RW/C Elias Pettersson (2017, 5th, VAN) Part 5

WonderTwinsUnite

May 28, 2007
BC
2nd most valuble player in Canada?

If you mean valuable like actually more important to the Canucks than any non-McDavid player is to their respective Canadian team, I think that could be argued. If you mean valuable like how the MVP means most outstanding player, then not yet.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Hmm no 5 point game, he must know we are on to him. EP you dont have to phone home, we dont care that you are from another planet. Keep calm and Alien.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
If you mean valuable like actually more important to the Canucks than any non-McDavid player is to their respective Canadian team, I think that could be argued. If you mean valuable like how the MVP means most outstanding player, then not yet.
I just mean like highest trade value.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
No but he is the second most valuable player to his team in Canada
You could argue Price is, but out of all skaters he's probably the second most valuable player to his team not only in Canada, but in the NHL period.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Maybe to his team, he pretty much carries Vancouvers offense.

milehigh11

Mar 4, 2014
Mile High State
Oh how i dream that Colorado drafted him.. Would have solved our 2nd Center for the next decade. Now we can only hope Makar lives up to his potential as I always thought he was a reach at #4 overall

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
Funny thing is Benning wanted Makar over anyone in the draft.
Oh how i dream that Colorado drafted him.. Would have solved our 2nd Center for the next decade. Now we can only hope Makar lives up to his potential as I always thought he was a reach at #4 overall

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Pettersson and Boeser are some very nice players , if Vancouver keeps going like this , they could get another solid player in 2019 and start acquiring complimentary players to fill out the team.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Pettersson and Boeser are some very nice players , if Vancouver keeps going like this , they could get another solid player in 2019 and start acquiring complimentary players to fill out the team.

I think we’re two top 10 picks away from being a playoff team. Assuming we can get an elite forward in the 2019 draft and then a top 4 dman in the 2020 draft, we should be set assuming our goalie prospects work out. Will definitely need to find another top 6 winger as well.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I think we’re two top 10 picks away from being a playoff team. Assuming we can get an elite forward in the 2019 draft and then a top 4 dman in the 2020 draft, we should be set assuming our goalie prospects work out. Will definitely need to find another top 6 winger as well.

To 10 picks won't help you in the near future. The Canucks are many pieces away from being a playoff team, especially on defense. The current prospect pool is very thin as well, they need to sign a good goalie. Never count on a goalie prospect to pan out, they usually won't.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
To 10 picks won't help you in the near future. The Canucks are many pieces away from being a playoff team, especially on defense. The current prospect pool is very thin as well, they need to sign a good goalie. Never count on a goalie prospect to pan out, they usually won't.

It depends on how players like Hughes, Woo, Gaudette, Madden, Juolevi, Lind, and Rathbone turn out. If a couple of them turn into solid NHLers then we are looking pretty good. I think Hughes is a slam dunk to be a top 4 dman that can quarter back the PP. Gaudette has looked solid so far, and Madden, Woo, and Rathbone are all having good years as well.

Markstrom is a good enough goalie to make the playoffs with, he just won’t be a difference maker for the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad