Player Discussion: Ryan Callahan

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Figured we could stop bumping that stinky trade thread and talk about HEART AND SOUL PLAYER RYAN CALLAHAN.

From now on - whenever we reference HEART AND SOUL PLAYER RYAN CALLAHAN, you must refer to him as HEART AND SOUL PLAYER RYAN CALLAHAN. Anyway - what a ****ing warrior. The guy is relentless out there, and it's rubbing off on other people. Him, Flip, and Palat are just men possessed.

To quote a movie that I know robertguess likes:

Pay that man his money.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
The guy is a beast! 18-51-24 just work so well together it's beautiful! They're so relentless on the puck carrier, tonight they totally dominated whoever was matched up against them.

I love the phyiscal presence Callahan brings and as PA said it's rubbing off on the other players on the team. He fills so many holes this team previously had: We've gotten better defensively, in front of the net, in the corners and along the walls, on the special teams and in overall toughness.

If he's able to keep this up give him all the money he wants!

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
He is a hell of a player. No way around it. But it's hard to tell if he is worth 6 years. As of right now, ya, he would be worth every penny. He brings so much leadership and ability to this team. Hope he keeps playing this way.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Reminds me of Bergenheim, similar play style. Yzerman decided not to overpay for Bergenheim's style of game, will be interesting to see if things have changed.

2 Weekes Notice

Apr 10, 2012
Non-traditional Land
I don't know if we'll be able to make a Callahan extension work, but the Palat-Filppula-Callahan line looks like just an absolute pain to play against, and Cooper always talked about wanting to be tough to play against.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
Apparently on the Jersey feed last night, their guy said he had 'inside sources' who confirmed Tampa would not re-sign him. I call hogwash. If he wants to play longer in Tampa, and he's not absurd about his demands (maybe he learned his lesson?), I'd expect SFY to get it done. He adds a lot to the team and he's a good role-model for some of our younger guys. Let's just hope Callahan likes beaches and rum more than beer and decaying manufacturing sites (Buffalo).

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
I'm fine with giving him 6 million X 4 if we dump Malone. Hopefully Yzerman can get it to 5.5 or less. Yzerman's top priority this offseason, sign him to a friendly contract.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Will try to keep it short. I remember when there was a guy I HATED. That man in 2008 I believe came to tampa. He scored more than Callahan was small but was fierce a leader and just got the JOB DONE. I hated the guy almost as much as hated the owners and the organization that was being ran here.

We let this man with a second overall pick go for a couple of scrubs to our biggest hated rival.

This is what everything boils down to me. These moments defining moments the sky was falling. Losing our captain in the playoff push. Leading scorer award winner just unreal was like back to the dark days.

Yet now something is different here. Someone does a job correctly and not only do we have a semblance of hope? We still came out ahead and we might have really came ahead if we can keep this man on this team cause he is a warrior a leader a winner and a working man.

Someone for another team I WOULD HATE. Yet when you see it daily you say oh my what a player.

Mark Recchi is the other guy I was talking about. I hope this time we get it right and keep this player. He is the type of guy whom is needed.

I wake up each day thanking my lucky stars to be witnessing the resurrection of this franchise. I thank everything for our LEADERS and the people running the show.

I remember how really pitiful this team was ran once upon a dreary time.

Everything is defined by the pieces and how those pieces correlate to the other pieces. We are witnessing imo a probable main piece of the puzzle. I hope we can keep him. I hope he signs here. He is a guy will hate for other teams but will truly love and appreciate if he is with us:)

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
I think 24-51-18 is an absolutely dominant line. If we can have that next season with Drouin and Stamkos on another line.. We will be a great team.

We do need some defense though.

ThunderRoad

Apr 24, 2006
Tampa
Absolutely am hoping Yzerman can get Callahan re signed - that Ryan likes the organization enough to want to stick around. He has been tremendous. We haven't had a line like that since the good old days of Modin-Richards-St Louis.

Come on Yzerman...convince the guy he's right where he needs to be.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Apparently on the Jersey feed last night, their guy said he had 'inside sources' who confirmed Tampa would not re-sign him. I call hogwash. If he wants to play longer in Tampa, and he's not absurd about his demands (maybe he learned his lesson?), I'd expect SFY to get it done. He adds a lot to the team and he's a good role-model for some of our younger guys. Let's just hope Callahan likes beaches and rum more than beer and decaying manufacturing sites (Buffalo).

I am pretty confident to say this is BS. This org rarely says anything specific in interviews and always go with we will see how it goes. However this time they came out right away and said they want to sign him. They don't say this without a plan in their mind. I expect SY to work some Magic and get the job done on a fair agreement for both sides. Callahan is an absolute Cooper guy and will soon wear an A (next season). IMO he will want to stay here.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Will try to keep it short. I remember when there was a guy I HATED. That man in 2008 I believe came to tampa. He scored more than Callahan was small but was fierce a leader and just got the JOB DONE. I hated the guy almost as much as hated the owners and the organization that was being ran here.

We let this man with a second overall pick go for a couple of scrubs to our biggest hated rival.

This is what everything boils down to me. These moments defining moments the sky was falling. Losing our captain in the playoff push. Leading scorer award winner just unreal was like back to the dark days.

Yet now something is different here. Someone does a job correctly and not only do we have a semblance of hope? We still came out ahead and we might have really came ahead if we can keep this man on this team cause he is a warrior a leader a winner and a working man.

Someone for another team I WOULD HATE. Yet when you see it daily you say oh my what a player.

Mark Recchi is the other guy I was talking about. I hope this time we get it right and keep this player. He is the type of guy whom is needed.

I wake up each day thanking my lucky stars to be witnessing the resurrection of this franchise. I thank everything for our LEADERS and the people running the show.

I remember how really pitiful this team was ran once upon a dreary time.

Everything is defined by the pieces and how those pieces correlate to the other pieces. We are witnessing imo a probable main piece of the puzzle. I hope we can keep him. I hope he signs here. He is a guy will hate for other teams but will truly love and appreciate if he is with us:)

Recchi was 100 years old when we traded him so it was good we got something for him as we weren't gonna resign him. It was also a 2nd round pick not 2nd overall.

If we let Cally hit the open market we will lose him, we need him locked up before then. Some team will pay him 6 plus so we need to get him signed or if we know we aren't going to, get a pick for his rights.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Recchi was 100 years old when we traded him so it was good we got something for him as we weren't gonna resign him. It was also a 2nd round pick not 2nd overall.

If we let Cally hit the open market we will lose him, we need him locked up before then. Some team will pay him 6 plus so we need to get him signed or if we know we aren't going to, get a pick for his rights.

Just stating how crappy this place was ran for awhile this is REFRESHING no matter what happens Stevie took a bad situation and might turn into gold? If not we got more than expected for where we were placed:)

I am pretty happy.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
GW goal tonight for Cally, but took a rare 3 penalties tonight. Not very Cally like, he usually is a smarter and cleaner player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad