NFL: Russell Wilson benched - his Broncos tenure appears to be over

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
LOLOL

He ain’t turning down $97 million

He took the money and had to deal with the fakest player in NFL history.

Like he wasn’t going to get paid by others?

& if he only cared money then again that’s 100% on him.
He would have had multiple options available and he could have picked a place where he’d have helluva lot more fun while making an insane amount of money

Last edited:

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Like he wasn’t going to get paid by others?

& if he only cared money then again that’s 100% on him.
He would have had multiple options available and he could have picked a place where he’s have helluva lot more fun while making an insane amount of money

You ain’t touching Walmart money

Rappaport said as much. They were going to outpay anybody else.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
You ain’t touching Walmart money

Rappaport said as much. They were going to outpay anybody else.

You just see others starting to ask 15M per year without Paytons CV.

Again if you only value money, especially when you are set for life and your kids and their kids it’s again on you.

Edit, & apparently Dolphins were making an 100M offer for Payton in 2022, the money would have been there, on top of having much more fun

Last edited:

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado

Again if you only value money, especially when you are set for life and your kids and their kids it’s again on you.

Edit, & apparently Dolphins were making an 100M offer for Payton in 2022, the money would have been there, on top of having much more fun

Nope walton family would have outbid them and it wouldn’t have been close

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021

I don't think it was just money, I think it was also ego. Payton might have thought he could "fix" the Denver offense and wanted that challenge, and ended up thinking he might have bitten off more than he could chew or something.

Karterthadon

Nov 1, 2022
It just might be a personnality clash. Russell is a ginormous dork it seems like and having to work with him on a daily basis, combined with the severe decline in ability, was just too much to handle.

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
It just might be a personnality clash. Russell is a ginormous dork it seems like and having to work with him on a daily basis, combined with the severe decline in ability, was just too much to handle.

I mean he had offensive lineman running off the field and were caught on mic screaming at him “grow a franking pulse”

Then marshawn lynch airing out what it is like to be his teammate where he essentially said “talk to my manager before you call me”

My favorite photo
IMG_9259.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: LT

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Nope walton family would have outbid them and it wouldn’t have been close

How are you arguing against my point?

Peyton went all in for money and everything he’s getting he can take the credit and stop crying.
He knew exactly the situation he went into yet loves to cry about it.

& poor baby if 5 years and 100M from elsewhere would have been so devastating
Imagine making 20M a year and having fun, the horror

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
How are you arguing against my point?

Peyton went all in for money and everything he’s getting he can take the credit and stop crying.
He knew exactly the situation he went into yet loves to cry about it.

& poor baby if 5 years and 100M from elsewhere would have been so devastating

So

You replied to me

What the Frank are you talking about?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I don't think it was just money, I think it was also ego. Payton might have thought he could "fix" the Denver offense and wanted that challenge, and ended up thinking he might have bitten off more than he could chew or something.

So again it’s all on him.

He should just stop crying.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
You replied to me

What the Frank are you talking about?

You said he wasn’t turning away from 97M.

I told you he would have gotten that same money elsewhere, where he wouldn’t have had to deal with Russell situation

Peyton knew the situation, Peyton still went there, it’s his fault and he can stop crying about.

So what’s your point exactly?

You said he wouldn’t have gotten the money elsewhere and just had to go to Denver when he would have gotten the same money elsewhere without Russell to deal with…..

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
You said he wasn’t turning away from 97M.

I told you he would have gotten that same money elsewhere, where he wouldn’t have had to deal with Russell situation

Peyton knew the situation, Peyton still went there, it’s his fault and he can stop crying about.

So what’s your point exactly?

You said he wouldn’t have gotten the money elsewhere and just had to go to Denver when he would have gotten the same money elsewhere without Russell to deal with…..

Then they would have traded the picks for him
Did you see other teams trading the picks and offering the money?
That’s what I thought

That’s the only way he could have gotten money.
If teams were serious then they would have traded the picks

pretty easy to see Miami wasn’t serious

Miami wasn’t serious so they tried to skirt around them then were fined a milli and picks or they simply would have contacted the saints.

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Payton did everything he could to turn around this dude and Denver is still TRASH

that shows you how far gone Wilson is
he thinks the game at a glacial pace
not liked by fans as he doesnt even have the top 3 selling jersey on the team

George Paton should be fired

Wilson is one of the most unlikable players I have seen, he's a damn robot that rubs everyone the wrong way.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Payton did everything he could to turn around this dude and Denver is still TRASH

that shows you how far gone Wilson is
he thinks the game at a glacial pace
not liked by fans as he doesnt even have the top 3 selling jersey on the team

George Paton should be fired

Wilson is one of the most unlikable players I have seen, he's a damn robot that rubs everyone the wrong way.

Pete Carroll took a lot of unnecessary criticism on how he was treating Russell Wilson with kid gloves. Fast forward years later, Russell Wilson outside of the Pete Carroll system has been absolutely horrible. Carroll understood what his strengths and weaknesses are, Russ thought he was hot shit because all the NFL media were pumping his tires with ‘let Russ cook’.

We saw what was cooking and it was bullshit. Also, Russ talked about being MVP and grow a trophy case like Manning and Brady. Hell no, at his age the athleticism of Russ is gone. It seems like he wants to be a pocket quarterback but that wasn’t his game, he never quite learned how to be a pocket quarterback.

The Pete Carroll system turned Geno Smith, who was written off for scraps become comeback player of the year, hell he makes Drew Lock competent. The game hasn’t gone by Pete, he knows what he’s doing.

Last edited:

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Denver has one of the worst defenses in NFL

Wilson has been far from the problem even if he isn't amazing or QB of past

LOLOL

their defense was the reason they won 5 games in a row, not wilson, they only ask him not to frank it up, they forced 15 takeaways during that span of 5 games and gave him short fields.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Contractually, for 2024, what kind of deal can Russ get?

2 mid level QBs who both had pros and cons last off-season managed to get:

Jimmy G, $22mill base for 2023 (though he converted $20.3 mill into a bonus) to free up cap room for LV, and his $11.25 mill base for 2024 is fully guaranteed. Had a roster bonus of another $11.25 mill for 2024 that becomes guaranteed in March. Plan was ultimately to get him at 2 years for around $46 mill total, but will end up costing LV $34 mill for just 1 season.

Carr, same thing, $28 mill Signing bonus, $2 mill base in 2023, $30 mill base for 2024 is fully guaranteed, but another $10 mill roster bonus for 2025 becomes fully guaranteed in March 2024. 1 year would cost NO $60 mill, 2 years would cost them $70 mill ($35 mill average).

I don't think Russ is getting either one of those contracts in the open market given the 2 years he had with Denver. He's realistically looking at just 1 year average salary guaranteed at this point.

He's banking $39 mill for 2024, with the bulk of it coming from Denver. He can sign a Baker type contract at like $8.5 mill or something to be another team's stopgap QB.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Then they would have traded the picks for him
Did you see other teams trading the picks and offering the money?
That’s what I thought

That’s the only way he could have gotten money.
If teams were serious then they would have traded the picks

pretty easy to see Miami wasn’t serious

Miami wasn’t serious so they tried to skirt around them then were fined a milli and picks or they simply would have contacted the saints.

Sorry but you lost the argument and just went into fantasy land.

Peyton would have had multiple options available and the same money.

He needs to quit crying and blaming everything in Russell, he went there knowing the score

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Denver has one of the worst defenses in NFL

Wilson has been far from the problem even if he isn't amazing or QB of past

Eh. Just from pure stat watching but they don't win that Chicago game without the fumble return TD in the 4th, or the Buffalo game without 4 turnovers, or the Minnesota game without 3 turnovers.

Meanwhile some of the tight losses look kinda worrying from the play recap. Having to settle for a FG after getting to the Washington 1 because of Wilson getting sacked twice, throwing back to back interceptions on the last two possessions of the game vs Houston, going three and out vs Vegas (and needing a roughing the kicker penalty to rescue his prior drive)

Its pure stat watching so I might be wrong, but it looks like Denver got their wins on the days their defence showed up, and when they needed Wilson to win a close one he was very inconsistent about answering the call.

Reactions: LT

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Sorry but you lost the argument and just went into fantasy land.

Peyton would have had multiple options available and the same money.

He needs to quit crying and blaming everything in Russell, he went there knowing the score
I think you're greatly overselling how many suitors Sean Payton had at the price the Broncos paid. Didn't he only have a couple of other teams talk to him? I don't remember any big bidding war.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad