Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread | Kyle Dubarelli Strikes Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Seeing as how they're scouting Boston like crazy, I would suspect he probably has more sway than you think. I think they're trying to get one of the guys he picked in the draft there.

In any case, they should basically just shut it down until a new POHO and GM are in place. Shouldn't be any major trades made for a while.

Wouldn't be the worst thing.

He drafted a handful of guys there that would likely be the best winger on the Oilers.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Another Boston player?
Maybe Chia is still pulling the strings? :sarcasm:
Its common knowledge that he was just given a secret promotion and a hairpiece. ;)

images

Reactions: frag2

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
They are tied in points while playing the same amount of games. You also gain almost 2 mill in cap space for identical players right now so I'd definitely trade Drai for Pastrnk. Drai does have an extra 2 years but I guess it really depends on how impatient we are.
Those two years and the flexibility of playing wing or center make Drai significantly better I think.

Reactions: The Nuge

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
What this team needs is a trade similar to the Max Domi or Dylan Strome trades, sadly they probably missed the bus on both of those options, but Montreal and maybe even Chicago might end up making the playoffs because of that.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
It's a nice idea, but who's our Galchenyuk/Schmaltz?

They likely could've had either player for Puljujarvi+. They also could've had Hoffman for peanuts but didn't want to give up Strome (who they then gave up for an AHL player 20 games later out of panic).

Just like they say for goalies at some point you have to make a f***ing save ... as a GM at some point you have to win a damn trade.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
They likely could've had either player for Puljujarvi+. They also could've had Hoffman for peanuts but didn't want to give up Strome (who they then gave up for an AHL player 20 games later out of panic).

Just like they say for goalies at some point you have to make a ****ing save ... as a GM at some point you have to win a damn trade.
I very much doubt they could've got either of those guys for Pulju+. Galchenyuk and Schmaltz were semi proven forwards who had 50 point seasons under their belts already. Arizona is trying to gain respectability so they want proven assets not more question marks.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Would anyone do Klefbom and Kassian for Lowry and Big Buff this summer?

Nope, Buff is too old.

I have time for a player like Dougie Hamilton who's more in the age range of this group though, but it depends on what the ask is. Puljujarvi + Larsson and it's a go.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I very much doubt they could've got either of those guys for Pulju+. Galchenyuk and Schmaltz were semi proven forwards who had 50 point seasons under their belts already. Arizona is trying to gain respectability so they want proven assets not more question marks.

I doubt they even tried, but even so, Hoffman was just sitting there for the same money they spent on Spooner + Reider, who have a combined 3 goals or something. Bravo Chia.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009

Lets grab Stone... whatever it takes. Im sick of living in Edmonton ive been here over 10 years now and they have only made the playoffs once? faaaccckkk.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
We don't have any players of value with money attached to them (other then RNH) to trade for Stone.. our only real option is to overpay for Stone with cap dumps + futures.

And I don't think we should give up PULJ because I think he breaks out with Stone.

Example:

14 million$ in cap dumps + Yamamoto + Bouchard + 1st 2019 unprotected

for

Stone + Dzingle

and this trade has to happen like TOMMOROW... because we need to make the playoffs!

I don't think Sens take this to be honest.. have to upgrade yamamoto… but id start there.

Last edited:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
We don't have any players of value with money attached to them (other then RNH) to trade for Stone.. our only real option is to overpay for Stone with cap dumps + futures.

If you really wanted Stone, Ottawa probably listens to a package of Puljujarvi + EDM 2nd or something, the problem is does he agree to sign here, which I doubt he would give any assurances of, and even so, where is the cap room coming from.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
If you really wanted Stone, Ottawa probably listens to a package of Puljujarvi + EDM 2nd or something, the problem is does he agree to sign here, which I doubt he would give any assurances of, and even so, where is the cap room coming from.

Read my edited post above...

We have to dump money and its gonna cost us that's the problem. Are we willing to pay?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Read my edited post above...

We have to dump money and its gonna cost us that's the problem. Are we willing to pay?

My worry with Stone is I dunno if he can push a line ... but it's hard to argue with his goal numbers.

We would be so screwed if he came here and it for whatever reason didn't work for him and RNH or Draisaitl.

Our real issue is we need a creative, dynamic 1st line type of player ... on our *second* line. That will unlock the offence and make the team a large headache to play against, and once they realize they are never out of any game, the confidence and buy in to any system will come.

And yes of course, we had that player and decided Milan Lucic was the better way to go.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
My worry with Stone is I dunno if he can push a line ... but it's hard to argue with his goal numbers.

We would be so screwed if he came here and it for whatever reason didn't work for him and RNH or Draisaitl.

100% Stone can carry his own line... you can play him with Draisaitl. Stone can also get Pulj to break out and reach his potential.. hes an amazing player.

Dzingle - Mcdavid - ???
Stone - Draisaitl - Pulj
???? - RNH - ???

can roll deeper.. if we want or load up

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
What this team needs is a trade similar to the Max Domi or Dylan Strome trades, sadly they probably missed the bus on both of those options, but Montreal and maybe even Chicago might end up making the playoffs because of that.

Edmonton scouting Providence Bruins games now as well. If the hopes are for a hockey trade then who are the underperforming RWers in Edmonton that would be worth one of the Bruins top Providence prospects (Donato, JFK, Vaakanianen, Zboril, Senyshyn) that have had NHL time and can play in the NHL?

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009

Our real issue is we need a creative, dynamic 1st line type of player ... on our *second* line. That will unlock the offence and make the team a large headache to play against, and once they realize they are never out of any game, the confidence and buy in to any system will come.

And yes of course, we had that player and decided Milan Lucic was the better way to go.

That is stone.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Edmonton scouting Providence Bruins games now as well. If the hopes are for a hockey trade then who are the underperforming RWers in Edmonton that would be worth one of the Bruins top Providence prospects (Donato, JFK, Vaakanianen, Zboril, Senyshyn) that have had NHL time and can play in the NHL?
I bet they were watching Mark McNeill... 1st + 2nd for him.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015

And I don't think we should give up PULJ because I think he breaks out with Stone.

Example:

14 million$ in cap dumps + Yamamoto + Bouchard + 1st 2019 unprotected

for

Stone + Dzingle

and this trade has to happen like TOMMOROW... because we need to make the playoffs!

I don't think Sens take this to be honest.. have to upgrade yamamoto… but id start there.
There is no way Stone brings back a player like Bouchard let alone adding Yammamoto plus an unprotect first this whole concept is out to lunch. No salary out how exactly are you going to make room next year to keep 1 of those players let alone both? There is literally no point to do this considering you can try to sign him in the offseason and your chances are about the same probably to have him on your team next year why would you empty half the cupboard just to be able to talk to them a little earlier than other teams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad