Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread | Kyle Dubarelli Strikes Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
How has Senyshen looked at the NHL level? IIRC he can skate like he wind but hasn't done much at the AHL level.

Exactly as advertised; they knew he would be a project and the speed and shot are there but the hockey sense and seeing the game at a high speed would take awhile to develop. Some want him up to try on Krejci's wing while the rest of us would gladly see him finish this year in Providence hitting around 20-30 goals and 60 points and then force his way onto the roster in the fall. Filling out as he is almost 200lbs at 6'1".

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Pretty sure he was just being facetious.
Damn.. I've been figured out.

Based on the recent Hitch jabs at Drai and my supposed hate for him:

To OTT: Draisaitl + Russell/Lucic/Sekera (OTT's choice)
To EDM: Stone+Dzingle + Pageau

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Damn.. I've been figured out.

Based on the recent Hitch jabs at Drai and my supposed hate for him:

To OTT: Draisaitl + Russell/Lucic/Sekera (OTT's choice)
To EDM: Stone+Dzingle + Pageau

Drai + Larsson for Seguin + Klingberg

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
If Lucic waives his NMC,is that clause not void? Meaning he would no longer have to be protected in an expansion draft? That was my understanding, but I haven’t studied the CBA like some others.
No, it’s not voided. For instance, Rick Nash waived his to go to ny and had to be protected. Same went for Dion Phaneuf in Ottawa. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a case of a guy that has a ntc/nmc in place, waives it and it doesn’t stay in place after the trade.

I’ve seen cases where a guy has a clause in the future and is traded before it is in effect and the new team doesn’t honor it, but once it’s in place, the new team is stuck with it. That’s what makes Lucic so undesirable, along with all the upfront money.

AK Dandyman

Sep 12, 2008
What are the realistic value for these guys if we're to move them between now and the deadline?

Talbot for a 2nd or 3rd rd pick or equivalent prospect?
Kassian for a 2nd or 3rd rd pick or equivalent prospect?
Manning for a 3rd or 4th rd pick or equivalent prospect?
Brodziak for a 5th rd pick or equivalent prospect?
Benning for a 2nd or 3rd rd pick? or equivalent prospect
Reider for a 4th rd pick or equivalent prospect?
Petrovic for nothing, waiving?

Russell, does he get us a 2nd rd pick and/or a decent prospect?

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
What are the realistic value for these guys if we're to move them between now and the deadline?

Talbot for a 2nd or 3rd rd pick or equivalent prospect?
Kassian for a 2nd or 3rd rd pick or equivalent prospect?
Manning for a 3rd or 4th rd pick or equivalent prospect?
Brodziak for a 5th rd pick or equivalent prospect?
Benning for a 2nd or 3rd rd pick? or equivalent prospect
Reider for a 4th rd pick or equivalent prospect?
Petrovic for nothing, waiving?

Russell, does he get us a 2nd rd pick and/or a decent prospect?
That would be not too bad, I would like to get a little more for Dadbot.

Manning is going to be a 6th/7th.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Russell might not bring that same element but the team will still be icing Nurse, Larsson, Lucic and Khaira. That's more than enough character and toughness for the lineup, the difference in salary could be a big part of bringing in a legit scorer for the top 6.

except kassian brings a level of crazy that maybe only nurse can match. and if we are going to lose someone for 5 mins or a game then id rather that guy be kassian. also you can factor in when kassian is engaged and triggered he is a more effective hockey player than lucic and khaira glued together.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
No, it’s not voided. For instance, Rick Nash waived his to go to ny and had to be protected. Same went for Dion Phaneuf in Ottawa. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a case of a guy that has a ntc/nmc in place, waives it and it doesn’t stay in place after the trade.

I’ve seen cases where a guy has a clause in the future and is traded before it is in effect and the new team doesn’t honor it, but once it’s in place, the new team is stuck with it. That’s what makes Lucic so undesirable, along with all the upfront money.

one thing about Lucic is that he can be asked to waive his NMC and the idea that he might get to go to seattle might be enticing enough for him to do it. Beautiful city and very close to home for him. plus the love the vegas team has gotten might make players more inclined to want to get picked.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
one thing about Lucic is that he can be asked to waive his NMC and the idea that he might get to go to seattle might be enticing enough for him to do it. Beautiful city and very close to home for him. plus the love the vegas team has gotten might make players more inclined to want to get picked.

Maybe, but there’s no guarantee. And unless he improves, Seattle might not want him. Right now, I have to assume that he’d need to be protected or would cost another asset. Can’t take him on knowing that risk exists.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
man so boring being an Oilers fan right now...not trade/no rumors/no play offs/ no fun hockey to watch/ prob will do nothing at trade deadline..

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

So have Bobrovsky and Panarin been given the right to talk with other organizations?

I think it will be funny if they open up space and end up not signing Panarin. Even Bobrovsky, I'm not convinced that he's someone I'd go hard after. Guy has been lit up a ton this year on CBJ. A team quite a bit better than FLA.

North

Jun 25, 2009
man so boring being an Oilers fan right now...not trade/no rumors/no play offs/ no fun hockey to watch/ prob will do nothing at trade deadline..

We have nothing of value to conceivably give up. Just expiring contracts and even some of those are not great (Talbot).

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
If Huberdeau is available I unironically think he would be a great winger for Nuge.

McDavid - Drai
Huberdeau - RNH

As pairs.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I don't know how you even get him. Although FLA probably just wants picks and prospects.
They gave away good players for free before. They are going hard for Panarin and Bob so they need to clear cap which imo drops the possible return

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Dunno how we could clear cap space for Huberdeau..

We're kind of in cap hell.

Kaniac

Sep 11, 2018
How is there not a sniff of rumours floating around now about the Oilers? I know where not going to make a splash but c'mon someone be interested in our garbage :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad