RW/LW Vasili Podkolzin - SKA-Neva St.Petersburg, VHL (2019, 10th, VAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Good decision. No reason for any Russian to play American/Canadian juniors/minors. History has showed that 99,9% of them failed to make the world elite level if chosed American/Canadian juniors/minors.
I'm not trying to stir up the endless debate but what about adjusting? Isn't it a lot to ask a guy to come over and make a NHL team right away plus get used to the language, culture, ice surface, team system all at once? Podkolzin has a high level of skill so maybe he can produce enough while getting comfortable right away. But what about those who need time or are not elite level players to begin with?

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I'm not trying to stir up the endless debate but what about adjusting? Isn't it a lot to ask a guy to come over and make a NHL team right away plus get used to the language, culture, ice surface, team system all at once? Podkolzin has a high level of skill so maybe he can produce enough while getting comfortable right away. But what about those who need time or are not elite level players to begin with?
That is fine if ....

the NHL and other minor/junior team pay a transfer fee negotiated with an European club for a player. Then I have no problem is many of them move overseas to minors/juniors.

The reality is the minor/junior/NHL teams and agents say fairytales to players to get them to America/Canada. And then do not care about them. You do not need so many players in the system. Does your NHL team need a 3rd liner? Fine, scout a player and sign one player you need. You need a goalie? Do the same. But not sign dozens if not more prospects every summer and wait if one or two make it. Especially if you say all of them, they will be in the NHL soon. Again, scout one or two players you need.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
i like how he always seems to get the puck deep in his own zone and then rushes to the net with no awareness of his teammates whatsoever. can he pass?

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
He reminds me of early Ovechkin with the way he just generates speed in his own zone and flies down the ice either blowing by defender or undressing them and scores. Kid is a damn good talent.

Reactions: NY Lito

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Is on Team Russia U20 4 Nations Tournament roster along with Kravtsov, Kovalenko, Denisenko, Dorofeyev. So he won't play in Canada vs CHL teams.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Is it possible that he'll see some KHL action before 2019?

Him being in the SKA organization limits his opportunities greatly. In my opinion, that might even hurt his chances in the draft a bit. What will his development look like in the next 2 years? That's going to matter to some teams.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Him being in the SKA organization limits his opportunities greatly. In my opinion, that might even hurt his chances in the draft a bit. What will his development look like in the next 2 years? That's going to matter to some teams.
If SKA loses some talent(say Gusev decides to try the NHL, Datsyuk decides that he is old after all) there might be an option.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He seems to do well with making flashy plays, but his numbers are becoming reminiscent of what we saw from Denisenko. He should not have trouble averaging 1PPG in the MHL, if he is a top 5 talent in the draft. 16 minutes per game, as well, so his minutes aren't keeping him from that. 1 point in 6 VHL games isn't good either. The minutes are a little low, around 13 per game, but not low enough that he shouldn't have more than 1 point in 6 games.

Reactions: 13 others

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
It has to be his 1st KHL game today, but considering it's vs. Avtomobilist (the team that leads the KHL), I doubt, he'll play a lot of minutes, if any at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad