RW/LW Vasili Podkolzin - SKA-Neva St.Petersburg, VHL (2019, 10th, VAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Have to think he gets a KHL look at some point in 2018-19, no? He'll be too good for the MHL one would think.

He should get some games since SKA will almost certainly clinch first place early and they rotate their roster around a lot, but since SKA is so good, its unlikely he'll have a regular spot in the lineup this season.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Have to think he gets a KHL look at some point in 2018-19, no? He'll be too good for the MHL one would think.
SKA is way too stacked. Plus, it'd probably be very frustrating to watch. He'd be a 13th forward getting like 2 minutes a game.

Generally, players who play in the KHL in their draft year are on middle to lower tier teams. I can't think of any big time Russian prospect who got significant time on a powerhouse team in their draft year. Guys like Kravtsov, Kaprizov, Tarasenko and Kuznetsov played, but they weren't trying to break through on a major team. I don't think its happened since the formation of the KHL. Ovechkin played for CSKA, but that was in the old RSL.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
He can play in the VHL, vs men, it's still way better, than any development league. But first, he should prove, he's a star in the MHL. It's not that easy to score in the league, look at Denisenko.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
SKA is way too stacked. Plus, it'd probably be very frustrating to watch. He'd be a 13th forward getting like 2 minutes a game.

Generally, players who play in the KHL in their draft year are on middle to lower tier teams. I can't think of any big time Russian prospect who got significant time on a powerhouse team in their draft year. Guys like Kravtsov, Kaprizov, Tarasenko and Kuznetsov played, but they weren't trying to break through on a major team. I don't think its happened since the formation of the KHL. Ovechkin played for CSKA, but that was in the old RSL.
yeah, and kucherov for dynamo. as for podkolzin, it'll be a feat if he repeats denisenko's numbers in the mhl from last year.

Anardil

Nov 25, 2012
West of Chalet BBQ
After this tourney, he's going to get a lot more attention in prospect circles. It will be interesting to see if he can continue the momentum he has created.

In terms of playing style, he reminds me of Malkin. He so strong on the puck. I hope that he can continue to develop this aspect of his game as he progresses up the competition ladder.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
After this tourney, he's going to get a lot more attention in prospect circles. It will be interesting to see if he can continue the momentum he has created.

In terms of playing style, he reminds me of Malkin. He so strong on the puck. I hope that he can continue to develop this aspect of his game as he progresses up the competition ladder.

IMHO rather Tarasenko, than Malkin.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Outstanding tourney, he’ll be flying up a tonne of lists! Gotta love a guy with top notch skill AND a top notch motor. Reminds me a bit of Tarasenko, a bit of Jesper Bratt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad