Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Soli Stinks, and Yak Yakking His Way Out, Mod Post #642

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Sad that you have to cherry pick seasons to try and defend Nugent Band Aid.

But if it makes you feel any better, Hall is playing like he wants out. So we will probably be stuck on Band Aid.

I figured you'd go for Eberle next, but looks like it's Nuge, really odd, but hey you can't choose who you hate.

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
In light of the overall tone of the board I thought this was pretty funny:

since the Avs and Oilers are both talking about blowing up their core, I wonder if there is a deal to be made. Both teams have high end talent but looking for a different mix.

Both teams have coach / gm tandems who are on the same page and are not afraid to make a big deal.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
since the Avs and Oilers are both talking about blowing up their core, I wonder if there is a deal to be made. Both teams have high end talent but looking for a different mix.

Both teams have coach / gm tandems who are on the same page and are not afraid to make a big deal.

the issue there is that both teams are built roughly the same. They would be looking to trade forwards for defense.

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015

There's nothing they have I would want.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Erik Johnson is having a big down year. Wonder if we'd be able to pry him away.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

Interesting possibility.

Landeskog (5.6m) and Barrie (RFA)

for

Hall (6.0m), Nurse (0.9m) and #31.

Go big or go home.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
While many claim now to know that the current roster spot won't cut it, hindsight is 20/20. A hell of a lot of clarity comes from this 5-0 drubbing.

But I doubt many were so confident that blowing this up was the right thing to do as the team would show some signs of turning things around. The recent Cali games are good examples. Everyone's wanted the core to work. No shame in wanting it so bad that we've believed too strongly - and blindly? - in the vision.

I think that the proof is now in, though. For all to see. There are no longer any stragglers.

But it's hard to blame any fan, media included, to have held out for what they'd hoped to see happen...to complain resoundingly one minute and then to have bought back in to the dream the next.

Tychkowsky's bang on. In both aspects, in holding the players AND those around them accountable. I think it's now that everyone fully believes it and is set for radical change. Chia's the most objective of the bunch, and won't hold back. Now.
From day one most were saying we needed help on defense. We weren't even one injury away from having one of the worse d-corps in the league, we were damn near there when healthy. Thank god Davidson looked pretty decent.

If it took people until this 5-0 loss to have clarity then you must've had a pretty good ****ing time watching this team this year. This crap play, lack of effort, lack of heart has been there all year, but generally the skilled players would eventually bounce back and we'd have a string of a few decent games.

Players need to be accountable, but at some point you have to give them the proper tools. Essentially we are working with ringette sticks on the point and can't even get the puck to the skilled players.

As much as the players need to be changed it's not their fault that the team is built wrong.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
The amount of changes some people are predicting/wanting to happen in just one offseason is very unlikely. I don't think Chia pulls the trigger on 2 of Nuge, Hall and Ebs. One of them will be gone IMO, most likely Ebs but I doubt we see 2 out of those 3 players traded. Are they available? Sure but I don't think Chia finds the right deal for RNH and Hall. With Yak being as good as gone too, that is 3 of our 5 "core" players from 2013 that will be off our roster come next season.

Giggli G

Sep 8, 2006
I get the sense that Chia is ultimately going to be responsible for trading both Seguin and Hall! But I hope the Hall return will be better.

Oct 15, 2008
I figured you'd go for Eberle next, but looks like it's Nuge, really odd, but hey you can't choose who you hate.

I figured you'd finally admit how wrong you were about Horcoff, Gagner, Lowe, Mact, ......nah, that's not true, I knew you would never have the stones to admit how you were so very wrong, over and over again.

It's quite sad actually.

dookers9

Mar 30, 2008
Edmonton
From day one most were saying we needed help on defense. We weren't even one injury away from having one of the worse d-corps in the league, we were damn near there when healthy. Thank god Davidson looked pretty decent.

If it took people until this 5-0 loss to have clarity then you must've had a pretty good ****ing time watching this team this year. This crap play, lack of effort, lack of heart has been there all year, but generally the skilled players would eventually bounce back and we'd have a string of a few decent games.

Players need to be accountable, but at some point you have to give them the proper tools. Essentially we are working with ringette sticks on the point and can't even get the puck to the skilled players.

As much as the players need to be changed it's not their fault that the team is built wrong.

Don't get me wrong...as a part season ticket holder myself, I've been inclined to complain as much as the next guy. My point is that in as much as we've all complained, I think that the hope has always been there that with the right circumstances, it needn't be blown up - yet again.

Most fans appear to have waffled between disgusted and "carefully intrigued" depending on the outcome of the last game. The consistency has not been there to be sure, but in the midst of the sample size suggesting otherwise, there's been hope. For many, at least. At minimum, a hope that apart from Yakupov who has publicly stated he wants out, the core could remain if only we could acquire a legit #1 dman.

But there was a particular depth to Saturday's suck that has certainly shattered any figment of optimism. And regardless of how many players actually do want out now, a good chunk need to be shown the door in favour of a blend that will stand a chance to end the optical abuse.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
Interesting possibility.

Landeskog (5.6m) and Barrie (RFA)

for

Hall (6.0m), Nurse (0.9m) and #31.

Go big or go home.

Surprisingly I like this. Salary is a bit to take on and it sucks to lose our truculence in Nurse but I think it would be a decent shakeup.

Jun 9, 2011
Why is Nurse in a deal for a dman? Sheesh. Keep Nurse, especially if he is protected in an expansion draft, just before he hits his stride.

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015
Why is Nurse in a deal for a dman? Sheesh. Keep Nurse, especially if he is protected in an expansion draft, just before he hits his stride.

Because we'd be moving a player who might be able to help us in a few years for one that can help us now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad