Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread | Kyle Dubarelli Strikes Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I think it would be hilarious if that "Canadian team executive" that bashed the Leafs and the Matthews deal was an Oilers executive.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think it would be hilarious if that "Canadian team executive" that bashed the Leafs and the Matthews deal was an Oilers executive.

From the sounds of it it sounded like the Flames. The Oilers don't even have any big RFAs coming up. The Flames are used to getting their players to bend over in contract negotiations and are probably sour about the Matthews deal as he's friends with Tkachuk and was shooting his mouth off about the deal to Calgary media. It likely impacts Gaudreau's next deal too which they likely erred in not going longer term on.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Edmonton scouting Providence Bruins games now as well. If the hopes are for a hockey trade then who are the underperforming RWers in Edmonton that would be worth one of the Bruins top Providence prospects (Donato, JFK, Vaakanianen, Zboril, Senyshyn) that have had NHL time and can play in the NHL?

Puljujarvi for Donato + JFK

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I bet they were watching Mark McNeill... 1st + 2nd for him.
Don't even joke about that. If it was MacT, of course he was.

The funny thing about us scouting the Bruins' farm team is the fact that we already claimed their most productive forward off of waivers. Not too much left there that really piques the interest.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017

As the others have mentioned I pretty much guarantee it was the flames with a small outside chance the jets .

Tkchauk is wanting big money I don't think he signs for less then 8 mill a season. Weather that's with the flames or not we will see

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
There is no way Stone brings back a player like Bouchard let alone adding Yammamoto plus an unprotect first this whole concept is out to lunch. No salary out how exactly are you going to make room next year to keep 1 of those players let alone both? There is literally no point to do this considering you can try to sign him in the offseason and your chances are about the same probably to have him on your team next year why would you empty half the cupboard just to be able to talk to them a little earlier than other teams?

No salary out? did you even read the post.. we are paying a premium to dump 14 million onto the Sens. That's the whole point of this trade is to START to fix our problems long term.. and maybe even make the playoffs this year.

9 for stone
5 for Dzingle

And you don't make a big deal like this unless you know the players are signing.. you would need permission to talk to the players before the deal.

Am I the only one that thinks our top six completely sucks? lol..

Last edited:
Reactions: B33K33PING

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
No salary out? did you even read the post.. we are paying a premium to dump 14 million onto the Sens. That's the whole point of this trade is to START to fix our problems long term.. and maybe even make the playoffs this year.

9 for stone
5 for Dzingle

And you don't make a big deal like this unless you know the players are signing.. you would need permission to talk to the players before the deal.

Unless that 14m going back is Lucic + Sekera + Manning I don't touch that.

Even then, replace Bouchard with something else, like Jones + 2nd.

Yamo + Pulju + unprotected 1st + Jones + 2020 2nd + Lucic + Sekera + Manning

For

Stone + Dzingle

Stone - 7 years x 8.5m
Dzingle - 6 years x 4.5m

Now roll:
Chiasson - Mcdavid - Drai
Dzingle - Nuge - Stone

We'd still need a 3c and a 3rw lol

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015

9 for stone
5 for Dzingle

I agree our top 6 looks pitiful, desperately need atleast one player good for 20+goals just to play with Nuge if we’re to keep mcdrai twins together

I’d be offering Dzingel 6m this off season

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
Unless that 14m going back is Lucic + Sekera + Manning I don't touch that.

Even then, replace Bouchard with something else, like Jones + 2nd.

Yamo + Pulju + unprotected 1st + Jones + 2020 2nd + Lucic + Sekera + Manning

For

Stone + Dzingle

Stone - 7 years x 8.5m
Dzingle - 6 years x 4.5m

Now roll:
Chiasson - Mcdavid - Drai
Dzingle - Nuge - Stone

We'd still need a 3c and a 3rw lol
Dzingel will easily get more than 4.5 at UFA

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015

9 for stone
5 for Dzingle

My bad still doesnt make the proposal any better, though. The fact you have to write 14 million out instead of actual players indicates that because an organization unwilling to pay their own stars are what going to be obliged to spend that much money on what is most likely AHL level talent at this point.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
I feel like one of the keys for next year is going to be running with a cheap, younger 4th line. Brodziak and Kassian are both signed, but I'd heavily explore moving Kassian at the deadline this year. I think the success that Washington had with Wilson could make for an increased market for Kassian. In a 4th line role I feel a guy like Patrick Russell coming up from the AHL wouldn't be a massive drop off, and the $1.3M in cap savings could be huge in bringing in a top 6 forward. A fourth line of Gambardella-Brodziak-PRussell would probably be an increase in production versus what's happened this year, and the cap savings would just be the cherry on top.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
I would love to get Stone and Dizingell in a deal of course they would have to be signed to a deal
To EDM
Stone
Dizingell
To Ottawa
1st
Puljujarvi
Yamamoto
Benning
Manning
Spooner
Manning,Spooner and Benning are all on expiring contracts and Benning is also a legit right shot dman. Yes a third pairing but still with value.
Trade Russell and Kaisian In the off season and we have two legit scoring lines. We will still be stuck with Lucic but that will have to wait until next year. We still have decent prospects coming through the system that will need 2-3 yrs.

Reactions: Chabot84

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
I feel like one of the keys for next year is going to be running with a cheap, younger 4th line. Brodziak and Kassian are both signed, but I'd heavily explore moving Kassian at the deadline this year. I think the success that Washington had with Wilson could make for an increased market for Kassian. In a 4th line role I feel a guy like Patrick Russell coming up from the AHL wouldn't be a massive drop off, and the $1.3M in cap savings could be huge in bringing in a top 6 forward. A fourth line of Gambardella-Brodziak-PRussell would probably be an increase in production versus what's happened this year, and the cap savings would just be the cherry on top.

Kassian is a bit expensive but I love what he brings. I think the oilers would lose a lot of character and nastiness if they trade him, don't think Russell has the same DNA.

Plus we are seeing Kassian thrown in the top 9 and contributing more now. If he wasn't given more time there I wouldn't be surprised to see him pop in 15-18 goals - which makes him ok value for $2mill.

Plus we need someone who can our own rat to ragdoll rats like Tkachuk, Rousell, narchand etc...

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Someone on this thread mentioned packaging Pulju with Lucic to the Canes. I would do that. It would give us the cap next year to sign Mark Stone, a third line center, and play Andrej Sekera. Here is a capfriendly team where I do that.

Next year - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad