RW/C Elias Pettersson (2017, 5th, VAN) Part 5

isthatso

Jan 20, 2017
Yea if he doesn’t match Barzal’s 3 five point games in his rookie yea the Canucks are probably better off moving on from him, get whatever you can

I doubt that anybody would want to take a flyer on him though.

Better to send him down and hope that he figures it out...

Reactions: Lonny Bohonos

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Yea if he doesn’t match Barzal’s 3 five point games in his rookie yea the Canucks are probably better off moving on from him, get whatever you can

Gimme the autograph Austin Matthews jock strap in exchange for pettersson if he doesn’t get another 5 point game. Like those 5 point game is so easy to get.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
This kid is unbelievable!

I’ve watched more Vancouver games recently and have just been blown away by him.

Sky is the limit. Can’t wait to see him at his peak.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
EP you dont have to hit that bar on purpose to get the shoot % down. Stop kidding around. Next game maby...

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
It's kinda crazy how after 26 goals (most of them being snipes) his shot isn't getting same kind of respect from opponents like Ovechkin or Laine got when they entered the league.

When you give elite goalscorers as much room as Pettersson had in that clip, they are almost guaranteed to score everytime.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
It's kinda crazy how after 26 goals (most of them being snipes) his shot isn't getting same kind of respect from opponents like Ovechkin or Laine got when they entered the league.

his shot is alright, nothing special

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
It’s also insane considering that night in and night out he’s the #1 focal point of opponents top defensive players.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
I think it's amongst the best in league when it comes to power and accuracy. Definately good enough for opponents to start giving him more coverage which I think will eventually happen.

Its already happened. The problem is Brock Boeser who has a deadly maybe deadlier shot than EP40 is on the other side.

The only saving grace for PKs vs Canucms is that Canucks dont have a true PP QB playing the point. They get that and this is going to be a very very scary team to take a penalty against.

Laterade

Feb 9, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Its already happened. The problem is Brock Boeser who has a deadly maybe deadlier shot than EP40 is on the other side.

The only saving grace for PKs vs Canucms is that Canucks dont have a true PP QB playing the point. They get that and this is going to be a very very scary team to take a penalty against.

Hughes coming in march so excited to bare witness to that

Reactions: Stardustforever

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015

I admit it's been a while since I watched Canucks so I don't know how much his coverage has increased but at least based on his latest goal there was almost zero respect for his shot when he had the puck for a few seconds before shooting it.

I don't doubt Pettersson's coverage has increased during the season but I doubt his shot still gets the same kind of respect than Ovie's or Laine's shots because they would never have same kind of time and space as Pettersson had in that clip.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad