RW/LW Vasili Podkolzin - SKA-Neva St.Petersburg, VHL (2019, 10th, VAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Will be interesting to compare this guy and Guskov after the season. Guskov was the better prospect last season. This guy has taken the better route to success.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I think, playing in SKA system will damage his draft position. SKA will probably lock him for long enough for NHL teams to be hesitant to spend a high draft pick on him.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Podkolzin has had an incredible Hlinka. The goals of course are memorable individual efforts but he's just been a beast in all areas. An auto zone entry, constantly dragging the puck out of the d zone, his board work, puck protection, playmaking. Seems the guy has it all.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
He looks more impressive, than Svechnikov last year, and has already outscored Andrey at Hlinka. Pity, it's going to be really tough to him to get on SKA roster, so MHL or VHL for him.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
He looked more impressive, than Svechnikov the last year and has already outscored Andrey. Pity, it's going to be really tough to him to get on SKA roster, so MHL or VHL for him.

I think this is too big of a complaint with how many good Russian, especially forwards, are leaving too early for NA juniors. It would be preferable if they all were KHL regulars at 17 or 18, but being developed like Rykov, Barabanov, Kuzmenko, Sorokin, Shestyorkin is much preferred to being developed like the multitude of busts who've crossed the pond too early.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Small sample size I know (for those of us getting our first good look at him) but on the basis of what we’ve seen at this tournament - seems like he should be every bit in the conversation after Hughes (and perhaps Kakko) for a top 5 pick with the likes of Turcotte, Newhook, Dachs, Cozens etc.

I had heard he was a really complete player but he’s also flat out electric as well. He’s a beast. Who knows what his ceiling is or where we will be projecting him come next spring.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Small sample size I know (for those of us getting our first good look at him) but on the basis of what we’ve seen at this tournament - seems like he should be every bit in the conversation after Hughes (and perhaps Kakko) for a top 5 pick with the likes of Turcotte, Newhook, Dachs, Cozens etc.

I had heard he was a really complete player but he’s also flat out electric as well. He’s a beast. Who knows what his ceiling is or where we will be projecting him come next spring.

I don't see it. He's good, but I don't think there's a dynamic gear in his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad