Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread | Kyle Dubarelli Strikes Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
Goalie market has always been underwhelming I wouldn’t expect more than a 3rd or 4th for talbot.

And one quality winger would make such a difference for this team cause who ever of Nuge or drai isn’t playing with mcdavid gets absolutely neutered by the rest of the team. We’re a one line team until we get one winger
Good thing we didn't lose 3 productive top 6 wingers over the last couple years.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
The longer this drags on the more that I think that we will just waive some players when Sekera is activated.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
The longer this drags on the more that I think that we will just waive some players when Sekera is activated.
Maybe Anderson will take another tennis ball off the eye and be out longer than one game. Might find their way into the Talbot sweepstakes:naughty:

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Petrovic and Chaisson are probably the only players of interest from other teams. Talbot is to expensive to be a backup, Spooner and Manning are horrible and have a year left on their deals.

Salaries are pro rated at the TDL. Full salaries don't apply

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Salaries are pro rated at the TDL. Full salaries don't apply
Still Talbot is owed more than a lot of backups make in a full year.

Edit: My bad didn't realized we played that many games, but still he's owed close to 1.4mil. While guys like Saros(1.5), Kinkaid(1.25), Lehner(2mil who's a starter) make similar coin over a full year

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Yes he does. Really like his game.

I could have sworn I meant to comment this on the draft thread. Same thing happened yesterday haha

Glad people are starting to pick up on the talent this kid has. I was telling people a year ago not to throw this guy in deals. Many wanted to move him over Maximov.

North

Jun 25, 2009

Unfortunately, and I hate to say it, we have to hope and pray we get one of the top two picks.

Nobody wants our depth players including us. We have three skill players who we need to keep. We can’t pluck Larsson, Klefbom, or Nurse out unless it’s for a clear upgrade and then we’d have to add more (that we can’t afford) to one of them. Our prospects are still just prospects so we aren’t going to get value for them.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Petrovic and Chaisson are probably the only players of interest from other teams. Talbot is to expensive to be a backup, Spooner and Manning are horrible and have a year left on their deals.

Talbot 50% retained makes sense at the deadline for a team that could use a backup (Toronto for example). We could also likely move Rieder for a late pick (he’s not worth qualifying, so why not?).

But ya, I agree with the rest. The biggest screwup with the Manning deal was Chia taking on a bad contract with term. If he was on the last year of his deal, we could at least move him to a team looking for depth for a playoff run.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Talbot to Carolina makes the most sense. I doubt we have to retain anything to move him.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Unfortunately, and I hate to say it, we have to hope and pray we get one of the top two picks.

Nobody wants our depth players including us. We have three skill players who we need to keep. We can’t pluck Larsson, Klefbom, or Nurse out unless it’s for a clear upgrade and then we’d have to add more (that we can’t afford) to one of them. Our prospects are still just prospects so we aren’t going to get value for them.
It's a 3-4 year rebuild before competitive can be used with us. We are close to blow it up bad right now.

Reactions: McFuhryous

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I'd be down to add a guy like Dach at the draft. Do that and then go hard for one of the ufa forwards or another forward in trade. Then just change out a ton of our depth guys in the offseason.n

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I'd be down to add a guy like Dach at the draft. Do that and then go hard for one of the ufa forwards or another forward in trade. Then just change out a ton of our depth guys in the offseason.n

Problem is, changing out a ton of depth might be hard. Without even looking at Lucic/Sekera/Koskinen, we ideally need to move Manning, Spooner, Kassian, and maybe Benning in order to free up cap space. Also let Rieder walk.

We haven’t had much luck moving out one contract let alone 4+

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Talbot 50% retained makes sense at the deadline for a team that could use a backup (Toronto for example). We could also likely move Rieder for a late pick (he’s not worth qualifying, so why not?).

But ya, I agree with the rest. The biggest screwup with the Manning deal was Chia taking on a bad contract with term. If he was on the last year of his deal, we could at least move him to a team looking for depth for a playoff run.
For some reason he thought Caggiula was also a bad contract

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Petrovic is a healthy scratch on one of the worst defenses in the league. No one wants him
D depth is always valuable come playoff time, teams often want 9-10 d-men they are comfortable playing, the most critical thing with Petrovic is his contract expires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->