RW/C Elias Pettersson (2017, 5th, VAN) Part 5

Steely Van

Oct 12, 2018
I agree, but I think Petterssons skill set is much better than Boesers. EP just has too many options in his arsenal.
Sorry my stats are wrong. I thought Boeser scored 25 in first 44 games last season only. 62gp-44gp. 29g-25g = 4g in 18 gp. but I did not remember he played his first 44 games in two seperate seasons. Fake Hughes. Make Canucks great again.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
looks like we are teetering over the honeymoon phase with Pettersson and he's going to be a hated player by other fanbases very quickly

WonderTwinsUnite

May 28, 2007
BC
He's being "hated" because overzealous Canucks fans like PorscheDesign and Ainec are shoving him down other people's throats, as opposed to just letting his play (which is plenty good) earn him validation.

Also, there's a smattering of weirdly jealous Leafs fans that dont seem to like that someone gets compared to Matthews.

But mostly the first one.

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
He's being "hated" because overzealous Canucks fans like PorscheDesign and Ainec are shoving him down other people's throats, as opposed to just letting his play (which is plenty good) earn him validation.

Also, there's a smattering of weirdly jealous Leafs fans that dont seem to like that someone gets compared to Matthews.

Then getting offended when anyone in the thread doesn't have the same opinion.

Same story with Hughes, Boeser etc. Every time.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013

apparently its wrong to be "overzealous" for a rookie that is on pace for 90 points in his own thread. Your logic seems to be skewed more towards r etardation.

WonderTwinsUnite

May 28, 2007
BC
apparently its wrong to be "overzealous" for a rookie that is on pace for 90 points in his own thread. Your logic seems to be skewed more towards r etardation.

No, it's not wrong, just remarkably obnoxious. And let's not pretend we're just talking about this thread - there are six Pettersson threads on the mainboards right now, as well as several in the polls section. More seem to pop up everytime the guy gets a point.

Nobody hates Pettersson the player (except Hynes, Hollywood North, and a couple other weirdos). Basically everyone hates stuff being forced upon them.

lawrence

May 19, 2012

To be fair it’s only 2 guys , and we have far more overzealous non Canuck fans on this thread. Not to mention none of them are going around starting useless pettersson threads or polls. So pretty much harmless and I rarely see them attack other players.

To be honest I’ve seen leafs fan go far more extreme then porchdesign and ainec.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
To be fair it’s only 2 guys , and we have far more overzealous non Canuck fans on this thread. Not to mention none of them are going around starting useless pettersson threads or polls. So pretty much harmless and I rarely see them attack other players.

To be honest I’ve seen leafs fan go far more extreme then porchdesign and ainec.

I never attack other players, thanks for noticing this lawrence

also please don't put porschedesign next to my name

he's merely mid 1st talent, I'm generational poster

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017

Haters are gonna hate. You can’t blame Canucks fans who are excited about EP for the bitter hearts and broken egos of his haters.

Reactions: lawrence

Red Solo Cup

Jul 17, 2018

i don’t know who porschedesign is, but that last part was a fantastic addition to this comment and legitimately made me laugh.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013

Generational? You're a D+2 poster while I am D+1, you will never be generational.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Next time he will get a point it will be a goal. I hope.

Are you new here? Don’t you know it’s bad when EP scores? That means his shooting percentage goes up... we don’t want that :sarcasm:

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Are you new here? Don’t you know it’s bad when EP scores? That means his shooting percentage goes up... we don’t want that :sarcasm:
Oh sorry! Shoting % up , gaaaah the horror!:DD
No more goals for you EP!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad