Oilers are third in playoff wins since 2021

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
View attachment 874078

I keep reading that Drai and McD want out because the Oilers are so bad. We are currently third in playoff wins since 2021 with 22 wins. Not many teams doing better than us in the last 3 years. We are keeping elite company.

Note: Stars may catch us and push us to 4th. If we, somehow, win the series we'll be second behind the Panthers with 26.
Why 2021?

Only 1 of your top 5 has won a cup?

Help me understand your arbitrary pick of '21.

Thanks.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
No one was beating Colorado and Oilers won as many games against Vegas as anyone.

The best team in history, Dallas got outscored 21-12 by Vegas last season.

But this argument is too juvenile. Have a good night son.
Really? Someone earlier was just tryna tell me half the sportsnet blowhards picked the Oilers to beat the Avs

Regular season is meaningless. Dallas looks to have "it" just like Vegas and Colorado did the last 2 years

G'night gramps, don't fade away in your sleep

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
No one was beating Colorado and Oilers won as many games against Vegas as anyone.

The best team in history, Dallas got outscored 21-12 by Vegas last season.

But this debate is too juvenile. Backed by a single stat line with zero else for thought or analysis. Have a good night son.
It's the worst of both worlds, a kings fan who watches us run Doughty and Kopitar into an early retirement and a Leafs fan trying to cope that the only difference between our teams is lucky alignment. Bias is as obvious as the Fraud 4s choking habits.

Reactions: onetweasy

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
You were lucky enough to get a generational player. I sure hope Edmonton is in the top 5 for playoff wins (although the period last 3 years is too short of a sample size).
At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter. Still no Cup. I rather have 16 wins but a cup than be first at 25 wins but zero Cups.

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
Please. Flames could barely win a single playoff game for years, no one thought they were legit
What previous flames teams didnis irrelevant. They were notnthe same players on the team. And yes calgary was rated as a favorite and beat dallas that year who is on this list.

Don’t know why you’d sort by wins and not win percentage.
Because if you win several seriesn1 yeat then fail to makenthe playoffs the next several years, youll keep a nice shiny win percentage. Id say its still better to make the playoffs even if you bow out in the first round lowering your win percentage.

Nogatco Rd

noble man who is loved by many animal
Apr 3, 2021

Hindsight is 20/20
Carl bringing the heat in that comment section

Carl Spackler MAY 2, 2022​
I hear the Leaves visited an orphanage just on the outskirts of GTA.
"It's heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope", said Jose, age 6.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Pens got Fleury, Geno and Crosby in 3 consecutive drafts--Oiler got McDavid and Nuge who most would say he would go 5th. Fans gang up on the oilers but overlook at how many HIGH picks other teams have had that lead to dynasties and other things

Penguins traded for Fluery's pick

Reactions: sanscosm

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
I don't think a bunch of wins against the Kings is much to write home about.

onetweasy

"That's just like, your opinion, man"
Oct 16, 2005
Bowling Alley
That is impressive since they have zero third-round wins.

They don't do well against good teams.

I always thought bragging about being a better loser was weird.

Every team outside of Vegas and Colorado in their respective Cup years flat out sucks! Weird.

onetweasy

"That's just like, your opinion, man"
Oct 16, 2005
Bowling Alley
Its one thing to pick Calgary to beat an 8 seed, it's another type of delusion to pick the Oilers to beat the Avs. I had Dallas winning that series, and I had the winner of the short bus series getting obliterated by the winner of the central.

The Avs had an easier time with Edmonton than they did with St Louis. Just like this year Dallas will have am easier time with Edmonton than they did with the 2 recent Cup winners.

The Flames were frauds, much like the Canucks were this year. And so are the Oilers. There's a reason they get clapped every time they face a contender.

If the Oilers beat Dallas (with no shenanigans like an injured Otter) you can tell me to shove it where the sun don't shine and you'll be right. But until then their 2-12 record in this span against legit teams speaks for itself.

Dallas is the measuring stick team, and since the playoff started its been obvious whoever came out of the central was going to be the favorite. But much like the Leafs losing in embarrassing fashion, it seems like it's just that time of year where the Oilers lose to one of the big dog teams again after fooling everyone into thinking they're not frauds.

I'm ripe for a dish of crow on this one if I'm wrong. But until the Oilers beat a team like Dallas I'll die on the hill that they're frauds

Wait so the Oilers were "clapped" by Vegas? Sorry, I cannot really take anyone serious if that is their stance cause it is honestly just garbage and clearly screams of someone driving a narrative.

Sure, the Avs super team clapped the Oilers and pretty much the entire league that year. You got one!

Anyway, would not want to waste your 6 paragraph narrative about why the Oilers are frauds so cheers.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Crazy how you can open any Oilers thread and it’s just Leafs fans saying they actually suck

I’ve never seen such cope

• Haha
Reactions: Coffey

Z-Diddy

Mar 20, 2004
Uh... Brooklyn!
8qy3zr.jpg

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Please. Flames could barely win a single playoff game for years, no one thought they were legit

Allen: Flames in six
Bolden: Flames in seven
Boucher: Flames in six
Buccigross: Flames in six
Callahan: Flames in five
Campbell-Pascall: Flames in six
Chandan: Flames in six
Cohn: Oilers in six
DiPietro: Flames in six
Ferraro: Flames in seven
Hextall: Flames in six
Kaplan: Flames in six
Kavanagh: Oilers in seven
Knight: Flames in six
La Greca: Flames in six
Lawrence-Riddell: Flames in seven
Levy: Flames in seven
Matiash: Flames in seven
McDonough: Flames in seven
Messier: Oilers in six
Mleczko: Flames in six
Öcal: Oilers in seven
Shilton: Flames in six
Tortorella: Flames in six
Weekes: Flames in seven
Wischusen: Flames in seven
Wyshynski: Flames in seven

Consensus pick: Flames, 23/27

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Your team has won a single round in two decades I don’t understand why you’re posting

Our teams have the same amount of cups in that timeframe as well, bragging about losing is never something that made sense to me.

There is a thread in the main board about how good the Oilers have done and they have 0 third round wins...

I just felt the need to remind people that losing is not doing well.

I'd say the Oilers are a top 10 team recently... but "3rd most wins in this very specific and small window" is a silly thread.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
JFC this thread. The McDavid draft was nearly a decade ago now, let it go Leafs fans, let it go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad