Rumours & Trade & Free Agent Discussion 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Agreed. I think the idea of Buff coming back at any point is extremely optimistic.

I think 4-8 weeks from whenever he starts serious training would be the earliest. At 34 he isn't going to get back in shape in a hurry.

Just the time frame from the articles from when he had the surgery. For example this tweet:

View attachment 312259

"Upwards of 4 months" makes me think that's the longer end of the recovery timeframe. 4 months from mid/late October is mid/late February.

Upwards of 4 months means minimum 4 months, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, at the earliest. That was recovery from the surgery, not in playing shape. Allow at least 4 weeks to get into shape and it is the end of Mar. Jets last game is Apr 4. Unless Jets make the PO, which looks highly unlikely right now, he may make it back for a very few games.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I think 4-8 weeks from whenever he starts serious training would be the earliest. At 34 he isn't going to get back in shape in a hurry.

Upwards of 4 months means minimum 4 months, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, at the earliest. That was recovery from the surgery, not in playing shape. Allow at least 4 weeks to get into shape and it is the end of Mar. Jets last game is Apr 4. Unless Jets make the PO, which looks highly unlikely right now, he may make it back for a very few games.
That also likely means that he isn't worth anything in a trade as no one will have got a chance to see him play before deciding whether they want him or not so it is highly unlikely we get a 1st or a high prospect for him even if we retain a lot.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
That also likely means that he isn't worth anything in a trade as no one will have got a chance to see him play before deciding whether they want him or not so it is highly unlikely we get a 1st or a high prospect for him even if we retain a lot.

Certainly not a TD trade anyway. If he can be fully recovered in the off-season, someone might take a chance on him - if he indicates that he really wants to play.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I would hope Chevy is looking to add to the D group. A few names that have surfaced in trade discussions - Manson, Dumba and Mayfield -would ge great adds to the team. Obviously not all valued the same (and no idea if any are really on the trade market) but I think some combo of Roslovic / Vesalainen / Poolman* / Perrault / Lowry* could land us a top 4 dman with some term remaining. Start rebuilding the D for next season. Hopefully get Samberg on board for next year. Possibly Heinola too. If Buff returns to hockey he will be an asset whether on the Jets or traded somewhere.

* Poolman and Lowry are injured so that is an issue in the short term. I include Lowry because I was thinking he and Mayfield are good comparables and NYI are looking for a 3 C.

I think Josh Manson would be great for the Jets. He has size and plays something like Trouba --with some grit and that's what we need. Also his father Dave Manson played for the Jets about 20 years ago, if I'm not mistaken ? He's from Saskatchewan, I believe, so he should be a good fit here.

I have not seen Dumba and Mayfield play -- but I really like Josh Manson. Be great if the Jet's could pick him up somehow.

Reactions: Channelcat

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015

I think Josh Manson would be great for the Jets. He has size and plays something like Trouba --with some grit and that's what we need.
I agree. We need a D man that concentrates more on D than O. Somebody that does it with more skill than the AHLers we have trying to do that now.
Give the Ducks a 1st in 2021 and 4th in 2020 and MP with 1.375m retained. Manson would be a good 1st pairing with JMo and kill some penalties as well. He doesn't have the mean streak Trouba does and nowhere near as crazy as his dad but I'd love to see him in a Jets' uni.

I honestly think Chevy should make some moves and make a run for the playoffs but not necessarily for rentals. Manson is signed for two more seasons after this one for a reasonable 4.1m caphit.
Find out what is what with Buff and get a decision. If not, take a good chunk of Buff's cash and go after an UFA in the off season for Pionk to play with.
We're wasting a pretty freaking good year by Helle and who knows what could happen if a team gets hot just before the playoffs.
I'd rather be the last team to make the playoffs and get a lower draft pick than not make it and move up a couple of spots...especially if you have a hot goalie.
Our usual D corps this season costs us less than 11m.

Reactions: GNP

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
About a month till the trade deadline and once the Jets get back on the ice continuing losses mean only one thing...................sell sell sell

jetswin

Jul 24, 2011
About a month till the trade deadline and once the Jets get back on the ice continuing losses mean only one thing...................sell sell sell
Would love to see us go on a run after the break, but realistically if we won 2 of the first 4 we should be estatic. 4 losses (very possible) has to result in some change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad