Rumours & Trade & Free Agent Discussion 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Anyone interested in Puljujarvi, not specially b/c we have any great need for wingers in general but he does have past connections with Laine (not saying playing them as linemates). If you're not interested ok no biggie, if you would in theory be interested what would you give up for him (he's certainly doesn't hold the value of his draft position anymore)?

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Anyone interested in Puljujarvi, not specially b/c we have any great need for wingers in general but he does have past connections with Laine (not saying playing them as linemates). If you're not interested ok no biggie, if you would in theory be interested what would you give up for him (he's certainly doesn't hold the value of his draft position anymore)?
Maybe Nathan Beaulieu? Or Buff and Edm adds a D prospect.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011

I don't know what Edmonton needs, and certainly we don't have a great prospect pool to sacrifice. Don't see us as trading partners. I think Little's injury, and Vesalainen's slow start have us needing some forward depth, because Perreault is now a full top 9 forward, and with Apples out there are not alot of options past him. Would give us more versatility.

Right now I'd like to get Dale Weise out of Montreal. They would like retain salary to move him. Just to have a veteran on this team, who has scored NHL goals, and knows how to play in the corners. Probably cost nothing, maybe a prospect like Kraskovsky. With Little out, and Apples and Bourque out for a while someone has to step up into the 4th line and make something happen. Not sure who is a viable option on the Moose. Is Harkins next? Chibisov? I am always impressed with Seth Griffith as an intelligent player. Maybe we try Chibisov-Harkins-Griffith as a 4th line, who now have some chemistry, and send Luoto and Shaw back.

Last edited:

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I don't know what Edmonton needs, and certainly we don't have a great prospect pool to sacrifice. Don't see us as trading partners. I think Little's injury, and Vesalainen's slow start have us needing some forward depth, because Perreault is now a full top 9 forward, and with Apples out there are not alot of options past him. Would give us more versatility.

Right now I'd like to get Dale Weise out of Montreal. They would like retain salary to move him. Just to have a veteran on this team, who has scored NHL goals, and knows how to play in the corners. Probably cost nothing, maybe a prospect like Kraskovsky. With Little out, and Apples and Bourque out for a while someone has to step up into the 4th line and make something happen. Not sure who is a viable option on the Moose. Is Harkins next? Chibisov? I am always impressed with Seth Griffith as an intelligent player. Maybe we try Chibisov-Harkins-Griffith as a 4th line, who now have some chemistry, and send Luoto and Shaw back.

MTL would probably want a late round pick more than Kraskovsky. Is he even considered a prospect anymore?

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Looking at all these developing teams and it’s amazing we’ve only had top 5 pick since moving to Winnipeg. Compare that to the devils who’ve had 2 or the oilers. Amazing really.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Looking at all these developing teams and it’s amazing we’ve only had top 5 pick since moving to Winnipeg. Compare that to the devils who’ve had 2 or the oilers. Amazing really.
From 2011-16, the Jets had the 3rd highest average first round draft pick (after Edmonton, who picked 1st overall 3 times in those 6 drafts, and Buffalo). The Jets only had the one Top 5 pick (Laine, 2OA), but were in the Top 10 for 4 of the 6 drafts over that period. If you count the botched Atlanta rebuild drafts, the franchise was second only to the Oilers in average first pick 2008-16.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
From 2011-16, the Jets had the 3rd highest average first round draft pick (after Edmonton, who picked 1st overall 3 times in those 6 drafts, and Buffalo). The Jets only had the one Top 5 pick (Laine, 2OA), but were in the Top 10 for 4 of the 6 drafts over that period. If you count the botched Atlanta rebuild drafts, the franchise was second only to the Oilers in average first pick 2008-16.

That's what everyone was saying, right? "Wow, the Jets are going to get so much talent from these four top-ten picks!"

And definitely not that they were merely "throwing darts" at the "mushy middle".

This is so disingenuous.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I don’t count the Atlanta period. That’s a really interesting fact. I’d rather 2 10a and draft later after that like Pittsburgh. After all top 5 picks are all but guaranteed to be stars.
Surprised Detroit hasn’t had more.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
I don’t count the Atlanta period. That’s a really interesting fact. I’d rather 2 10a and draft later after that like Pittsburgh. After all top 5 picks are all but guaranteed to be stars.

Zach Bogosian:
keMEa4G.jpg

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
That's what everyone was saying, right? "Wow, the Jets are going to get so much talent from these four top-ten picks!"

And definitely not that they were merely "throwing darts" at the "mushy middle".

This is so disingenuous.
Why u mad at the facts. Evil? The Jets had the 3rd highest average first pick in the draft from 2011-2016. 4 top 10, 1 of those in the top 5. You'd expect them to have amassed a really good pool of NHL-talent with that kind of positioning - and they did.

I think the mushy middle comments were more about the picks in the mid teens - you know, the "middle" of the first round? The Jets were fortunate to get a couple of very good players there - especially the Connor pick. I doubt he falls so far if Boston doesn't go off the board with their 3 picks. So, good pick position, good picking and good fortune all contributed...

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
There are no guarantees at the draft. Edmonton got a few pretty weak 1st overalls - Yak was a total bust, RNH is good but not great, Hall is great but still a bit disappointing. Gotta credit the Oilers - they kept trying until they hit the jackpot! :laugh:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Why u mad at the facts. Evil? The Jets had the 3rd highest average first pick in the draft from 2011-2016. 4 top 10, 1 of those in the top 5. You'd expect them to have amassed a really good pool of NHL-talent with that kind of positioning - and they did.

I think the mushy middle comments were more about the picks in the mid teens - you know, the "middle" of the first round? The Jets were fortunate to get a couple of very good players there - especially the Connor pick. I doubt he falls so far if Boston doesn't go off the board with their 3 picks. So, good pick position, good picking and good fortune all contributed...

Every time someone brings up Bruins '15 draft I shake my head. Then I ask myself how it is possible for them to be as good as they are now with how badly they have drafted. But in most drafts they have managed to find 1 outstanding player, often with a later pick; McAvoy at 14, Carlo at 37, Pastrnak at 25. Consider how little they got out of the Seguin and Hamilton trades though and it is all the more remarkable that they can be so good right now.

Then I shake my head again and think about just how good they could be if they had simply skipped the 3 players they took in '15 and taken the next 3 instead. Subtract Debrusk and add Barzal, Connor and Chabot. Wow! Just ...... Wow!

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
There are no guarantees at the draft. Edmonton got a few pretty weak 1st overalls - Yak was a total bust, RNH is good but not great, Hall is great but still a bit disappointing. Gotta credit the Oilers - they kept trying until they hit the jackpot! :laugh:
But it would be nice to get Makar one year and the next Byram. There are good players late but it’s easy to make the mistake of being Ves over Frost.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
MP to the Habs for a D prospect. Drouin gone for weeks, they’re going to start falling in the standings fast.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Multi teams struggling out there and/or about to be hit with cap issues with guys returning to the roster. Chevy going to make deal and get someone at a reduced cost and/or dump a contract?

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
MP to the Habs for a D prospect. Drouin gone for weeks, they’re going to start falling in the standings fast.

Not that I wouldn't do it for a guy like Brook, but with the recent play of the Jets and where they are in the standings, and with our lack of depth, isn't moving MP pretty unlikely at this point?

Multi teams struggling out there and/or about to be hit with cap issues with guys returning to the roster. Chevy going to make deal and get someone at a reduced cost and/or dump a contract?

That's what I'm hoping for. Especially some cheap and actual useful help on the 4th line.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Maybe go the other way and get Hamonic/Brodie for Perrault

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Not that I wouldn't do it for a guy like Brook, but with the recent play of the Jets and where they are in the standings, and with our lack of depth, isn't moving MP pretty unlikely at this point?

That's what I'm hoping for. Especially some cheap and actual useful help on the 4th line.

Not sure if cap wise we can afford him next year assuming we go after 1-2 FA this summer and partly depends on Buff resolution. Might be no better time to trade MP and not have to pay to get rid of his contract.

Maybe go the other way and get Hamonic/Brodie for Perrault

Maybe MP plus a bit? Hammer is having a down year.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Not sure if cap wise we can afford him next year assuming we go after 1-2 FA this summer and partly depends on Buff resolution. Might be no better time to trade MP and not have to pay to get rid of his contract.

Maybe MP plus a bit? Hammer is having a down year.

Mp has the extra year so i think that would negate any add on our part.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Mp has the extra year so i think that would negate any add on our part.

Maybe.....I would think Hammer should improve his play. I might be a bit concerned if he demanded any long term deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad