Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread | Kyle Dubarelli Strikes Again

Discussion in 'Edmonton Oilers' started by Cloned, Feb 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LMFAO

LMFAO Registered User

Yeah but Seattle has to select him too which I don't think will happen. Only way to get rid of Lucic is to trade him for another terrible contract like Eriksson, Ladd, Alzner, etc. Lucic for Eriksson would be really interesting.. but I don't know if Eriksson would waive to come here... maybe he would prefer playing on Connor's or Draisailt's wing than playing on Vancouver's 4th line.

2. McCanovin

McCanovin 1% is the new 11.5%

Gotta think something like Pulju, 2nd, Rieder and Benning might get Huberdeau....

3. BigTime99

BigTime99 Registered User

Did I miss something? Why wouldn't cbj ask for huberdeau in a package for panarin and bob?

4. FlameChampion

FlameChampion Registered User

I think you're being too generous.

Talbot - 3rd or 4th
    Kassian - 2nd or 3rd could be reasonable. He has a unique skill set but the extra 1 year might turn off some teams. Might be more valuable for some though, who dont want a pure rental.
    Manning - 5th to 7th probably I think is probably likely. He just makes too much next year. I think they could of traded Cagguila for a 3rd or 4th which makes the trade even worse.
    Brodziak - Veteran center . 5th might be reasonable. The extra year though I think will scare teams off.
    Benning - Hard to say on this one. RH defenseman is a commodity. Dont think you will get a 2nd but who knows.
    Rieder - I still like the player. I like him on the PK. Not sure we will get a 4th for a player with 0 goals though.
    Petrovic - Probably same as manning.

5. joestevens29

joestevens29 Registered User

They can ask, but given Bob has a NMC and Panarin seems to want to only sign with a handful of teams I doubt they get anything that good.

CycloneSweep likes this.
  6. McOvechking

McOvechking Registered User

The whole point of Frank Seravalli bringing up the availability of Huberdeau is for Florida to acquire Bob and Panarin.

They're not looking to shop him. They're looking to secure those two specific players from CBJ. I don't see the value in speculating on the Oilers acquiring him.

7. belair

belair Registered User

Give it to them.

Huberdeau would be like getting another Nuge. Them trading him makes no sense.

B33K33PING likes this.
  8. North

North Registered User

I think the only one we might be able to cash in for a second rounder is Chiasson and we might end up keeping him.

9. A91

A91 Oilers + Real Madrid

Not even close Huberdeau is a ppg winger that's a horrible offer.

B33K33PING likes this.
  10. McCanovin

McCanovin 1% is the new 11.5%

Well that depends how Florida is desperate enough to want Bob and Panarin

11. A91

A91 Oilers + Real Madrid

I'd assume they would just send Huberdeau in the package for those two guys. I'm sure the BJs would love to get him.

12. Sask97

Sask97 Registered User

They'd get alot better offers from other teams. I'd think you'd have to start with pool party +1st

13. CycloneSweep

CycloneSweep Registered User

It's not that Huberdeau would go back in a trade, it's that they would move him to clear cap so they can sign them.

MC2D likes this.
  14. Jet Walters

Jet Walters Registered User

It's not like Florida is loading up for a playoff push. Why doesn't Florida just wait until free agency to sign Panarin and Bobrovsky and then deal other players like Hubredeau for cheap players on ELC's and picks?

15. Burnt Biscuits

Burnt Biscuits Registered User

• Talbot- I think gets a 4th, 3rd if some injuries shrink the goalie market going into deadline day.
    • Kassian- Probably a 4th cause of his high cap-hit and extra year on his deal, if we retain 50% I could see it going as high as a 2nd, some GM's can get a bit crazy about wanting to add toughness, but the teams that will pay the crazy price are top tier playoff contenders that are likely already cash strapped.
    • Manning- Negative value, there are a couple dinosaur GM's who might take him if we are lucky, but by rights we should have to pay to unload him.
    • Brodziak- He'd have value if his contract was expiring, I suspect most playoff teams would will aim for someone a little better, but if there are interested parties I do agree he can probably get a 5th this year, likely a 4th next year much like Letestu.
    • Benning- Rumors I've heard doesn't sound like he generated much interest when we made him available in the past, I doubt he could fetch a 2nd more likely traded for a 3rd/4th line winger who's a bit more affordable and has atleast one prominent negative trait.
    • Rieder- The zero goals will hurt his value, but he can PK I could see a team offering a 4th round pick for that utility.
    • Petrovic- 4th round pick, big hard nosed d-man, expiring contract, this is the kind of depth playoff acquisition you see all the time, though his current injury could scare away all parties that might otherwise be interested.
    • Chiasson- 3rd round pick with possibly a conditional secondary pick based on team playoff success.
    • Russell- 2nd round pick, though I can only think of a few teams that make sense given the long term commitment his contract brings.

16. Jet Walters

I think it makes sense to package Pulju/Yamo with Spooner/Manning in separate deals. Pulju + Spooner for Athanasiou. Yamamoto + Manning for Blake Coleman. Add some mid round picks on either side if you don't think the value is fair, but that at least fives us some veteran two-way goal scoring wingers who can skate.

17. frag2

frag2 Registered User

I thought they want the opportunity to sign them for 8 years?

18. Jet Walters

Maybe Panarin as he's only 27, but Bob will be 31 before next season starts. I think they might be a little more careful with long term deals to goalies given their history. It makes no sense to pay a hefty price for pending UFA's when you are not in a playoff race and have a good chance to sign them for free July 1st.

19. AK Dandyman

AK Dandyman Registered User

We're in the ballpark here. And yeah as you guys pointed out about Manning, I forgot to mention we'll have to either retain some salary on Manning or get little to nothing for him.

Interesting to see some of us brought up Chiasson. I just thought we'd still need some forward to fill the lineup. Also since he's done well coming to us in a PTO we would just keep a good story around to have some positive vibe in the dressing room as well as for future potential PTO willing to come to us.

We can always re-sign Chiasson in the summer though, so I can understand why some of us see it as a good idea to get something for him. Wonder if he can get us as much as a 3rd rd pick with consideration to move to a 2nd rd pick if he or the team traded for him reaching certain level of results.

20. Weitz

Weitz Registered User

Ah yes. The classic my garbage for your PPG player.

21. GhostfaceWu

GhostfaceWu Uh-Oh Somersault Jump

Its too bad Seguin is coming up on UFA because getting a replacement forward and Klingberg would probably turn this team right around. Can you imagine a pp where the guy at the point opposite of Mcdavid is actually a master craftsmen himself his shot and elusive ability would completely change this teams pp.

22. 780il

780il Registered User

Seguin has a 8 year extension in place. Slightly above 9.5m IIRC

23. McFlash97

McFlash97 Registered User

I believe Athanasiou is a must for our top 6. Then work from there. Try to bring in players below 4 mill who have game for now. Until we shed a bit of salary. another one is Michal Kempney Dman Washington , decent speed solid defenseman as a number 5. Burokovsky is another one that comes to mind. Thats a no brainer

24. Fourier

Fourier Registered User

To Florida: Talbot, Yamamoto, 2019 1st (top 3 protected) 2020 2nd, Rieder, Benning, Spooner $1.3M retained.

To Edmonton: Huberdeau, Reimer

If need be the Panthers could buyout either or both of Spooner and Benning. The two combined would cost them $1.8M for a buyout so this deal would save them almost enough money to pay Panarin the next two years.

25. DerpMorg

DerpMorg 10 Year Tire Fire

We’re not getting Hub without including either Nuge or Nurse and a combination of picks. FLA isn’t taking our garbage players. That’s a pipe dream.

Pulju falls squarely in that garbage player pile.

5 Mins 4 Ftg likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.