q2.svg
MINORS SALARY
q2.svg
2018-19$880,833$2,854,166$920,000$92,500$700,000$792,500$70,000
2019-20$880,833$2,854,166$2,500,000$92,500$832,500$925,000$70,000
2020-21$880,833$2,854,166$2,500,000$92,500$832,500$925,000$70,000
TOTAL$2,642,499$8,562,498$5,920,000$277,500$2,365,000$2,642,500$210,000
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
P. BONUS DETAILS: 2018-19 Games Played Bonus: $25,000 (5 Playoff games) + $107,500 (10 Playoff games), Club 'B' Bonuses: $787,500 (Player wins Conn Smythe)

That's Cale Makar salary. I don't know what the PB are for this year, but I would say it is safe that he will hit some of them. I would expect Samberg to ask between what Makar gets and more than Fox, as a top college prospect.

Little I would assume LTIR. Unless he retires.

Samberg is no Makar. I'm sure there will be bonuses but not likely that high. And then he has to earn them.

An LTIR'd salary isn't gone. The team has to exceed the cap before relief kicks in. Then it can't be used to cover bonus money, like what you are giving Samberg.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Some of Helle's stats so far this season...

.667 winning percentage or he wins 2 out of every 3 games he plays.
.934 sv % for 3nd place.
2.17 goals against for 4th place.
Has played 22 of 27 games...3 goalies have played 23.

Where would we be without his stellar play this year?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

.934 sv % for 3nd place.

If we raise the number of games played so that it is limited to starters, Helle is 2nd in sv%.

Reactions: GNP and 10Ducky10

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny

.934 sv % for 3nd place.

Probably battling Chicago for the "master suite in the basement" in the Central!
I am likening Helle to a magnificent fruit tree, one which produces pristine product every 2nd year! Hope the rest of the team catches up and does their part to make the most of this "Helle-of-a-growing Season".

powder88

Nov 21, 2013
With the Little and Kulikov injuries alongside Buff's situation, we could arrive at the trade deadline with loads of cap space. I'm not sure this team is any sort fo real contender without at least a couple fo additional pieces, but I wonder if there are a few future assets to be picked up by taking a couple of cap dumps that expire after this season.

I'm not sure TNSE is in the business of spending their money this way, but cap space is an enormous asset in this league and the Jets will likely have a lot of it; especially if the Buff dispute goes their way. Would you take on $10 million worth of not-so-useful players fro the rest of the year for a couple of second round picks and a young second pair D-man?

Alternatively, you could look at acquiring a couple of useful players, but my feeling is the price will be too high and we aren't that close anyway.

Thoughts?

Reactions: Huffer and hn777

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
With the Little and Kulikov injuries alongside Buff's situation, we could arrive at the trade deadline with loads of cap space. I'm not sure this team is any sort fo real contender without at least a couple fo additional pieces, but I wonder if there are a few future assets to be picked up by taking a couple of cap dumps that expire after this season.

I'm not sure TNSE is in the business of spending their money this way, but cap space is an enormous asset in this league and the Jets will likely have a lot of it; especially if the Buff dispute goes their way. Would you take on $10 million worth of not-so-useful players fro the rest of the year for a couple of second round picks and a young second pair D-man?

Alternatively, you could look at acquiring a couple of useful players, but my feeling is the price will be too high and we aren't that close anyway.

Thoughts?
Teams aren't usually looking to Dump salary at the TD as 3/4 of the season has already been paid, and even cap dumps have some use as depth come playoff time. Unless the wheels fall off I'd expect Chevy to be more of a buyer again rather than a seller. Saying that I don't think he will put the 1st in play. I see lesser assets for depth pieces at the TD.

Reactions: Huffer and Duke749

bennylundholm

Sep 7, 2014
I don't think New Jersey would trade Severson for a forward, with the risk of losing both Vatanen and Greene at the end of the season. Would love to get Vatanen off the Devils, but they should be trying to get a 1st for him, or a blue chip prospect for him.

I think the Flames would consider Vesalainen for Hamonic, but I am not sure that the Jets are ready to give up on Vesalainen. He could provide an internal replacement to Perreault. Or in on Hamonic.

What I am wondering is what happens with Buff after his surgery. If he doesn't want to retire and doesn't want to play for the Jets either, what can Chevy do? What's Buff TD value? I mean would a team hungry for the playoffs like Buffalo consider trading Ristolainen for Buff? Buff would give the Sabres some identity, and some playoff experience. Ristolainen has an extra year of contract, could be a PP QB to replace Buff, and has a physical presence, if not the toughness. Furthermore he would fit the salary structure now based around Morrissey as the leader on defense.

How bad of a defense would Morrissey-Ristolainen, Kulikov-Pionk, Sbisa/Poolman/Beaulieu/Bitetto on the bottom pair, be, with Samberg a candidate to take Kulikov's spot too. And Niku in the mix. That's a deep enough defense in my mind.
I don't think any teams will want to touch Buff unless they only have to give up mid-round draft picks or 3rd line/5/6 Dmen, B prospects. Too many question marks.
Jets would be best to convince Buff to play and hope for some BUFF MAGIC!

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I think if Buff wants to continue playing the best thing to do is move him and i think teams would be lined up to get a player like buff at the deadline.

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015

Thoughts?

Jake Muzzin has definitely fallen out of favour in Toronto. Same cap hit as Kulikov's roster spot and an upgrade for next year. Leafs would be happy to dump him for a 3rd pairing plug to free up the 4m next year. Could probably trade straight up for Kulikov actually so the Leafs just get an expiring contract

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Jake Muzzin has definitely fallen out of favour in Toronto. Same cap hit as Kulikov's roster spot and an upgrade for next year. Leafs would be happy to dump him for a 3rd pairing plug to free up the 4m next year. Could probably trade straight up for Kulikov actually so the Leafs just get an expiring contract

Muzzin is a pending UFA. I don’t want him. I think his foot speed is going to fall off fast and he will be Mark Stuart esque

Upperdeckjet

Dec 14, 2011
Muzzin's contract expires at the end of this year as well, according to CapFriendly. Plus he's a lefty. If our defense has a strong side, current and future, its the left side.

Reactions: hn777

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Seems like Muzzin was okay in a big, slower style with the Kings but is out of sync with a quick puck-moving style.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I can't see the Jets being in on a LHD. But I have no idea what negotiations with Samberg will look like. Could add both him and Heinola to the playoff roster, if we make the playoffs. Without them well it is pure patchwork: Kulikov, Beaulieu, Sbisa, all on expiring contracts. To me that right side depth has to be addressed. I think the Jets would ideally like to move Poolman out of a top 4 role, into the comfort level of a bottom pairing.

Buff is the biggest asset the Jets have not in the lineup. Doesn't seem like things are good between management and him, if he comes off surgery, I think you can get a pretty good player in return for him. I mean he's a legit #1 defensemen. Who else can offer that at the deadline, with a year left to boot? Otherwise I would say Niku is the next asset potentially on the block, to get a top 4 d-man. And he wouldn't get that alone on his potential.

I'd say every forward in the top 9 is pretty safe right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad