Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread | Kyle Dubarelli Strikes Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Risky haha I would be scared that nurse eventually becomes a 50 point Dman and Drai consistently hits 100 points.

Ok, well then keep Barkov and change out Larsson for Nurse. Trochek and RNH have similar value IMO. Actually I think Trochek would have more based on his contract.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Ok, well then keep Barkov and change out Larsson for Nurse. Trochek and RNH have similar value IMO. Actually I think Trochek would have more based on his contract.
I thought Trochek was a fan favorite that FLA wasn't willing to move?

CaptainSexyPants

Sep 27, 2012
Risky haha I would be scared that nurse eventually becomes a 50 point Dman and Drai consistently hits 100 points.

I'd be more concerned with Ekblad getting concussed into retirement.

Also...we have maybe only half a dozen good players you can say are both 'good' and also 'not the problem'...not sure that trading 2 of them is the way to go. Keep those half a dozen and jettison everyone else, IMO.

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
In saying that how about we change the deal to Draisaitl+Nurse for Trochek+Ekblad
gross.
Draisaitl>trochek
And it won’t be long until people will be saying nurse>ekblad
Eklbald is making 7.5m a year and hasn’t developed nearly as much as one would hope from his rookie season. Guy has never hit 40 points in his career

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I'd be more concerned with Ekblad getting concussed into retirement.

Also...we have maybe only half a dozen good players you can say are both 'good' and also 'not the problem'...not sure that trading 2 of them is the way to go. Keep those half a dozen and jettison everyone else, IMO.
Guy has been quite healthy as of late. I know the history is there, but I don't know that I'm as afraid of it as I was a couple years ago.

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
Not sure what to think but what about Barkov+Ekblad for Draisaitl+Larsson? Thats a blockbuster but I think it helps us out going forward.

Wouldn't actively shop Draisaitl, but if I did would want Barkov type quality in return.
Ekblad contract is scary, especially considering his concussions. I think we need to add a top 4 D rather than exchange one.
Interesting proposal.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
gross.
Draisaitl>trochek
And it won’t be long until people will be saying nurse>ekblad
Eklbald is making 7.5m a year and hasn’t developed nearly as much as one would hope from his rookie season. Guy has never hit 40 points in his career
Neither has Nurse and Nurse is older.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
In 2 way game inec. Add that he has proven to be a 1c in this league and that he's cheaper and yeah Barkov > Drai.

The problem is that Barkov is only under contract for 3 more years, and Drai is under for another 6 years. We aren't going to win anything in the next 2 years, so you'd really only have Barkov for maybe 1 year of potentially winning something. Barkov has "roughly" the same production, maybe a little less, and is a bit better defensively. Over all, I'd say they are about equal players, very close at any point. The contract is a big differentiation point between the 2 of them however.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Then he's a better offensive player but Barkov is better defensively.
Barkov has proven to be able to run an NHL quality line, put up good points and is probably a future Selke guy. Draisaitl is an elite offensive winger who has only once carried his own line for a season.

Not saying Drai can't but Barkov is proven at it

Reactions: Aerrol

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Wouldn't actively shop Draisaitl, but if I did would want Barkov type quality in return.
Ekblad contract is scary, especially considering his concussions. I think we need to add a top 4 D rather than exchange one.
Interesting proposal.

Ekblad to me reminds me of a young Pronger or Hedman. The guy is due to break out in the next year or two. Definitely a top pairing guy. Ideally in my mind we coud keep Larsson but I think Florida would want someone who could eat the minutes. Anyways this is what I was thinking for a rough roster layout going into next season and beyond.

RNH-Mcdavid-?
?-Barkov-?
Khaira-?-Kassian
?-?-?

Klefbom-Ekblad
Sekera-Larsson
Russell-Bouchard

We'd still need wingers but we dont get any older making the trade which is the big thing and our defence becomes set for a long time if Nurse is the guy that goes with Jones in the pipeline.

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
Neither has Nurse and Nurse is older.
You’d have to be blind not to see that nurse has actually been on a nice progressive development curve. Nurse is going to be an absolute monster of a dman when he’s 30. I honestly think nurse will be taking over the number one D role from Klefbom within 2 years

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Keith Gretzky is hoping to be a buyer at the deadline, but won't sell the farm for a quick fix and of course has to see where the team is in the standings at the deadline.

Doesn't sound like much player movement between now and then.

I got this info via The Score app.

Edit: Copied and pasted:

Despite recording just three wins in their last 10 games, the Edmonton Oilers aren't ruling themselves out of the playoff picture. The club has fallen to 13th place in the Western Conference but remains just six points out of the final wild-card spot. The tight playoff race has interim general manager Keith Gretzky hopeful the team will be in a position to add ahead of the Feb. 25 trade deadline. "Hopefully, we're buying," Gretzky said, according to Daniel Nugent-Bowman of The Athletic. "We're six points out with a game in hand. We're not out of it. But in a (couple) weeks, we'll see where we're at." The Oilers play six games before the deadline, including a three-game Eastern Conference road trip starting Wednesday in Pittsburgh. Meanwhile, Gretzky insists he won't sacrifice the team's farm system to pursue outside talent. "We've gotta make some changes, of course," said Gretzky. "You can't say that we're the perfect team with our record. We're trying to improve it, but we're not gonna sell the farm and get a quick fix. It's gonna take a bit." The Oilers are at risk of missing the playoffs for the 12th time in 13 years and for the second straight season since reaching the second round in 2017.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Keith Gretzky is hoping to be a buyer at the deadline, but won't sell the farm for a quick fix and of course has to see where the team is in the standings at the deadline.

Doesn't sound like much player movement between now and then.

I got this info via The Score app.

Yeah I read the article on the Athletic. He doesnt inspire confidence in his answers, in my opinion.

onetweasy

Oct 16, 2005
The problem is that Barkov is only under contract for 3 more years, and Drai is under for another 6 years. We aren't going to win anything in the next 2 years, so you'd really only have Barkov for maybe 1 year of potentially winning something. Barkov has "roughly" the same production, maybe a little less, and is a bit better defensively. Over all, I'd say they are about equal players, very close at any point. The contract is a big differentiation point between the 2 of them however.

The chemistry and friendship between 29 and 97 should not be easily discounted. Drai is pretty much untouchable in my books.

Reactions: B33K33PING

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
Legit #1 center signed for 6 more years versus 3. They also move out an overpriced Ekblad who may never be worth his 7.5M.

Who's the C going to Florida? McDavid?

No one in the league is trading for Draisaitl thinking they are getting a #1 C. Sorry.

Reactions: CycloneSweep
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad