierny with Norris on that 3rd line :)

Any of you think Dadonov is being held back by playing with White, who has very little offensive talent?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Replace Tierny with Norris on that 3rd line :)

Any of you think Dadonov is being held back by playing with White, who has very little offensive talent?
Either way with Tierney Norris. Was trying to give Stutzle some stability .. he is dynamic as hell but he needs to simplify .. doesn't have to be a highlight reel every time
Not at all on White Dadonov

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad