RW/LW Vasili Podkolzin - SKA-Neva St.Petersburg, VHL (2019, 10th, VAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Does anyone know his thoughts on coming to NA rather sooner than later? SKA is not a good place for development when they know a player won't resign with them, as Rangers fans are learning with Rykov and Shestyorkin.

Reactions: haveandare

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
I really don't know this player at all other then what I read and if what I read is correct he may go top 5

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Does anyone know his thoughts on coming to NA rather sooner than later? SKA is not a good place for development when they know a player won't resign with them, as Rangers fans are learning with Rykov and Shestyorkin.
That way, he is like every other SKA player. Either the situation for him to come will have to be really good or he will take his sweet time (and paychecks). Knowing this everybody will pass until Washinton drafts him and wins the cup in 2027 or something :sarcasm:

Reactions: Mrb1p

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
That way, he is like every other SKA player. Either the situation for him to come will have to be really good or he will take his sweet time (and paychecks). Knowing this everybody will pass until Washinton drafts him and wins the cup in 2027 or something :sarcasm:

SKA will probably lose Gusev and Barabanov next year. Prokhorkin as well. Dats isn't getting younger. So it's going to be a lot of spare spots on the roster. Especially as to offense.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
SKA will probably lose Gusev and Barabanov next year. Prokhorkin as well. Dats isn't getting younger. So it's going to be a lot of spare spots on the roster. Especially as to offense.

You don't have to worry. They are already scouting other KHL rosters. :help:

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Huge interview with Podkolzin for those who can understand Russian or Googletranslatian: "Говорят, Америка, Канада – это круто. Но сейчас я не хочу туда ехать". Интервью нового русского суперталанта

In the interview he tells that he is not in hurry at all to cross the pond, also mentioned his current measurements (184cm, 86kg/ 6'0.5", 190 lbs) and mentions that he never played at center so far.

To add onto this....

Said he won't come to the NHL until he is ready and won't play in juniors or the minors. Wants to mature as a man and come over with his family. He said he doesn't know English well. Currently has a 3-year deal with SKA. That might hurt his stock a bit.

But if you read the article, he seems like a very logical and humble kid. Mentioned that his favorite players are Kuznetsov and Ovechkin and that he'd rather go a year without sex than a year without hockey. :laugh:

My favorite quote was this....

Date or training?

- Training. I have a girlfriend. And this does not bother me.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
When he's stuck in the VHL he might have different ideas about coming over.
I get a feeling SKA youngsters aren't too bothered with being stuck in the VHL. 1) they are still getting paid relatively well; 2) they still live in St. Petersburg; 3) they have the big club nearby - all medical, training facilities, etc.; 4) they get called up for some garbage minutes fairly regularly; 5) you play for the VHL title against pretty good competition every year.

One thing you have to give SKA credit for - players are pretty happy to be playing for them. There are exceptions (Chudinov, Khokhlachev) but those are mostly players in their prime, not the youngsters.

Reactions: Fantomas

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don

Panarin and Dadonov beg to differ.

CanuckCity

Aug 23, 2012
Budapest
Yah i dont understand how every goal is so nice. Like does he just always go for the hail-mary, one-man-team play every time and we only see it when it works??

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Yah i dont understand how every goal is so nice. Like does he just always go for the hail-mary, one-man-team play every time and we only see it when it works??

Iirc, in the interview that was discussed earlier he told something that coach recommended him to go by himself if he thinks that he can improve things that way (unless his linemates have a better situation, of course).

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
To add onto this....

Said he won't come to the NHL until he is ready and won't play in juniors or the minors. Wants to mature as a man and come over with his family. He said he doesn't know English well. Currently has a 3-year deal with SKA. That might hurt his stock a bit.

But if you read the article, he seems like a very logical and humble kid. Mentioned that his favorite players are Kuznetsov and Ovechkin and that he'd rather go a year without sex than a year without hockey. :laugh:

My favorite quote was this....

Date or training?
- Training. I have a girlfriend. And this does not bother me.
Good decision. No reason for any Russian to play American/Canadian juniors/minors. History has showed that 99,9% of them failed to make the world elite level if chosed American/Canadian juniors/minors.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad