Player Discussion Ryan Dzingel (LW) 2021 Edition

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Didn't Dzingel play centre before? I'd like to see him play C with Tim and Drake. Stepan moves down to the 4th line in place of Anisimov with Tierney and Watson.
He has never played as a center in the NHL, and isn't viewed as a particularly strong defensive player or puck distributor, and has a career FO% that is sub 40%, i have no idea why you want to see him used as a center here...

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Any idea where he slots into our line up? On the 4th line with Anisimov and Watson?

He will bump Anisimov out of the lineup. Who do you have him bumping if Anisimov stays?

That said, I could definitely see him starting with Tierney/Stepan and Watson

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
He will bump Anisimov out of the lineup. Who do you have him bumping if Anisimov stays?

That said, I could definitely see him starting with Tierney/Stepan and Watson
Ya looks like it will probably be Anisimov. I thought he was playing 4C for us but last night he was 4LW.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Ya looks like it will probably be Anisimov. I thought he was playing 4C for us but last night he was 4LW.
Anisimov has barely lined up at C for us this year. Takes about 3 faceoffs a game and loses about 2. In order, the group of Stepan, Tierney, Norris, White, Paul, and Brady have taken a bit under 93% of our faceoffs this year. Paquette has taken just under 3%, so the remaining guys (in order: Anisimov, Watson, Brown, Batherson, Stutzle, Haley, Dadonov) combine for about 5-6% of total draws.

Asquaredx2

Mar 10, 2008
He has never played as a center in the NHL, and isn't viewed as a particularly strong defensive player or puck distributor, and has a career FO% that is sub 40%, i have no idea why you want to see him used as a center here...

Fair enough. I guess I'm remembering him as a C from his days as a prospect. I think I liked the idea of him with Stutzle and Batherson because he's bigger and faster than Stepan, and both of 18 and 19 are above average playmakers at the wing, so Dzingel could be more of a shooter. But the defensive zone and FO considerations are legitimate.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Fair enough. I guess I'm remembering him as a C from his days as a prospect. I think I liked the idea of him with Stutzle and Batherson because he's bigger and faster than Stepan, and both of 18 and 19 are above average playmakers at the wing, so Dzingel could be more of a shooter. But the defensive zone and FO considerations are legitimate.
I think putting Stützle at center makes more sense to get them together, but i don't think as a group they have the two way game you'd want (at least not yet).

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
They might actually look at extending him for a year.

If you assume the Sens protect Tkachuk, White, Batherson, Dadonov, Brown, Tierney, and Paul in expansion then we only have one forward [Watson] that meets the exposure requirements.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
What is it, another 6 days of quarantine for him?

Will be interesting to see where we fit him into the lineup.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I hope Dzingel works out for you this year.

Paquette has done a nice job for Canes so far.

Is he? He’s playing like 9 minutes and is -2 in 4 games. Canes Twitter is pumping him up doesn’t seem to be doing much

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
I keep forgetting we have Dzingel incoming :laugh:

Barring any injuries, he is definitely going to improve the look of our line up, at least on paper, if we can somehow move Stepan out of the way.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Is he? He’s playing like 9 minutes and is -2 in 4 games. Canes Twitter is pumping him up doesn’t seem to be doing much

4th line.

Played 10:40 against Bolts and was +1. In previous games, one of the - was a goaltender gaffe.

FWIW: He has added a “grit” dimension each game that the Canes needed.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
This could work

Tkachuk - Norris - Dzingle
Paul - White - Dadonov
Stutzle - C. Brown - Batherson
do - not - care

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Ill guess he starts on the 4th line to begin with and works his way up.

Id be surprised if he immediately slots into a top 6 role game 1.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
This could work

Paul - White - Dadonov
Stutzle - C. Brown - Batherson
do - not - care

Connor Brown as a center??? Put Tierney there, at least he plays the position...

Paul - White - Dadonov
Stutzle - Tierney - Batherson
Watson - Stepan - C.Brown

Chabot - Zaitsev
Brannstrom - Zub
Reilly/Wolanin - Gudbranson...

Or call up Logan brown scratch Stepan and put Tierney on the 4th line

We should have Dzingel ready for one of the last two games against the flames, i could see Brown being healthy and called up by then, linep would look pretty different with both of them

Last edited:

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I don't know why Tierney with Batherson and Stutzle hasn't already been tried. I'm not Tierney's biggest fan but at least he can make plays and keep up.

Dzingle - Stutzle Batherson , would also be interesting. Lots of speed, and a decent finisher for Batherson and Stutzle to work with.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
I don't know why Tierney with Batherson and Stutzle hasn't already been tried. I'm not Tierney's biggest fan but at least he can make plays and keep up.

Dzingle - Stutzle Batherson , would also be interesting. Lots of speed, and a decent finisher for Batherson and Stutzle to work with.
He try the other game or last before. I noticed Stepan on the 4th line and play well, and I know the shift after will be with the kid

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think DJ has for the moment anyway the top 3 lines figured out that he likes so far. I would guess that Dzingel will start on the 4th line & have to work his way up or replace someone above him who does poorly or gets injured. I would love to see Stepan replaced, but given what it cost them to get him I doubt he is replaced anytime soon or until the trade deadline anyway.

Hopefully, they are able to move a good number of their UFAs by the TDL, some I imagine they won't be able to move & will be stuck with them until the end of the season. Funny how things turn out, I thought Dadonov would be on the top line when he was acquired & C. Brown on the 3rd line & here we are with a $5 mil Dadonov on the 3rd line & C. Brown with more pts making less money playing on the top line.

Tkachuk - Norris - C. Brown
Stutzle - Stepan - Batherson
Paul - White - Dadonov
Dzingel - Tierny - Watson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad