Player Discussion: Ryan Callahan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Erne-love reminds me of Carter Ashton-love. The love seems to come from what people think he could be, rather than what he's actually done.

When he makes one good play every 4 games it's worth putting him in the lineup apparently, a guy like Callahan is much more useful on a game to game basis.

I doubt he puts it together at this age anyways, 23 isn't exactly young. JT Miller is the exact same height and weight as Erne and they're only 2 years apart, but the gap in their careers is huge. Miller has matched Erne's career total 7 games this season.

He'll probably get a couple more games in, Joseph looks like he's slowing down.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Disappointed with the development of Erne, once upon a time a few seasons ago he looked poised to force himself onto the roster. The skill in his game seems to have evaporated

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Disappointed with the development of Erne, once upon a time a few seasons ago he looked poised to force himself onto the roster. The skill in his game seems to have evaporated

It seems like he can't play his physical game and his finesse game at the same time. It's either one or the other, and neither, on their own, are good enough for him to be an impact player in the NHL. Unfortunately, we've run out of time for him in the A.

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
Hello Bolts fans, it is I, Kevs from the Canes boards. Sorry to bother y'all, but I just wanted to say that Captain Cally is one of my all time favorites. Back when Rangers had Cally, Drury, Zherdev, prime-Dubs, Girardi and Hank, I really thought that the team would make it to the finals. Well, Renney was the main reason they didn't. But anyhow, how's Cally looking so far? He's not the player he used to be, but is he still useful? He's exactly the kind of a guy a young team like my Canes need.

Reactions: Raphael87

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016
Here’s some analytics from the first ten games… #betterthanCallahan
https://www.rawcharge.com/2018/10/29/18034258/tampa-bay-lightning-ten-game-report-a-solid-start-to-a-long-season-nhl-brayden-point-nikita-kucherov
Quote:
“The first thing that pops here is Adam Erne’s profile. He was scratched when Ryan Callahan returned to the lineup and didn’t get back on the ice until last game due to Palat’s injury. But in the games he’s played, he’s been great. In fact, looking at Erne’s profile right next to Callahan’s makes one wonder if the Bolts would be better off with Erne.”

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
https://www.rawcharge.com/2018/10/29/18034258/tampa-bay-lightning-ten-game-report-a-solid-start-to-a-long-season-nhl-brayden-point-nikita-kucherov
Quote:
“The first thing that pops here is Adam Erne’s profile. He was scratched when Ryan Callahan returned to the lineup and didn’t get back on the ice until last game due to Palat’s injury. But in the games he’s played, he’s been great. In fact, looking at Erne’s profile right next to Callahan’s makes one wonder if the Bolts would be better off with Erne.”

I think the thing with Erne is he just isnt productive. I like his hustle. Even see him play with some good skill from time to time, but he cant finish at all it seems.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Quote:

Based on that chart Kucherov is greatly outplaying Tyler Johnson and on par with Point/Gourde while Adam Erne is our most dangerous forward in terms of shot generation. Stralman has been our worst defenseman, Hedman is significantly outplaying McDonagh because this chart doesn't take into account player usage.

Yeah lets continue to actually watch games.....

Last edited:

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Based on that chart Kucherov is greatly outplaying Tyler Johnson and on par with Point/Gourde while Adam Erne is our most dangerous forward on shot generation. Stralman has been our worst defenseman, Hedman is significantly outplaying McDonagh because this chart doesn't take into account player usage.

Lies, damned lies, and advanced statistics.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Based on that chart Kucherov is greatly outplaying Tyler Johnson and on par with Point/Gourde while Adam Erne is our most dangerous forward in terms of shot generation. Stralman has been our worst defenseman, Hedman is significantly outplaying McDonagh because this chart doesn't take into account player usage.

Science is a liar sometimes.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
On defense, Anton Stralman's profile is a bit concerning. I’m not going to get too worked up after ten games, but the Lightning need his trend to change. He’s counted on to play shut-down minutes with Ryan McDonagh and the team needs more from him than they’ve gotten so far

At the opposite end of the spectrum, Victor Hedman is a monster. The team needs him back in the lineup because he’s a special player and no amount of depth can compensate for missing him. Along with Hedman, Sergachev continues to impress. He’s not getting much ice time yet, probably because of his age, but that has to change at some point if he continues putting up results like this.

Stralman sucks, guys been doing a shitty job so far. Promote Sergachev.

This guys an idiot, reminds me of some other guy on this board who just learned stats.

Last edited:

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon

Stralman sucks, guys been doing a ****ty job so far. Promote Sergachev.

This guys an idiot, reminds me of some other guy on this board who just learned stats.

I'll admit that I've enjoying learning more about advanced stats these last few seasons, but, as a science type person, I'm also quite aware of their limitations. :skeptic:

McDonagh has been the best defenseman so far, Strålman certainly hasn't sucked and Sergachev has been having 20 yr old player issues and might just need to cook a little longer on the third pairing.

Science is a liar sometimes.

It all depends on how one defines things... ;)

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Thought he played his best game Ive seen from him in a while last night. He was up there in minutes played too if I remember correctly. Happy to see him playing well.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Thought he played his best game Ive seen from him in a while last night. He was up there in minutes played too if I remember correctly. Happy to see him playing well.
Knocked some people on their ass. His line was aggressive. Thought it was good.

(still, 5.8m for a fourth liner is absurd)

Reactions: CupsOverCash
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad