Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread | Kyle Dubarelli Strikes Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
I feel like the oilers absolutely need to pick up a winger this offseason who will score atleast 20 goals so the oilers can run two lines that are actual threats.

What does everyone think Dzingel or Zuccarello gonna command in free agency? I’d be all over Dzingel at 6.5 on. 5 year or something

Xxx-mcdavid-draisaitl
Xxx-Nuge-Dzingel

Gives you two base lines to work with and I know people will want draisaitl centering his own line but why when they have sedin like production and chemistry?

Rieder, peteovic, and talbot off books this year for around 8m in saving and while these players all need to be replaced how he’s is it to replace zero reider? And who are we kidding with the ahl club surging I’m betting that management is already pencilling in starret as bext years back up

So with koskinen starting next year I’d say we need to bolster the d a bit, I’d bug the ducks at this draft and offer our first round pick and Matt Benning for josh Manson (PENDING WHERE OUR PICK IS)

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Manson
Sekera-russel
is the defence next year Keeping Bouchard in the ahl next year hopefully on a pairing with Caleb Jones

And then I think next off season is when it gets interesting, nurse will be due for a raise of about 3 million to around 7 IMO But to make room both russel and sekera have to provide the team with lists of teams they would accept trades to as per their NMC dictates and I know people are gonna cry and moan about them not having value but I honestly think a smart gm can move both of these players fairly easily(again pending on the teams on their lists)

*spooner and kassian off the books after next year aswell

Feel free to criticize me and give feedback

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Athanasiou :naughty:
I could see us aiming for Athanasiou and Debrusk.

Boston looks like they want to make a push so....not that I would want to but it could happen.

RNH, Gravel, Chiasson for Debrusk, Carlo, Studnicka, 1st

And then do something like Safin, Boston's 1st for Athanasiou, 3rd

Benson - McDavid - Athanasiou
Khaira - Draisaitl - Debrusk

Klefbom - Larsson
Nurse - Carlo

I dunno lol

Reactions: McDrai

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Drai is actually ahead in points or at least he was yesterday. So that would be a huge overpay as of now for pretty equal players.
I'd rather keep Drai. Puju + can go though.
They are tied in points while playing the same amount of games. You also gain almost 2 mill in cap space for identical players right now so I'd definitely trade Drai for Pastrnk. Drai does have an extra 2 years but I guess it really depends on how impatient we are.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
They are tied in points while playing the same amount of games. You also gain almost 2 mill in cap space for identical players right now so I'd definitely trade Drai for Pastrnk. Drai does have an extra 2 years but I guess it really depends on how impatient we are.

While giving up term. Hence why Pasta signed cheaper than Drai

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Sign Yzerman as POHO like Shanahan

Give him full autonomy. Required to spend only 50% of the season in Edmonton .

Profit

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
There is no way Keith Gretzky should have any authority to make a major trade. That should be for the new POHO + GM to decide together in the summer.

Reactions: Heavy Dee

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Sign Yzerman as POHO like Shanahan

Give him full autonomy. Required to spend only 50% of the season in Edmonton .

Profit

He wants to be in Detroit, that's not gonna work. I would as a friend though in Bob Nicholson call him and basically tell him "hey please do me a favor, look at our team for a week or two and tell me honestly what you would do". That can't hurt to pick his brain.

Might as well use that Hockey Canada connection.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
He wants to be in Detroit, that's not gonna work. I would as a friend though in Bob Nicholson call him and basically tell him "hey please do me a favor, look at our team for a week or two and tell me honestly what you would do". That can't hurt to pick his brain.

Might as well use that Hockey Canada connection.
I agree with you, but if Holland stays he might change his mind.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
It's pretty obvious that it isn't Keith calling the shots right now.

Seeing as how they're scouting Boston like crazy, I would suspect he probably has more sway than you think. I think they're trying to get one of the guys he picked in the draft there.

In any case, they should basically just shut it down until a new POHO and GM are in place. Shouldn't be any major trades made for a while.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Seeing as how they're scouting Boston like crazy, I would suspect he probably has more sway than you think. I think they're trying to get one of the guys he picked in the draft there.

In any case, they should basically just shut it down until a new POHO and GM are in place. Shouldn't be any major trades made for a while.
Cameron Hughes is doing decent in the AHL and is an Edmonton kid, same with Debrusk. Donato, Heinen and Bjork could be options.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I think if the Sharks end up letting Pavelski walk for whatever reason, the Oilers should be making every possible effort to bring him in. You may not get a lot of mileage out of whatever contract you give him but a forward with goal scoring skills and leadership skills could probably help a lot of the culture issues going on there.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
While giving up term. Hence why Pasta signed cheaper than Drai
Yeah but it opens up almost 2 million in cap while having the same calibre of player. Do the 2 extra years matter if those 2 extra years see the team on the outside of the playoffs again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad