Player Discussion: Ryan Callahan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
should HAVE

driving me crazy with this ****

He should have at LEAST 15 goals, If Namestnikov would have passed it that one time, and if Chad Johnson didn't make that save that other time.

You know what, we should count those stats. Everybody remember to add 10-15 points to Callahans total so far to give an accurate representation to how much offense he brings.

OH MY GOD he's our leading scorer now! I take it all back give him more money!

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
No no no, I'm talking about when people say "could of" and "should of." It's "could have" and "should have," ffs.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Dude, you really need to stop talking about points Callahan "should" have. That is just silly and you sound ridiculous. Points he "should" have doesn't matter. We're looking for wins, not moral victories.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Callahan was just trying to get more theoretical points when he put that puck over the glass. He was hoping to get some ice time in OT and thus more points. :sarcasm:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Player A 19GP 4G 2A 6P 5.8 caphit

Player B 15GP 4G 4A 8P 1.025 caphit

Who would you rather have?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Overall, Callahan's playing well I think (definitely not last night, and I didn't even see the penalty). I blame the coaching staff for continually putting him in a position to fail. He doesn't play well with Stamkos, but every time he has a good game, that's exactly where we stick him. It's like we take him out of a situation where he IS performing, and put him in a situation where he's proven he can't.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Overall, Callahan's playing well I think (definitely not last night, and I didn't even see the penalty). I blame the coaching staff for continually putting him in a position to fail. He doesn't play well with Stamkos, but every time he has a good game, that's exactly where we stick him. It's like we take him out of a situation where he IS performing, and put him in a situation where he's proven he can't.

He plays his best in an energy role, that's where he should be. He's not the same player he was in NY. Chipping in offense from a high energy third line that can score.

We've got Vlad and Drouin knocking on the door for top six time, and doing well with it when given the chance. Then you've got guys like Killorn and Flip who work better with Stamkos. No fit for him, sorry to say, and that contract is gross

Last edited:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
3 assists in his last 3 games - doesn't sound that bad right? He has only 4 points in 2016 though (15 games, 4 assists). He isn't playing bad but 5 goals all season (1 in his last 17 games, 2 in his last 40 games) just ain't cutting it. The **** is up with Cally?

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
3 assists in his last 3 games - doesn't sound that bad right? He has only 4 points in 2016 though (15 games, 4 assists). He isn't playing bad but 5 goals all season (1 in his last 17 games, 2 in his last 40 games) just ain't cutting it. The **** is up with Cally?

Yes he has intangibles but they don't cut it when you take up $6m in caphit, production has to be there. Another bad playoffs from him and the contract will look horrible.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Well he has been playing on the third line, no?

Because he can't cut in in the top-6, it's pretty much use him in a shutdown role or have a poor scoring line with him on it.

Filppula is technically on the 3rd line, he's still racking in points.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Put him back with Stamkos. Neither of them can get much worse and Callahan's effort level might inspire Stamkos to start trying harder

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

Who knows but it's gotta change soon. We're surviving on offense almost exclusively by Stamkos, Kucherov and some timely help from the defense sometimes. Namestnikov's offense has gone cold too and I can say entire KFC line is just brutal when it comes to scoring goals.

This roster desperately needs turnover or we're gonna get murdered in the playoffs -assuming we make it

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Who knows but it's gotta change soon. We're surviving on offense almost exclusively by Stamkos, Kucherov and some timely help from the defense sometimes. Namestnikov's offense has gone cold too and I can say entire KFC line is just brutal when it comes to scoring goals.

This roster desperately needs turnover or we're gonna get murdered in the playoffs -assuming we make it

Cannot trust this team with 1 goal games, they need to get their scoring touch back.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Because he can't cut in in the top-6, it's pretty much use him in a shutdown role or have a poor scoring line with him on it.

Filppula is technically on the 3rd line, he's still racking in points.

Flip blows even harder.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
While I do wish Fil would shoot more, he is far from the biggest problem on this team. He's contributing every night no matter what line he's on. Nobody should expect him to do more than he's been doing (besides the shooting thing). Cally has a lot of drive, but not much to show for it. Stammer doesn't even have the drive most nights.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Call has to start producing some goals, my goodness. I like the guy and he brings some gritt and leadership but his contract is too big for him not to be producing

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
For perspective: JAM (5) has played in 25 less games and is tied in goals with him. JT Brown (6) has more goals than him (5). Boyler (9) has 4 more goals in 5 less games.

Brown and Boyle get essentially no PP time at all (both average just 0:04 and 0:03 per game). Callahan is 9th in PPTOI/GP on the team and 6th in total PPTOI.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
In a pair of games where the team lacked heart and will to win, I'm not sure how you can justify picking on Callahan. He's the one guy on the team that has brought it every single game. Sure, we need him to pot a few more than he has, but there many other players more deserving of criticism right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad