Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Soli Stinks, and Yak Yakking His Way Out, Mod Post #642

Status
Not open for further replies.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
This request was obviously pre trade deadline.
Now that things have changed and he's knocking it out of the park with Hall and Draisaitl we should thank our lucky star that we didn't ship him out for pennies.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Now that things have changed and he's knocking it out of the park with Hall and Draisaitl we should thank our lucky star that we didn't ship him out for pennies.

or he's trying to play himself to a decent landing spot.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I could see Yak in a trade for Hamonic. Maybe Yak + Davidson

It should definitely be out east. If he catches fire it should be far from us, and quite frankly the east is weaker and this gives him a good shot at salvaging his career.

I could see trading Yak for a project forward. Specifically, I think this could be just the asset for us to get a good 3rd line center. I like Eller a lot actually, but I get that he's not universally loved. There's got to be someone.

How about Tyler Bozak? Only 2 years left on his deal, so it doesn't step onto McDavid's next extension. He's a good 2C in a pinch, but I like him as 3C. His name has been tossed around a lot. I'm not sure about value, and who would have to add.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005

He is? This is news to me. He's lucky he's atleast getting at bats.

Anyways, this gives something for the media to talk about for the next two months and I think it'll actually be beneficial to artificially boosting his trade value. It'd be nice if he'd pot some goals to end the season though.

Also taking creative liberty with the thread title.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Quoted from near the end of the last thread in response to me stating we wouldn't trade yakupov and eberle unless we draft 2nd overall:

start quote: "Well let's say we draft Laine, we could pull a top 9 with:

Hall
Laine
Pouliot

and

Maroon
BLANK
Kassian

So we'd need to find a scoring RW in free agency....doable with our cap space potentially.

Also could move Leon to the RW." end quote

laine is a right hand shot, and maroon is a left hand shot who plays the LW so there a couple problems with that lineup... i would see it as:

Hall - <UFA signing>/drai
Maroon - Laine
Pouliot (if he's still with the team) - Kassian

i would agree that you would likely see drai as 1st line RW quite a bit if we wanted to load up the top-2 lines....something like:

hall-RNH-drai
maroon-mcdavid-laine

if we don't draft 2nd overall, there is no way we trade eberle and yak without bringing in 2 more right hand wingers somehow... without ebs and yak, our best right hand shot winger is kassian, which is scary beyond belief... even in the lineup above, we are VERY young, with maroon being the most veteran player, followed by hall, followed by RNH.... this is again pretty scary

Last edited:

Shredator

Oct 6, 2009
Edmonton
If we could get a player like Larrson or Hamonic that would be just swell

Yakupov isnt going anywhere. He is ours. He makes such poor hockey plays every single game. I honestly cant remember the last time, if ever, Yakupov has beaten a defender.

He jitters his way with the puck, the instant someone challenges him he does this silly spin-o-rama and throws the puck away.

No team would be foolish enough to give up any real asset for him.

He does some things well, but compared to NHL players you can see he just doesnt get it.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
If this was pre TDL it would explain why he's been going 100 mph on every play lately

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
So, if we are to believe it, he said something regarding they spoke to 8 teams or was it 8 teams interested?

Either the offers were so terrible Chia couldn't deal him without looking terrible or he's teaching him a lesson and making him earn it.

McJeety McJeet

Nov 5, 2011
Edmonton
Probably for the best and when it happens I hope Yak finds his game on whatever team he goes to. That said he isn't clean in all of this, his level of effort has improved the last few games and wouldn't you know his play is much better.

North

Jun 25, 2009
So, if we are to believe it, he said something regarding they spoke to 8 teams or was it 8 teams interested?

Either the offers were so terrible Chia couldn't deal him without looking terrible or he's teaching him a lesson and making him earn it.

Wasn't it one of the talking heads like Friedman or someone who said that Chia had a price in mind and it wasn't met?

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Yak will go someplace and play much better than he did here. Sucks to lose him but it is what it is. Hopefully he can be part of a package to bring back an impact D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad