RW/LW Vasili Podkolzin - SKA-Neva St.Petersburg, VHL (2019, 10th, VAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Him being in the SKA organization limits his opportunities greatly. In my opinion, that might even hurt his chances in the draft a bit. What will his development look like in the next 2 years? That's going to matter to some teams.
Plus his interviews. He's not planning to go to NA anytime soon.

Reactions: lawrence

devilsfan35

Jun 15, 2015
How has he been playing lately? I’m a huge fan of his game. Has he brought himself into the top 5 conversation?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
How has he been playing lately? I’m a huge fan of his game. Has he brought himself into the top 5 conversation?

His stats at club level are very pedestrian, similar to what we saw from Denisenko last season. Not bad, but not what you'd expect of a top 5 or 10 pick.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
He's been playing in the VHL lately and has also played in the KHL and MHL in addition to taking breaks to play for three national teams so it's pretty tough to compare his production to anyone else. 7 points with 5 goals in 10 MHL games isn't disappointing. His next task is to play at the WJAC I believe.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
His play in Russia has been very disappointing and the big red flag with him is that he's invisible for most of the game over there with a couple good shifts. I still think he's a top 10 guy but he's going to have to start to show something in his league play vs just living off of tournament hype. His fellow countryman Pavel Dorofeyev is the better prospect from what I've seen.

bagsw

Apr 17, 2016
Saint Petersburg, Russia
What player is a comparable for him
In interview he said that he has some similarities with young Nichushkin, he also uses his power, but Vasily is more likely go through the center.

No. Russia didn't invite a single 2001 birthday. Russia generally takes an older team.
Head coach of team Russia said that Vasily still has a chance and will probably come to training camp when it will be moved to Canada.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
In interview he said that he has some similarities with young Nichushkin, he also uses his power, but Vasily is more likely go through the center.

Head coach of team Russia said that Vasily still has a chance and will probably come to training camp when it will be moved to Canada.
That's promising to hear. I just knew he wasn't on the original invite list.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Podkolzin is a 200-foot menace. Easily the most abrasive of the top draft forwards. Go down the list — there is nobody with his anger, temperment and violence. Datsyuk was a gentleman. Tarasenko is marginal on his side of the red line. Podkolzin is neither.

He’s a throwback North American. More like Adam Deadmarsh, Dale Hunter or Dirk Graham but with greater potential for scoring.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Podkolzin is a 200-foot menace. Easily the most abrasive of the top draft forwards. Go down the list — there is nobody with his anger, temperment and violence. Datsyuk was a gentleman. Tarasenko is marginal on his side of the red line. Podkolzin is neither.

He’s a throwback North American. More like Adam Deadmarsh, Dale Hunter or Dirk Graham but with greater potential for scoring.
Don't you tell stuff like that in Russia. North Americans thinking they owned the rights for the physicaluty brand is always fun.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Don't you tell stuff like that in Russia. North Americans thinking they owned the rights for the physicaluty brand is always fun.
Because we cant have Russians comparable to certain North American players right? :sarcasm:

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017

If he play like Deadmarsh with more skill he will be the Perfect player for the AVS(please don't fight with a guy with 30 pounds more)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->