RW/C Elias Pettersson (2017, 5th, VAN) Part 5

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Imagine if we had won the draft in 2018..
Dahlin and Pettersson would have been dynamic.

I can't help but think of this sometimes. With those two young Swedes, and having Edler and Marky on the team (and Loui as well I guess?) with the Sedins as ambassadors, would have been able to make a pitch for EK and voila, pretty close to being a contender.

Imagine a D core with Dahlin/EK/Edler/Tanev/Hutton/Stecher with Biega and another left shot D riding the pine.

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm
These are such stupid cherry picked stats lmao
It's probably the best way to objectively show his goal scoring pace comparative to other young players historically.

It just shows how many goals he's scored, in the amount of games he's played so far and comparing him to other young players.

I'm not sure how else they'd really make any comparison at this stage of the season.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
On pace for 40 goals as a rookie that is still has lots of growth to do physically, getting wide spread attention as being one of the best players in league. I can't believe he is a Canuck.

nuxnuxnux

May 15, 2011
People can talk about his shooting % all they want, yeah it’s unsustainable but what’s impressive and I never hear anyone mention is that only 4 of his 25 goalies are tips/rebounds/deflections. He just beats goalies clean most of the time.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
On pace for 40 goals as a rookie that is still has lots of growth to do physically, getting wide spread attention as being one of the best players in league. I can't believe he is a Canuck.

-scoring at a 47 goal, 90 point pace over 82 games.
-didn't even play centre last season and made the tough move to the middle
-first time on N. American ice
-as physically undeveloped as any rookie you will ever see
-playing on a team with as poor a puck moving defense as any in the league
-tethered to the much vaunted Gudbranson/Pouliot pairing for whatever reason
- on a team with a poor PP
- has had to battle back from 2 injuries, in season

Is the shooting% unsustainable? Yeah, it sure is. Is playing with the worst puck moving defensemen in the game also unsustainable? I sure f***ing hope so. :laugh:

Quinn Hughes countdown in affect.

DeltaSwede

Jun 15, 2011
Gbg
44 career games. Graphic showing statistical comparison to other players after 44 career games.

How in the hell is that cherry picked?

It's all stats available. Until next game.. I don't get it? hahaha

Reactions: EP40

ijuka

May 14, 2016
44 career games. Graphic showing statistical comparison to other players after 44 career games.

How in the hell is that cherry picked?

It's all stats available. Until next game.. I don't get it? hahaha
I guess it's because of him missing games or something. The "fastest rookie" in that case is odd wording.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad